spider farm

spider farm

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: steffen.4317

steffen.4317

hey, just want to tell u all: itzel camp fighting spiders is the best way to grind exp in hot. want to make ur masteries in a short and boring grindy fast methode? come there and kick some spiders.

edit: ruin the next few days for everyone, that want to reach t4 on vb. it will be fun, i swear

(edited by steffen.4317)

spider farm

Posted by: Urosh Uchiha.9732

Urosh Uchiha.9732

Spider farm is usually done by 5 people at best. If more than 5 people are present they will try to find a new, emptier map. So no clue how it ruins a t4 on Verdant Brink. If you really missed t4 cause of 5 players than you never had a chance.

And in some cases those people farming spiders actually defend that rally point that’s on top of the spider farm to get event participation so they can get bonus chests when a tier gets higher.

spider farm

Posted by: steffen.4317

steffen.4317

thats not what i see. i see tions of lfgs with “spider farm” + 20+ player (1 is of cause taged up). on nearly every map i have joined today. seems to be the “more casual” spiderfarm for everyone.

spider farm

Urosh Uchiha.9732

They don’t even know how to farm properly haha, too many people = too much damage. That leads to spiders not respawning fast enough even if you add tigers to the rotation. Oh well. I find people who run for achievements while it’s night. For example the whole zerg of people goes to the frog boss to get the achie or something. Those type of things ruin the t4 if you ask me. ANet always puts silly achievements for content that should be organized. And it always ends up with a chunk of players running to complete their achies first.

spider farm

Posted by: ScribeTheMad.7614

ScribeTheMad.7614

What?
I’ve been trying to find a spider farm for days and haven’t seen a single LFG for one.
I call bull, all the LFG stuff I see is for meta groups, and once in a while specific HP.

“The short answer is that new content is not going to drive people away from the game.
There is absolutely no evidence to support that it would.” -AnthonyOrdon

spider farm

Urosh Uchiha.9732

What?
I’ve been trying to find a spider farm for days and haven’t seen a single LFG for one.
I call bull, all the LFG stuff I see is for meta groups, and once in a while specific HP.

Correct. No one wants to post LFG’s for that cause it would bring more people than needed. Usually those who want to farm spiders just go to the place, see a few people already there and just join them. They only post LFG if that group disbands and you need a few more or you simply come to spiders and there is no one there.

spider farm

Posted by: Chuck.8196

Chuck.8196

It USED to be. Two weeks ago it was great. Now everyone and their grandmothers is there and it is starting to suck. Everyone wants to take control and do it their way because they know “the best” way to do it.

edit: ruin the next few days for everyone, that want to reach t4 on vb. it will be fun, i swear

You know that thing called “scaling”? yea don’t blame a few farmers for your failures.

a·chieve·ment – a thing done successfully, typically by effort, courage, or skill
re·ward – a thing given in recognition of one’s service, effort, or achievement
en·ti·tle·ment – the belief one is inherently deserving of privileges or special treatment

spider farm

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

yes, spider farm or spider grind….is basiaclly the old school mmo of grinding where u just lure and kill…

too many ppl kill too fast and less ppl get rewarded, so usually is around 5 people…
if u hav a zerg doing it, it is not rewarding and whoever follow a zerg doing it has no idea what they are doing.

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

spider farm

Posted by: Monk Tank.5897

Monk Tank.5897

Just play the game..
do you guys really have to sit in one spot and pretend to be a bot?? Where is the fun in that? Run the events..Do the Meta..It’s worth 40k exp. HAVE FUN PLAYING THE GAME
Help others get Hero points..You are not Bots!!

spider farm

Posted by: PaxTheGreatOne.9472

PaxTheGreatOne.9472

Spider farm: 3-4 ppl, 5max.

REQUIRED GEAR?
- none, make sure you can tag stuff and have XP gains maximized
REQUIRES MASTERIES?
- basic gliding, bouncing mushrooms, in effect you’ll need about 2 mastery points to start….

