[suggestion] Pay a fee (gold) to change stats

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Hitman.5829

Hitman.5829

I suggest an NPC at each city and in WvW where you can go and talk to him/her and for a small fee he can change stats on weapons and gear.

Currently I have 12 bank tabs full with gear and weapons with different stats. I have 8 characters and I have run out of space; I cannot put more gear in the bank.

This game should encourage diversity in builds, people should have the opportunity to change stats at any time without hindering the bank space.

Posted by: Nkuvu.2570

Nkuvu.2570

So to reiterate just to make sure I understand properly…

Say you have a sword with Carrion stats, and want to make it Berserker. You’d talk to the stat-changin’-NPC, pay a small fee, and poof! Berserker sword. I would guess the fee would be less expensive than buying a whole new sword.

Sounds good to me. Switching stats for other builds can be expensive, particularly in regards to swapping out an entire armor set and weapons and trinkets.

Posted by: GOSU.9574

GOSU.9574

We won’t mention the cost saved from upgrading all the alternate gear.

I don’t see this happening but I would be happy if any kind of option were available that would cut down on the ridiculousness of alternative gearing, runes/sigils you can’t retrieve, the ones you do retrieve requiring loss of gear, etc.

Hey dude you are walking into a wall.

smack..Wut?…smack…smack…

Posted by: Fernling.1729

Fernling.1729

Something like the mystic in Diablo 3 would be cool. Allow you to change a single stat line from an item.

Posted by: Elsdragon.5109

Elsdragon.5109

If this would be implemented (I too am sceptical), I would rather see the cost being greater than how much it would be to buy a new weapon (could use TP prices as an index).

Else people could just make a gear with a cheaper stat and pay to change it to something more expensive.

Posted by: HenleyLegoMan.4987

HenleyLegoMan.4987

Ok so gold sinks aside, this can work easily. Transmution charges. We can change armor with them so why not the ability to use them on weapons?

Will certainly please all the players I know who have ascended weapons that dropped from chests with stats they can’t use.

This is something we should petition for, a great idea Hitman!

There has never been a good war, or a bad peace.

Posted by: HenleyLegoMan.4987

HenleyLegoMan.4987

Obviously not as they currently work sorry! Their use would need to be updated :-)

There has never been a good war, or a bad peace.