(sugestion) bought dlc can equpe new weapon

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: sairing.5832

sairing.5832

(sugestion)everyone who bought dlc can use new weapon,but no need equip new triats,because if everybody must use that weapon must equip new trats,make everybody same or Similar build.

Posted by: Miku.6297

Miku.6297

Old issue, but I actually do agree. It would add some diversity to be able to use the spec weapons without having the spec traits.

Posted by: DeanBB.4268

DeanBB.4268

I’m don’t understand the suggestion.

Are you saying, allow a Gem Store purchase to use weapons a profession normally cannot (example: rifle for ranger)? But then they are locked into skills and traits?

Posted by: Miku.6297

Miku.6297

I’m 90% sure hes suggesting that specialization specific weapons not require the traits being chosen to equip them. Example: Mesmer + shield (without chronomancer specialization tree set)

Posted by: PopeUrban.2578

PopeUrban.2578

I don’t think it’s going to fly, specifically because the weapons are tied in to the selection of the elite spec traits for balance reasons, the same reason you can only choose one elite spec (once there’s more than one to choose from)

The design of elite specs was done so that they didn’t have a moving balance target, and every elite spec only had to be balanced to work with the core class, and without having an ever growing selection of skills.

Allowing people to equipe, say, a greatsword on a necro without taking reaper doesn’t seem like a big deal now, but when the second reaper spec is released, then you have to make sure reaper builds are still balanced with the spec 2 weapon, spec 2 is balanced with the reaper weapon, etc.

Then a third elite comes out, now you have to balance all three specs around three weapons, etc. etc.

This became a problem in GW2 because every expansion new skills and classes were released, and the ability to combine them freely eventually made it a nightmare to properly balance everything.

The whole point of elite specs is that they’re easy to balance, and thus easy to design so we can get a lot more of them faster, as well as having spec weapons tied to specific spec trait mechanics if needed. Doing what you suggest basically undoes the whole design of elite specs and creates the same problem GW1 skill balancing had.

Guild Master – The Papacy [POPE] (Gate of Madness)/Road Scholar for the Durmand Priory
Writer/Director – Quaggan Quest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky2TGPmMPeQ

Posted by: Duke Darkwood.4237

Duke Darkwood.4237

Yeah, not seeing the need to do this. The Greatsword is NOT a Necromancer’s weapon. It is a Reaper’s weapon. Its skills and their effects dovetail with the more direct-offense role the Reaper has compared to core Necromancer builds.

This statement can be reworded with any class, its matching elite spec, and said spec’s unique weapon. Or at least most of them; I’ll admit I cannot see the quintessential-ness in a couple of cases, myself.

And the above statements about balance also hold true. Once, Arenanet added a new profession to one of their games, and its role basically overlapped one of the original professions the game had. Four years of balance wars ensued, as each attempt to fix it simply shifted popular opinion from one class to the other and back. Four years, until they finally said “you know what, maybe we should redesign this class to have its own identity, and not compete with that core class for a single role”.

Posted by: Charrbeque.8729

Charrbeque.8729

Weapons tied to elite specializations are tied to the Heart of Thorns expansion. If you could equip the new weapons without having to equip the elite specialization, it would bypass the HoT requirement for players who didn’t purchase the expansion.

There’s something charming about rangers.