South of the Itzel village (north-east of map) in Verdant Brink. You’ll be lookng for atree village…. You can go there walking, or by shrooms from the itzel village WP (should be a shroom on a big planky surface)
You’ll need shrooms to get up to the spiders, make sure you have the mastery, gliding is a very usefull method of travelling back.

GOAL:
You’ll be killing some veteran spiders…. ONLY veteran spiders…. to get XP….

GAINS

• 1 Cycle should kill up to 30 spiders , for 1.5-5k XP a piece giving ~ 45-150k XP (~2.5-3min) a cycle
  • This Cycle can be repeated up to 20-24 times an hour (600-720 spiders/hour)
  • 0.9M XP (no boosters) (5.5 hours for 5M XP)-
  • 3.6M XP (max boosters) (1.5 hours for 5M XP)
    final results depending LARGELY on your booster use and efficiency:
  • 1st: _Efficiency_*
    Make sure all spiders have time to respawn…..
    Running circles at full burst with all 25 stacks of might and such seems nice, but it’s a waste: you’ll lose kills/hour….

In spider farm when over 5 ppl:

• You kill so fast the respawn doesn’t keep up… A circle needs to respawn fully, else you’ll lose out on 1.5-5k XP per spider, this is a LOT
  • people might miss tags on some spiders losing out on a lot of XP and you’ll lose out on 1.5-5k XP per spider, this is a LOT
  • you’ll suffer loss of killstreak (AS A GROUP)
  • Fix: Either all people go ranged and start leisure killing and it will work, but if 1 person in a group of 6 (or more) pushes too much , and a possible loss of over 8-10 spiders a cycle effectively dropping the efficiency per run to 50-65% of what it should/could be…
    Your duration of the rounds will only drop a dozen seconds maybe….

Gains(?) of being TOO FAST:

• 20-24 spiders for 1.5-4.2k EXP (due to killstreak loss)/cycle
  • 2-4 More cycles/hr (22-26 max)
  • 440-524 spiders (losing you 75-280 spiders/hour(!))

24-30K XP / cycle without boosters
75-90K XP / cycle with ALL boosters

which will make maximum gain drop to
0.5-0.6M XP /hour (no boosters) (8.5 hours for 5M XP) and
1.5-2.1M XP / hour (all boosters) (2.4-3.5(+) hours for 5M XP)

WARNING: YOU WILL LOSE HOURS GETTING THE SAME AMOUNT WHEN SPIDER-FARMING WITH 6 OR MORE PEOPLE !! SO MAKE SURE YOU ARE 5 OR LESS !!

Advise regarding BOOSTERS:

• celebration, birthday 100% (from monthly/ birthdays)
  • heroic/experience (includes killstreak) 50% base, + up to 150% with killstreak(BL keys/ boosters in gem store or converted old boosters)
  • banner 5-15% (laurels/ guild)
  • infusion 20% (laurels)
  • utility 10% (BLTP/crafting)
  • food 10-15% (BLTP/craftng)
  • fireworks 5% 10% (BLTP)
    ————-+
    +370%
  • Experience +50% (from reward choice boosters (converted old boosters) These will affect the whole Experience gain (from kills only)

In all cases use a celebration booster and FOOD+Utility+fireworks, use any banner available

Enjoy the grind….. (5M experience will take 1.5- 2 hours of running circles…if you can provide yourself with the boosters)

Drops: drops are mostly poison glands t5 and t6 and some blues/greens and an occasional yellow… you’ll get some nuhoch bags but nothing making you filthy rich. You are in this for the XP, not the drops

Potential problems:

