strong desire for new Heavy armor melee class

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

I have strong desire for new Heavy armor melee class.

Something about the Plate Armor classes really interest me in the way they look.

I just have not been able to get into the leather armor models. they look too dull to me. Same issue for the Light armor.

the Plate armor seem to be the only good looking armor set for me.

I have both the Warrior and Guardian max leveled.

I also like Melee combat, and playing with large two handers. But I also like 1hander melee. Some classes use melee weapons, but not as melee weapons. strange? I know.

Like Mesmer greatsword for example. its a ranged weapon not melee.

I am really looking for the new Soldier class. I so hope its at least 2/3rd melee weapons, and some magic ranged options to go with it.

Anybody else feeling this way as well?

Posted by: slurpey.6014

slurpey.6014

Did I miss the patch or release notes again about new classes?

There are more important changes to be made than armor skins and if Anet would focus on releasing more armor skins, then I would highly recommend paying some attention to the medium armor classes. Light and Heavy is fine as it is.

Posted by: Adine.2184

Adine.2184

This thread ha been made 100 times over so yes lots of people agree with you

Knighthonor.4061

sorry. just been walking around the city visioning a new heavy armor class.

@Slurpey
I told you, I cant get into Leather armor.

I am trying to level my Engineer to 40, but the armor are really turning me off. But maybe thats because he is Charr. I dont know.

Posted by: Penguin.5197

Penguin.5197

Medium isn’t purely leather armor though. Its sometime also mixed with metallic pieces and in some cases it can become fully metallic

Posted by: korelg.7862

korelg.7862

but what could it be? I mean, you already have the physical fighter (warrior) and the magical fighter (guardian), any idea for this 3rd heavy class?

Posted by: Lighter.5631

Lighter.5631

but what could it be? I mean, you already have the physical fighter (warrior) and the magical fighter (guardian), any idea for this 3rd heavy class?

speed fighter? that would be great.

“i think it’s an underserved nerf. now we have to slot a stun breaker??”
“berserker stance clears all CC on you and you’re still immune to CC for 8 seconds”
-Excalibur.9748

Posted by: mrauls.6519

mrauls.6519

sounds like a thief

Mes (Guardian)
I make PvP & WvW videos

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

Well what are the other types like light armor is mesmerism ele and necro how do we brake them down? For medium armor is Ranger eng and thf how dose that brake down?

Some suggest its kind of a Evil Good Neutral.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

Posted by: Verdelet Arconia.6987

Verdelet Arconia.6987

This is the new heavy amour class, Iron Man Mark:GW2!
Hover instead of running, shoot lasers from palms! You guys should know the rest

I hope i got the metallic red and yellow right. Can’t seem to find other amour and colours that best look like iron man.Would appreciate it if someone else find a more similar amour/colours,thanks!

Attachments:

Posted by: Lighter.5631

Lighter.5631

sounds like a thief

yea, but with warrior like weapon skills, can use greatsword, hammer, etc. no stealth. also 10k base hp

“i think it’s an underserved nerf. now we have to slot a stun breaker??”
“berserker stance clears all CC on you and you’re still immune to CC for 8 seconds”
-Excalibur.9748

Posted by: Pyrasia.9281

Pyrasia.9281

How about a Mageknight ?

Posted by: korelg.7862

korelg.7862

well I’ve seen, in other games, these 3 kind of classes:

-Heavy with shield, much like the Guardian
-Heavy with masive 2h weapon a kind of bursty damage dealer, much like the Warrior weilding 2h weps
-Heavy dual wielding, sustained dps, lots of dodging, kind of a mix of warrior and thief but without the stealth mechanics

that 3rd option would be most likely the 3rd heavy, a class that relies on dodge with solid sustained dps

or completely going against the usual heavy theme and make it a heavy caster, closer to ele and mesmer

Posted by: Shockwave.1230

Shockwave.1230

Dervish please, or make it Medium armor idc

Sylvari Elementalist – Mystree Duskbloom (Lv 80)
Norn Guardian – Aurora Lustyr (Lv 80)
Mia A Shadows Glow – Human Thief (Lv 80)

Posted by: Judge Banks.9018

Judge Banks.9018

How about a Mageknight ?

I’ve always loved the idea of having a fire based tanky character. Feeding off burning foes to sustain him/herself.

Posted by: Rhyse.8179

Rhyse.8179

Sorcerer!

(stolen from TES series)

Part Necromancer, Part Warrior. Uses spells and minions to weaken and grind down the enemy, while using a Hammer for control and finishing blows. Think of it as an offensive-support class.

“I care nothing for a festering industry that wantonly refuses to
provide a service that I’m willing to purchase.” – Fortuna.7259

Posted by: mrauls.6519

mrauls.6519

sounds like a thief

yea, but with warrior like weapon skills, can use greatsword, hammer, etc. no stealth. also 10k base hp

It doesn’t sound speedy to use a greatsword/hammer though :p

Mes (Guardian)
I make PvP & WvW videos

Knighthonor.4061

well I’ve seen, in other games, these 3 kind of classes:

-Heavy with shield, much like the Guardian
-Heavy with masive 2h weapon a kind of bursty damage dealer, much like the Warrior weilding 2h weps
-Heavy dual wielding, sustained dps, lots of dodging, kind of a mix of warrior and thief but without the stealth mechanics

that 3rd option would be most likely the 3rd heavy, a class that relies on dodge with solid sustained dps

or completely going against the usual heavy theme and make it a heavy caster, closer to ele and mesmer

Warriors have Dual Wielding melee.

