(sugg) Festivals Year Round

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Tiger Ashante.1792

Tiger Ashante.1792

Why not create some fun festivals that are not reliant only on public holidays that happen in real life? These could be something like Bash the Dragon, GW2 Anniversary, Summerfest, Autmnfest, a Pirate themed one, Commemorate the Zephyrites one, or whatever u can imagine. Something that can be rotated year round between those specific holiday ones like Wintersday or Halloween.

You could add some tokens u can earn at each one and get some cool skins but not necessarily in one go. You may have to repeat several of the same type festivals to get enough to get that really rare skins or item but at the same time, there should be those easier ones to get that can be earned in one showing of the festival, like some minis or not so rare skins etc. perhaps even guild decorations, gliders etc.

You could have a festival merchant year round that has a list of these items to choose from and perhaps once a year add some new skins to the rotations? Any time you know there will be a break between content, you could add one of these festivals that run for several weeks to keep the ppl busy and entertained and give them a change of pace and some relief from farming etc.

I really believe we need something like this in the game. As it stands, periods between festivals in gw2 are too long and mere 2 real festivals, Halloween and Wintersday that only come once per year! Most of the games i played had tons of festivals that they rotated year round and there was hardly 2-3 weeks when something wasn’t going on. It makes the game look alive and it keeps the players logging in and feeling like they always have something fun to do and enjoy.

Please add your own if u can think of any.

Cheers!

Posted by: kurfu.5623

kurfu.5623

WoW did a pretty good job with having a regular rotation of recurring events… would be nice to see something similar in GW2.

Posted by: Tiger Ashante.1792

Tiger Ashante.1792

WoW did a pretty good job with having a regular rotation of recurring events… would be nice to see something similar in GW2.

Any additional festivals would be nice, all we can do is hope at this point.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

I agree. They need more festivals. Festivals break up the routine and bring people back to the game.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Redenaz.8631

Redenaz.8631

Don’t forget that we have Lunar New Year. It’s not a big festival, like Wintersday or Halloween, but as long as we’re talking about small festivals, it doesn’t do to forget the one we have.

Personally, I’d love to see Dragon Bash return. It’s been a few years since the last one, and we did bash another dragon…

~The Storyteller – Elementalist – Jade Quarry~

Posted by: Embered.5089

Embered.5089

Festivals all-year round would be a great excuse to log into GW2 xD

Posted by: DeanBB.4268

DeanBB.4268

I agree, even if week-long/minor, we need more.