• Main problem: You’ll fill up your available mastery points very fast… Make sure you can actually reach your goals before you spend a lot of boosters, having all your xp ground out but no points to spend will be a waste of playing time…
  • More then 5 people…. find another map (efficiency = important!)
  • Less then 3 people….. It will slow down, At the time of writing this: new people will join and refill the group reasonably fast…. I had a farm group early in the morning…
  • No boosters…. Well either wait a couple of days and hope for a basic celebration booster, or spend some gems on boosters…. you can get a decent buff with foods, banners, fireworks and a laurel experience infusion (~65% of max 365)
  • Trolls: as long as you do not have your banner placed only a couple of minutes ago you could travel to another location (map instance)
  • The Bore…… Boredom…1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1 glide, 1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1 glide…. Grind….1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1 glide, 1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1 glide…. Sleepy….1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1 glide, 1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1 glide…. and so on. Nothing to be done…. make sure you stay focussed on running: falling down will mean losing the 3-4 others, and losing a block of xp or killing your partner in Duo…. I take a break every 30-40 minutes losing me some time, but I take my biobreaks, drinks/foods and refresh my ingame foods/boosters…
  • Full bags… Bring infinite merchants or 1 use versions, enough salvaging capacity is a minimum requirement
  • Banners… Placing a banner below will attract a lot of treasue hunters…

NEVER ever go to a farm via LFG and IF you do: make sure people stay in your party else you’ll have 5+ people see above for likely consequences, IMHO guild groups and random occurances tend to function best

well….. That’s about it… Now everything is out and in the open. Oh and I doubt spiderfarmers are the causes of fails in a map… The fact people do not know/ underdstand the meta events is…. We had SW introduced in 3 or 4 blocks…. taking 2 months, this time we got 4 silverwastes maps in 1 go…. If it would take the same time this would stabilize and give good instances withing 1 or 2 months….

23 lvl 80’s, 9 times map, 4ele, 4ncr, 3war, 3grd, 3rgr, 2thf, 2msm, 1eng, 1 rev.
Been There, Done That & Will do it again…except maybe world completion.

(edited by PaxTheGreatOne.9472)

spider farm

Posted by: Monk Tank.5897

Monk Tank.5897

You are going to have way more fun if you blow by the spiders and go take part in the events. You are missing some epic gameplay on the other side.

spider farm

Posted by: CorrynnStarr.7942

CorrynnStarr.7942

OP is salty over not being able to get his t4 box… no one farms that place over 4-6 people as things die to quick to make having a bunch of people zerg it. As for LFG exploding over it, that too is just leftover saltiness for not having a t4 run go as planned. in open world lfg tool, you see a metric crap ton of meta adverts. Spider runs make up maybe 2-3 of those posts depending on how long groups last… and if you are in a good group, it will be an hour or 3 before your group typically falls apart.

spider farm

Posted by: Majic.4801

Majic.4801

Spider nerf incoming…

“Not the same, real and true. True you feel inside.
Always follow what is true.” — Sentry-skritt Bordekka

spider farm

PaxTheGreatOne.9472

well the farm is next to an event, the event offers a welcome change of targets tbh…

Also my description made note WHY people cannot farm spiders with 5+ people… well they actually could but it would be dumb…. most maps have afk-ers and other people running to story or exploring, not focussing on the event, doubt 5 spiderfarmers would make everything impossible… Same was shown for silverwastes, dry top and other event maps… I’ve been doing adventures for a while now… I suck at minigames so it costs me a lot of time. Ineffect I’m not doing meta cause I’ playing a different part of the game..

23 lvl 80’s, 9 times map, 4ele, 4ncr, 3war, 3grd, 3rgr, 2thf, 2msm, 1eng, 1 rev.

spider farm

Posted by: RustyMech.9876

RustyMech.9876

That sounds extremely boring, but go ahead and drive those venom prices down even more. Personally I capped by doing nothing but adventures, events, and map completion.

spider farm

Posted by: Tapioca.9062

Tapioca.9062

Oh, so that’s why some guy snapped at me to “follow the train” after I killed a bunch of mobs I ran into.

spider farm

PaxTheGreatOne.9472

I haven’t seen any sour ppl or have seen any negativity regarding the spiderfarm… 3-4 people will catch up to other players and you might lose 1 cycle… if you’re farming 2 -3 hours it’s a nice time to visit the toilet or sell stuff….