From my Experience in RPGs and MMOs of the fantasy genre there are the following heavy armor classes:

*Paladins – Holy Warrior
*Warlord – Knight/Berzerker/Fighter
*Death Knight – Unholy Warrior
*Cleric – Heavy Priest and Melee tanking
*Spell Breaker – Mage+ Warrior designed to be anti magic tank

all Heavy armor classes I have seen so far fit into one of these categories

(edited by Knighthonor.4061)

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

The problem is the guardian and warrior cover pretty much everything that would fit in the game

Warriors: Berserker, Barbarian, Swordsman, axeman, any type of artillery archer, brawler (physical skills), Warlord (Shouts and banners)
Guarian: Knight, Mageknight, Paladin, Cleric, Sage, Stonewaller, and basically any type of armored caster

• Dervish would be cool but nonsensical as a heavy
  • Monk would have the same problem
  • As would a Bard or Skald
  • Anti-paladin/death knight is just terrible in every game in which it exists. What is cool about something defined by cliched and purposeless opposition? Nothin’

Knighthonor.4061

The problem is the guardian and warrior cover pretty much everything that would fit in the game

Warriors: Berserker, Barbarian, Swordsman, axeman, any type of artillery archer, brawler (physical skills), Warlord (Shouts and banners)
Guarian: Knight, Mageknight, Paladin, Cleric, Sage, Stonewaller, and basically any type of armored caster

• Dervish would be cool but nonsensical as a heavy
  • Monk would have the same problem
  • As would a Bard or Skald
  • Anti-paladin/death knight is just terrible in every game in which it exists. What is cool about something defined by cliched and purposeless opposition? Nothin’

Shadow Knight isnt just Anti Paladin. thats how they are in lore because they are Unholy, where Paladins are Holy.
hence the term Anti Paladin.

Posted by: justkoh.4073

justkoh.4073

I’d support this just simply to get another class!

Prefer light armor for skimpy outfits but any new class is welcome.

Posted by: Alerno.1425

Alerno.1425

Shadowknight

Warrior with shadowstep and necro pets abilities. Of course you would need to tone down on the weapons skills to not make too powerful.

Posted by: Ghostwolf.9863

Ghostwolf.9863

I think Warrior and Guardian fits most roles, besides Death Knight/Unholy Knight,
which I’m not really sure fits in the game.

Battlemage would be cool however, Scepter, Focus, Shield, Mace, Sword, Axe, fist 1h weapons (if they were implemented). Mainly focusing around fire and lightning, enchantments and melee. Teleports, fiery charges, projectile reflection, burn enemies who critically hit you, blind and daze people with lightning from the focus, shoot fireballs with the scepter, make the ground burn with the mace, long melee range with the axe (similar to necro axe but more melee oriented), swift attacks with sword to gain the most out of enchantments.

Thief, Engineer, Mesmer – Seafarer’s Rest (EU)

Posted by: Truthbearer.9708

Truthbearer.9708

I thought the Dark/Shadow/Death/Unholy/Black Knight was already implemented.
I see plenty of them everyday along with their Twilights.

Attachments:

Posted by: Alerno.1425

Alerno.1425

I thought the Dark/Shadow/Death/Unholy/Black Knight was already implemented.
I see plenty of them everyday along with their Twilights.

They are just Dark knight fanboys, not the real thingies

Posted by: Sophs.1705

Sophs.1705

Dual pistol heavy armour class would suit me just fine dont care about how it plays just how it looks

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

Armor is kinda bad in this game untill now, i’m pretty sure the engine can handle most things but making a design for all races seems like a nightmare to me.

Posted by: Monoman.2068

Monoman.2068

Well the fact that there is only two heavy classes, I used my heavy classes on a norn and human, and finally the fact that char looks horrible in anything but heavy armor (in which they still look horrible) means I approve of this.

Laviere – Hybrid Wellomancer
Makonne – Hybrid Regen Ranger

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

Shadow Knight isnt just Anti Paladin. thats how they are in lore because they are Unholy, where Paladins are Holy.
hence the term Anti Paladin.

A shadow knight/anti-paladin is defined only as the opposite of something else, and therefore entirely dependent on what it opposes for its identity. People stopped playing the death knight in anything but PvP in WoW ages ago, because you feel like an appendage, little better than a sidekick. You have no reason to exist except in opposition of something that existed first, therefore you are an appendage to that which predates you. In GW2s case a shadow knight would be an appendage to the guardian.

That isn’t to say that a dark knight class couldn’t be made that wouldn’t have that problem, but I’ve never seen one, especially not in a video game.

(edited by Conncept.7638)