stop putting champions at skill points...

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Duke Nukem.6783

Duke Nukem.6783

i can think of nothing more fustrating than having 1 skillpoint left for map completion and NOT BEING ABLE TO DO IT because you put a champion at the skillpoint instead of a veteran

this is not fun, this is not clever, this is not “challengeing” its sit and wait for other players to show up

anet stop finding ways to remind us that your game is underpopulated

all champions at skillpoints should be removed and replaced with veterans

and dont say “oooh just play with friends” theres a million reasons someone might not want to do that

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

if you don’t mind using consumable, you can easily do it with “ash legion spy kit”

Posted by: Kumu Honua.2751

Kumu Honua.2751

I don’t recall ever having any trouble with any skill points.

Perhaps the one by the lyssa shrine gave me a bit of trouble back then when I was undergeared…

Sylvari Guardian. – Dragonbrand.

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

I don’t recall ever having any trouble with any skill points.

Perhaps the one by the lyssa shrine gave me a bit of trouble back then when I was undergeared…

There is one skill point in Cursed Shores, North of Arah and East of Melandru along Noose Road, that’s guarded by a champion along with some others. That one was the hardest for me. But that’s more of an issue of Orr being designed and balanced around there being groups of players playing in Orr. Since they nerfed the rewards there too much, Orr hasn’t had the groups it once had and the content hasn’t really been rebalanced to reflect that. That and I was on a squishy Elementalist.

Posted by: storiessave.3807

storiessave.3807

You can use stealth to get to the skill point and take it, if you have access to stealth either through class skills or the spy kits.

Also, if you’re an ele, summoning the elite earth elemental is plenty good enough to facetank a champ while you’re communing. That thing can soak up a crazy amount of damage.

I do agree that it’s a bit absurd that there are so many champs camping skill points though. It really wouldn’t be a problem at all if people actually played in Orr…those champs would actually be getting killed once in a while. As it is, even on populated servers they just sit there for hours or days.

Tarnished Coast

Catorii | Lustre Delacroix | Catorii Desmarais | Synalie

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

I now remember those. Distract, grab, rez.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

Also, if you’re an ele, summoning the elite earth elemental is plenty good enough to facetank a champ while you’re communing. That thing can soak up a crazy amount of damage.

I do agree that it’s a bit absurd that there are so many champs camping skill points though. It really wouldn’t be a problem at all if people actually played in Orr…those champs would actually be getting killed once in a while. As it is, even on populated servers they just sit there for hours or days.

I’d call up both earth Elementals, and any summoned by items you may have. Even if they can only take one hit, that’s still a bit more time for you to do what you need to do.

And yeah, it’s a bad situation. The game didn’t work like they expected it to, they need to adjust it.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

Posted by: Rynn.1324

Rynn.1324

The answer is to travel with a friend.

[Tarnished Coast] Lizzibeth Huffles, Asuran Genius (Engineer) at Play

Posted by: Coldtart.4785

Coldtart.4785

Hey look an Orr QQ thread.

You’re supposed to sneak past that champ, no spy kits or teammates needed.

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

Well… they are called skill points.

I don’t remember having any trouble with any of the skill points in Orr, and I always make sure to do them solo. For the ones I remember, the champions guarding them are the result of half done events. If you really want to, you can guest to other servers to see if you can find one that doesn’t have the event active. Even when a champion is guarding them, you can usually kite them away and stun/snare or block/invulnerable to grab the skill point. As an elementalist, the elite earth elemental should be able to tank any champion long enough or a combo of the focus invulnerability + arcane shield.

Posted by: Zaoda.1653

Zaoda.1653

Support.

I remember that annoying flying knight Champion (can’t remember the name of it) in the Cursed Shore I think – or maybe it was Malchors Leap? Anyway… it was the place where 5 veteran undead chickens or something were to the left of the area, and I literally had to hop worlds in hopes of the champion being defeated there. Unfortunately none of the worlds had defeated the champ and I managed to kill off the veteran besides it, and after many, many attempts, I finally managed to block enough attacks in time to obtain the skill point (the type of skill point where you capture it). But it was not fun, and I can completely relate to the frustration you’re facing.

Those champs should be changed to veterans. Champs belong in places like EOTM, not at a skill point that belongs to completing the world map solo.

Forever a supporter of more male skimpy armor

(edited by Zaoda.1653)

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Alas, the need to play together with other players for a common goal (such as taking down a champion mob) is a bad sideeffect of playing an MMO.

Posted by: Zaoda.1653

Zaoda.1653

Alas, the need to play together with other players for a common goal (such as taking down a champion mob) is a bad sideeffect of playing an MMO.

Not everyone wants to play in groups though, and even when you attempt to gather a group in Orr for a single skill point surrounded by a veteran and a champ, the place is literally a desert. Either way you’re at a loss in those situations.

Forever a supporter of more male skimpy armor

Posted by: Menzzo Berranzan.8379

Menzzo Berranzan.8379

it’s an mmo, it can’t possibly be a side effect to have to play together, and even if it were, it would be a good one.

Posted by: Menzzo Berranzan.8379

Menzzo Berranzan.8379

Try using the open world tab in the lfg window, i’m betting that if you used that to state your predicament it wouldn’t be long before you captured that skill point.

Posted by: Trice.4598

Trice.4598

Asking in map chat for help always worked for me, and I’m in a very low pop server (fergusson’s crossing) some other people in the map may have skipped it or know how annoying it was and will offer help in 99% o the case.

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Not everyone wants to play in groups though, and even when you attempt to gather a group in Orr for a single skill point surrounded by a veteran and a champ, the place is literally a desert. Either way you’re at a loss in those situations.

You’re never “at a loss”.

- You can guest another server if you happen to be on a lowpop one and no one respond on map chat.

- You can request aid in the guild or even better – multiple guilds. Anet has made it so that people can join several.

You cant do either? Well then you have problems with group content. I fail to see the issue. Obvious problem is obvious. I dont think Anet has ever said you’re supposed to solo everything.

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

Kill the champ. They’re all soloable.

Posted by: XxTAFxX.6741

XxTAFxX.6741

I agree.the game is becoming less fun nowadays.

Posted by: CntrlAltDefeat.1465

CntrlAltDefeat.1465

Shake, wiggle and rock and roll it. I thought the same thing, but soon figured all of them can be captured with good positioning and timing. You don’t need to aggro the champ to get it. Take a break from it and approach it again later and you’ll probably see a position now that may not have been obvious before.

Posted by: Taygus.4571

Taygus.4571

I just ask on map "champ at skill point near …. WP " help please.

If no one answers there, i go to LA, and ask if someone would tag a champ with me in “x” map.
(This is of course before my guild, who’s always ready to tag along. )

It doesn’t require you to be friends with the person you’re tagging with, just ask on map and get someone to join you, there are many players willing.

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

heh, until you get the same thing as GW1, you ask for help but expect to pay….

Posted by: Desbreko.7906

Desbreko.7906

There are zero skill challenges in the game that can’t be soloed and also none that require you to kill a champion or use consumables. Learn to use smart positioning and your profession’s skills.

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

Stealth is available to everyone.

Harpy feathers http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Harpy_Feathers_ will give you 3 seconds of stealth, allowing you drop agro and run to the skill point, then a spy kit while communing.