spider farm

Posted by: Terra.8571

Terra.8571

GAINS

• 1 Cycle should kill up to 30 spiders , for 1.5-5k XP a piece giving ~ 45-150k XP (~2.5-3min) a cycle

Base exp with no boosts and 7% exp from account yields 754 exp per veteran spider for me. So it’s roughly 704 exp per spider with 0 boosts. I’m not sure how you are getting 1.5k per spider with no boosts. Max per spider I ever got (with full boosts – 377%) was 3400 ish. You can get more per spider if it has bonus exp for not being killed, but this won;t be happening on a farm.

• fireworks 5% (BLTP)

Fireworks are 10% exp bonus.

Don’t get me wrong, this is a decent way to farm HoT exp though (provided there are not too many people) but it’s a lot worse exp/hr than CoF even with full boosts. 1.5million exp/hr with full boosts is much more realistic than 3mil+.

I finished my masteries a week ago and would say this isn’t a bad thing to do to break up solo mob killing for exp, but if you find some routes (and you will need quite a few) off the beaten track, you can yield more exp than spider trains, roughly 2.5m+/hr with full boosts, but it requires more effort. The plus side is you get much better loot and you get much better skill wise against lots of different mobs (Hint: esp Chak).

spider farm

PaxTheGreatOne.9472

I’ve checked there is fireworks with a 10% most have only 5% though…

Second I might have false values of base . but I do know I get 4.3K XP whe boosted.
And I do not run candy corn food, an inscription or the 10% fireworks, so I lose about 30% (I am at 345%) somewhere??? where max should be (correted) 375%….

spider farm

Posted by: Terra.8571

Terra.8571

I’ve checked there is fireworks with a 10% most have only 5% though…

Second I might have false values of base . but I do know I get 4.3K XP whe boosted.
And I do not run candy corn food, an inscription or the 10% fireworks, so I lose about 30% (I am at 345%) somewhere??? where max should be (correted) 375%….

The fireworks people use give this bonus:

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Ram's_Reward

All of which are 10%.

Like I said, I’m not saying you are lying, but you may have 25,000 achieve points or something = 30% exp boost.

If you look at how exp is calculated for mobs, you get 0.25% of the foe’s level. At level 80 this should be 0.25% of 254,000 but as these are HoT mobs I think they boosted that base to around 280,000. This means all vet should yield around 700 base exp. Then boosters yield the rest. The one thing about the 50% exp booster (from all types) is that it gives you bonus exp of a set amount (regardless of mob living time) which may push you to the 4k amount you state – I didn’t test this but did notice bonus exp on mobs I recently killed which could not be accounted for by living time as they had just spawned.

Bottom line though, is the exp/ hr is good (and probably the most sustainable for long periods i.e. 2 hrs +) but there are other ways to get more if you put effort into killing mobs off the beaten track. To each his own I guess.

spider farm

PaxTheGreatOne.9472

I’m at 20.5K AP

I rechecked… It say indeed 10%, but some fireworks last 5 minutes others 10 minutes….

Farming seems to be detrimental to my brain functions… Guess Now I should try to think again and learn some new things…

I’m only at 100 mastery atm, I’m not interested in farming till 161, nor do I plan to do so. I wanted ley line gliding unlocked, and I unlocked it. I’m now working on nuhoch stealth detecton, in normal play. I have full gliding most done normally, except advanced and ley line, and I will go on normally, mostly because I could farm 10M XP now, but I still need the actual mastery points to continue when I’m done doin the one ’m working on now…. Problem is: those need a lot of points, I still need 56… My priority are with 56 points not the 10 M XP….. (give or take a couple M )

We are the Borg Farmers! Resistance is futile! Your technological and biological distinctiveness will be added to our own, prepare to be assimilated! You will help the Kollective!

One of Many, Drone

Thank you for the corrections… Chak mate