[suggestion] More human female body types

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Lunarhound.7324

Lunarhound.7324

With the expansion on its way, people are starting to request things like new hairstyles and faces again, so I’d like to chime in for new body types (I really wish search were working, so I could confirm whether or not a similar request has been posted recently).

While new body types in general would be great, I feel like the human female models in particular could use some variety. My girlfriend was moderately frustrated, when she created her first character, that she couldn’t make a human that was closer to her own body type and had to go with a Norn.

Obviously, it isn’t going to be possible to represent every possible body type. I do, however, think that both human males and norn of both genders have a slightly wider range of possibilities when it comes to physique. Human females, on the other hand, are all some variation on slender. It’d be nice to see at least one or two who are heavier or more muscular, similar to some of the norn female builds. I don’t necessarily see this as being an issue with the Sylvari, since they aren’t human, and it could be written off as having a more alien physiology. I imagine some will differ on that point, though.

And before anyone says anything about body sliders, yes, I’d like them too, but adding that would be a lot more work and therefore less likely to happen, so I’m limiting myself to simply hoping for new human female body types for the time being.

Posted by: Cakemeister.5792

Cakemeister.5792

Sorry, all human females must be beautiful and slim with huge perky breasts.

Posted by: Drow.2081

Drow.2081

I like big …. and I cannot lie, you other brothers can’t deny ….
I’m down with some large lovely ladies. Even white boy gotta shout.

I also post on guildwars2guru.

Posted by: Lindelle.3718

Lindelle.3718

Sorry, all human females must be beautiful and slim with huge perky breasts.

The best ones are the human/norn elders with the breasts of a 20 year old!

Lindelle Ulfsvitr – Norn Ranger
“Walk with the pack. In the eyes of Wolf, we are all brothers and sisters.”

Posted by: Guhracie.3419

Guhracie.3419

Actually, I recently created a character who is human (in RP) but had to be created as a Norn, as well. I imagined him having a similar body type to John Bradley (Samwell Tarly in the TV series Game of Thrones) and found nothing even remotely close in the human male options.

I’d love to see some fuller figures in both male and female human body types. (Sylvari, too, to a lesser extent.)

“Be angry about legendary weapons, sure, but what about the recent drought of content?”
-Mike O’Brien
Because we can’t be angry about both?

Posted by: Arkinos.7245

Arkinos.7245

Yeah that would be nice, it seems weird that the body styles with the largest assets have tiny hips. Meanwhile, the more curved body styles are almost all flat.

Kinda awkward that you have to make a Norn to get a female human character with some curves.

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

I would agree, the human female models lack an athletic version. Dev’s, as the meme say’s, “Strong is the new skinny”. Let’s get some additional body models please?

Oh, and the existing human female models all suffer from a lumbar lordosis. Fixing that would be appreciated too.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

Posted by: Viking.1950

Viking.1950

Body type 4 go, go, go!
Sorry, was channeling my SWTOR memories.
More body types would be good though. Mo choices is mo betta.
I want a plus size Asura. As round as he is tall, and with glasses.
I will call him Professor Omnomberry.

Posted by: Teratus.2859

Teratus.2859

I’d love to be able to make a fat guy toon lol
being a slightly overweight guy myself I would enjoy running around as a chunky human or Asura haha

Posted by: Jana.6831

Jana.6831

I’d like thicker legs for human males – they all look as if they’re constantly skipping leg day.

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

I would also like to see this, both for female and male bodies.

Posted by: Mustbeghosts.7043

Mustbeghosts.7043

Yeeeeeees. So much thigh gap, everywhere.

On a related note, while I appreciate a certain amount of realism in a game, being unable to wear certain armor on my big lady Norns because her rear/thighs stick out through them is a little too real. (And the solution to this is not to have the clothing model thin them down, I see this happen a lot. Quite a few chest pieces cause her to suddenly have a thinner waist.)

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

They need to fix the armor first imo.

I made normal weight female chars, Norn and Sylvari, at first. I ended up going back and giving them all the skinniest possible build because the way the armor looks on them is awful from the waist down. The outfits flair out so much, they looked like they gained 50 pounds in the hip area. I had to slim them down so they look merely sedentary.

Posted by: Mo Mo.1947

Mo Mo.1947

I’m all for body diversity in the game. Let’s have it, please, ANet!

Posted by: Lunarhound.7324

Lunarhound.7324

Well, I’m glad there are at least a handful of people who seem to like the idea. I’m a little unsure if it’s something that’ll ever happen, but here’s hoping.

Posted by: Tenpenny.6750

Tenpenny.6750

I’d like to go into a different direction and request skinny human models with smaller breasts. The only “flat” one (although not really) in the game has a buggy waist that causes absurd armor scaling.

So a new model with a smaller bossom would be nice. (or a fix of the old one)

Best thing would be a complete overhaul of charakter creation so that we can customize our character’s bodies to a greater extent. But that appears to be very unlikely.

Posted by: Mikhail.4961

Mikhail.4961

I’d like more body models for both genders (and races). Something interesting comes to mind: many human male repair vendors, and most particularly the ghost of Stefan Baruch (charr ps), have a different body model than what’s available in character creation: they got larger forearms, waist etc. They look more the bodybuilder bear than the gymrat we’ve got.

Any class is easy to play, but not as easy to master. So sod off, warrior-haters.

Posted by: Andred.1087

Andred.1087

Really? Just human females? 10 combinations of race and gender, but let’s update only one of them… sounds like a solid plan!

“You’ll PAY to know what you really think.” ~ J. R. “Bob” Dobbs

Posted by: Rognik.2579

Rognik.2579

I do appreciate that they are trying to make a distinction between norn and human more than just norns being big humans. I think that’s why the humans of both genders tend to be more slender and less bulky than the norn, and the norn males are far hairier in nearly every respect. I don’t want that distinction lost, even if most people miss it entirely.

That being said, I’m always down for more customisable options. There will always be some options that are left out (see a similarly titled thread a few pages back, now locked), but I think there’s a good range of options now as it is, and we might occasionally have to sacrifice to get either the race or the look we want when we can’t get both.

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

The biggest issue with additional body types is that for every new type there will be extra work for every new armor set.

If they do add them it will probably be like the new hairstyles. You’ll need to buy a full makeover kit.

Posted by: Milennin.4825

Milennin.4825

I’d like to go into a different direction and request skinny human models with smaller breasts. The only “flat” one (although not really) in the game has a buggy waist that causes absurd armor scaling.

Agreed, but do so for norn as well. I want to create a female norn without huge breasts.

Just who the hell do you think I am!?