stat changes and ascended item conversion

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Stormrunner.8509

Stormrunner.8509

I have to start with this is a total BS fix! First You remove stats from trait lines and supposedly added them into armor but I have significantly less in nearly all my stat bonuses now fully ascended. I had made my gear choices because of this fact. What this means is that in order for me to find some semblance of balance I need to convert some of my ascended gear because of a significant change anet made to the game over 2 yers after launch! Its nice of them to provide a system for this but in the process costs a significant amount of resourses and gold to do so! On top of that it destroys All infusions,and upgrades! So basically i am now starting over to get enough relics to reinfuse my items not counting the gold it will cost me to get new sigils and runes! Why are we bein punished for your friggin changes! Why not give ascended items a 1 time stat change? Im sure there is a better way than this to help those of us affected by these unnecessary changes!

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

That’s why Ascended gear was/is a terrible mistake.

Stormrunner.8509

Ascended was considered “end game” gear the best you can get before these changes now anyone that has put the time and effort into ascended gear are getting the shaft… this isnt an argument as to wether or not it was worth it… however for those of us that made this expensive choice to craft ascended gear around our builds are left shafted because of anets massive changes which is why I say its complete BS! They can fix it in a better way it just seems they dont want to.

Posted by: Shadelang.3012

Shadelang.3012

I think they wanted a system to encourage players to try more than one build as time passes. Fractal relics are relatively easy to farm so infusion’s aren’t a massive grind to get.

Runes may be. However only certain runes are terribly expensive. And even they aren’t the end of the world to get.

The price of that vs the limit of only being able to change the stats one would be…. well.

If people as you suggested could only change the stats once they would be hesitant to try completely new builds. I recently swapped my soldier/cav gear on my guardian to ascended dire/sinister. And slotted him out in an aoe burn build I am loving every second of in wvw so far.

However If I could only change them once. its unlikely I would have chosen a radically different build. This way if my current build gets hit by a nerf bat I can always switch back to my previous gear type. With a relatively small cost.

There current system supports the players that like to take radical shifts in there playstyle.

What you suggest would discourage that pretty heavily.

Ghost Yak

Posted by: Nirim.6789

Nirim.6789

I think they wanted a system to encourage players to try more than one build as time passes. Fractal relics are relatively easy to farm so infusion’s aren’t a massive grind to get.
You do need a ton of them however(1x+10 is like 500 +1’s…)
Runes may be. However only certain runes are terribly expensive. And even they aren’t the end of the world to get.
Runes are way cheaper than infusions…Even if you take strength/hoelbrak
The price of that vs the limit of only being able to change the stats one would be…. well.
Combination of both would have been nice :o
If people as you suggested could only change the stats once they would be hesitant to try completely new builds.
Why not? An exotic set is cheap enough to try something out

Stormrunner.8509

Several gold for each piece I wouldnt consider cheap… what im suggesting is once for free for those of us that know what the problem is and wants to change it without destroying what we have already invest3d in the process… then use the bandaid fix they have now if we want to change is again.

Posted by: Jaher Dal.9503

Jaher Dal.9503

What do you mean you are loosing everything?
It says in the patch notes, NOTE: All upgrades are lost as part of this conversion.
So what you needed to have done before stat changing, was convert some gold to gems, or buy some gems, and get yourself an Upgrade Extractor.
I changed the stats on my greatsword, and was able to save all my upgrades thanks to extracting.

Posted by: simplesimon.2084

simplesimon.2084

What do you mean you are loosing everything?
It says in the patch notes, NOTE: All upgrades are lost as part of this conversion.
So what you needed to have done before stat changing, was convert some gold to gems, or buy some gems, and get yourself an Upgrade Extractor.
I changed the stats on my greatsword, and was able to save all my upgrades thanks to extracting.

Except the extractor is more expensive then the most expensive rune.

Posted by: Miku.6297

Miku.6297

Except the extractor is more expensive then the most expensive rune.

There are a few exceptions where the extractor has a use, but for the most part, you are right. A-net really needs to lower the extractor price.

(poly refractors, queen bee, giver sigil, are the 3 that come to mind for extracting.)

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

There are a few exceptions where the extractor has a use, but for the most part, you are right. A-net really needs to lower the extractor price.

(poly refractors, queen bee, giver sigil, are the 3 that come to mind for extracting.)

Infusions.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

Posted by: Miku.6297

Miku.6297

Can you actually remove infusions with the extractor? I’ve never purchased one to try it.

Posted by: Jaher Dal.9503

Jaher Dal.9503

Yes, it takes off everything you put on.

simplesimon.2084

Can you actually remove infusions with the extractor? I’ve never purchased one to try it.

You can but agony infusion can’t be put on weapons or armor.

Posted by: canis lupus albus.7891

canis lupus albus.7891

The simple agony resistance from fractals for 75 relics CAN be put on weapons and armor. So I am not sure which infusion you mean. This is of course ASCENDED armor/weapons

simplesimon.2084

The simple agony resistance from fractals for 75 relics CAN be put on weapons and armor. So I am not sure which infusion you mean. This is of course ASCENDED armor/weapons

The expensive ones that are actually worth using the extractor on.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Agony_Infusion