[suggestion] Coffee in Cooking

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: shimmershine.3156

shimmershine.3156

I was chatting with my guild while looking at cooking ingredients and i commented that it would be nice if we could make coffee with them ( vanilla bean coffee ). So can we get coffee beans to use to make various coffee types with cooking?

Examples:

Mocha- chocolate bars, coffee bean, sugar, Whipped cream(hasn’t been added yet)

Caramel- coffee bean, caramel, Whipped cream, sugar

If this were to be added, then all of us coffee addicts would be able to continue our coffee addiction in-game as well.

Posted by: Neyjour.3921

Neyjour.3921

I was chatting with my guild while looking at cooking ingredients and i commented that it would be nice if we could make coffee with them ( vanilla bean coffee ). So can we get coffee beans to use to make various coffee types with cooking?

Examples:

Mocha- chocolate bars, coffee bean, sugar, Whipped cream(hasn’t been added yet)

Caramel- coffee bean, caramel, Whipped cream, sugar

If this were to be added, then all of us coffee addicts would be able to continue our coffee addiction in-game as well.

I’m all for anything that adds to the Chef profession, and as a coffee lover, I definitely support this suggestion!

It’s obvious that a lot of love went into Chef (the amount of recipes is a bit mind-boggling!) but I wonder why no drinks were included? (Chocolate-Omnomberry flavoured coffee, anyone? :P )

There’s also a strange (and sad) lack of fish/seafood recipes, and the ability to actually go fishing (rod and reel, not underwater “spearfishing”) for cooking mats, and just for the fun/relaxation of it. It really hurts my heart that there’s no fishing in this game. But that’s a topic for another thread… :P

Anyway, +1 to your suggestion! I would love to see coffee/coffee-bean recipes added.

Posted by: Asyntyche.4827

Asyntyche.4827

This is a fun idea. Stats:

+Precision
+Concentration

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

This is a fun idea. Stats:

+Precision
+Concentration

+hyper speed, especially to jumping!

I am on my third Flat White of the day. I approve of my character being equally caffeine addicted.

Posted by: Garambola.2461

Garambola.2461

Tea too, please!
Do we have anything that is not alcoholic right now?

Posted by: PyrateSilly.4710

PyrateSilly.4710

There’s also a strange (and sad) lack of fish/seafood recipes, and the ability to actually go fishing (rod and reel, not underwater “spearfishing”) for cooking mats, and just for the fun/relaxation of it. It really hurts my heart that there’s no fishing in this game. But that’s a topic for another thread… :P

I remember reading a dev post about that. They said at one point they were/are thinking of adding fishing but had not yet and when the fishing is added they said they have some of the recipes for cooking with fish all ready to go. Not sure where that post is now or if it was on a twitch stream but if I remember right it was Colin that said it.

Posted by: Evga.2471

Evga.2471

I didn’t know we couldn’t make coffee in the game… I just picked up cooking on my main character. Let’s hope they add more recipes to the game.

(edited by Evga.2471)

Posted by: Neyjour.3921

Neyjour.3921

I remember reading a dev post about that. They said at one point they were/are thinking of adding fishing but had not yet and when the fishing is added they said they have some of the recipes for cooking with fish all ready to go. Not sure where that post is now or if it was on a twitch stream but if I remember right it was Colin that said it.

Thanks so much for letting me know! I was completely unaware of that. (I’ll have to see if I can hunt it down, or please drop a link if you happen to find it!) That really gives me hope that fishing (and fishing-related cooking) might actually make it into the game one day.

Posted by: Reckoner.2536

Reckoner.2536

Don’t forget the lovers of iced coffees