(sugg) Add Blade Shard to Wallet Please!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Tiger Ashante.1792

Tiger Ashante.1792

I’m having to store my blade shards in my bank i get from home instance.

Is there going to be any use for them other than making the back piece or merchant being re-added to the game? I don’t know what to do with them, do i destroy them? I already got my back piece and don’t intend to make another, so please give an idea what’s going on with them.

Thanks.

Edit: i’ve amended the title and turned into a suggestion to add blade shards to
wallet. Hope it’s not too late.
Plz devs if at all possible, make this happen.
Thanks again.

Edit2: Corrected title for typing errors

(edited by Tiger Ashante.1792)

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

delete them.
best case scenario, you’ll get 1 green item for every 100 blade shards. if 1 green = 2s, then that’s 5s value per stack. meaning you’re wasting that bank space for a possible 5s in the future. if bank space is worth that much to you, then keep saving. but I recommend deleting.

Tiger Ashante.1792

delete them.
best case scenario, you’ll get 1 green item for every 100 blade shards. if 1 green = 2s, then that’s 5s value per stack. meaning you’re wasting that bank space for a possible 5s in the future. if bank space is worth that much to you, then keep saving. but I recommend deleting.

Yeah, i figured as much. It’s so frustrating, i have a friend who’s trying to make blades back piece and is so desperate for blade shards, but i can’t give them to him. Wish they’d make them tradeable or at least be able to gift them to somebody.

Posted by: Muusic.2967

Muusic.2967

The home watchwork node and Aetherblades in EotM drop them pretty regularly and imho there’s not a lot of back pieces you can make with ascended leather so it’s worth the bank slots to just hang on to them over time.

Be who you are and say what you feel for those who mind dont matter and those who matter dont mind
~Dr. Seuss

Tiger Ashante.1792

The home watchwork node and Aetherblades in EotM drop them pretty regularly and imho there’s not a lot of back pieces you can make with ascended leather so it’s worth the bank slots to just hang on to them over time.

In that case, it would be nice then if they added them to the Wallet? since you can’t trade them it makes sense to put them in there, just in case people decide to make another back pce?

Edit: typing errors.

(edited by Tiger Ashante.1792)

Tiger Ashante.1792

In fact i’m going to change this into a suggestion!

Posted by: Hyper Cutter.9376

Hyper Cutter.9376

Blade shards aren’t currency. They’d go in the collection with the rest of the crafting materials, if anything.

Tiger Ashante.1792

Blade shards aren’t currency. They’d go in the collection with the rest of the crafting materials, if anything.

I would be more than happy with that.

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

it’s easy to get 1 blade shard. then there’s a recipe to turn 1 into like 50 using watchwork sprockets.
personally, I have 1 partial stack. it’s on the character that I do my daily home instance mining on. it’s just easier to delete a full stack after a year than 1 blade shard every day.

Posted by: BrooksP.4318

BrooksP.4318

Yeah wish they would add back in the vendor, or at least allow blade shards to be broken back down into sprockets so at least they are tradeable. After completing the Tempered Back myself recently, I see no point in keeping them atm.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

The issue is that blade shards take up a lot of room. They have only one purpose at the moment, which is forging the various back packs. In theory, that makes them a crafting material (or if you prefer, a forging material) and should perhaps be added to the account vault material storage.

They cannot be used as currency, so I do not think they should go into the currency wallet.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

The issue is that blade shards take up a lot of room. They have only one purpose at the moment, which is forging the various back packs. In theory, that makes them a crafting material (or if you prefer, a forging material) and should perhaps be added to the account vault material storage.

They cannot be used as currency, so I do not think they should go into the currency wallet.

The crafting stations can use items that are in your bank or mat storage but the forge cant.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

Posted by: Azurem.9468

Azurem.9468

The crafting stations can use items that are in your bank or mat storage but the forge cant.

And? Mystic Coins are the iconic Mystic Forge material, can only be used in the forge as far as I know, and they have a material slot. Mists Essence from Fractals, only used in the Forge, can be deposited into crafting material storage. There’s no reason other Forge-only materials like Blade Shards shouldn’t go in there too.

And I’d really like to be able to just deposit Foxfire Clusters so I could make Piquant Plant Food out of them on my chef character instead of having to manually walk to the bank and put them in (and needing a free slot).

(edited by Azurem.9468)

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

While true, that misses the point I was hoping to make:

• they are only used in recipes
  • they aren’t used as a currency
  • they take up lots of room

So of the two places to hide blade shards — the wallet or the crafting materials bin — the latter makes more sense to me. I guess ultimately I don’t care, so long as I don’t have to make room for four stacks while I’m gathering enough to finish an ascended back piece.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: ProtoGunner.4953

ProtoGunner.4953

What is a ‘valet’? Can you it that?

‘would have/would’ve been’ —> correct
‘would of been’ —> wrong

Posted by: Lethalvriend.1723

Lethalvriend.1723

I think it would actually make more sense to allow them to be deposited in your collections because they are basically just crafting materials. There are a few others that haven’t been added yet either and I think it’s long overdue. These new materials should just be added to the collection tab at the time of introduction, same with wallet currencies.

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

I keep enough to finish off my Spinal Blades (which I will get around to one day) and then just delete any others I get. If I ever find myself needing more I can get them just as easily as I do now.

I do agree that they should go into the materials tab though, since they are a crafting material. It was fine when they were first added and supposed to be a limited time thing, but now they’re kind of irritating.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”