[suggestion]Save how we dyed our armour?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: LyritEmbrium.2917

LyritEmbrium.2917

I know this might seem unnecessary, but what if we could save how we dyed our armour and keep it to one side so we can use that dye setting another time?

I love changing the colour of my character’s armour. Sometimes I feel like trying something new, but after a while I’d go back to how it used to look like.

What are your opinions on this?

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

That would be a lovely QoL change. Right now I’ve resorted to typing up my dye schemes on Outfits for each alt in Word to bring up on my second monitor so if I swap an Outfit I can reapply my preferred dye scheme as quickly as I can hunt down the dye colors in the palette.

An alpha-sort in the palette would help immensely there.

Posted by: Bolthar.7192

Bolthar.7192

Dye templates would be really nice. I’ve posted about this before, too. This and trait templates are great QoL features that could be added and also be fairly used to generate revenue for ArenaNet. Give each player 2 or 3 templates for both Dyes and Traits per character. If the player wants more templates, buy another template slot on the gem store.

Posted by: Regina Buenaobra

Regina Buenaobra

Content Marketing Lead

The idea of having a dye template is a common suggestion, and a great one. It’s been floated to the development team before, but I just raised it again as an idea to remind them about it.

Content Marketing Lead
Twitter: @ArenaNet, @GuildWars2
In-Game Name: Cm Regina Buenaobra

Posted by: felessan.9587

felessan.9587

Yay! It would be lovely to change clothes with the press of a button.

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

There are more pressing issues than aesthetics in my opinion. I would rather have them work on SAB world 3, new WvW maps or surprising new content.

Posted by: Deli.1302

Deli.1302

The idea of having a dye template is a common suggestion, and a great one. It’s been floated to the development team before, but I just raised it again as an idea to remind them about it.

While you’re at it, remind them about the build and equipment template we’ve all been asking for as well.

Posted by: TriggerSad.2597

TriggerSad.2597

While you’re at it, can you please remind them about the build and equipment template we’ve all been asking for as well. Thank you!

Fixed that for you.

IGN: Despada
Guild: I Can Outtweet A Centaur [TWIT]
Twitter: https://twitter.com/TriggerSad

Posted by: narwhalsbend.7059

narwhalsbend.7059

We need trait/skill templates first. Remember how we could save our builds in GW1? We need that. Desperately.

Posted by: Vanive.3804

Vanive.3804

We need trait/skill templates first. Remember how we could save our builds in GW1? We need that. Desperately.

Yep, but instead they will worry abort minis and town clothes for the 10% of players who care about that stuff :-/

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

Your current dyes get applied to newly equiped dyed armor, but there’s no way to make quick changes with presets.

It’ll be welcomed.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

Posted by: Majic.4801

Majic.4801

Thanks Regina.

(Sorry, I know this is basically a content-free post, but seriously, thanks.)

“Not the same, real and true. True you feel inside.
Always follow what is true.” — Sentry-skritt Bordekka

Posted by: cheshirefox.7026

cheshirefox.7026

having 3 trait arrangements saved would be nice
what has really saddened me since i created my character during early start of this game.. there is no save character customization.. sure, it remembers what your settings are as far as the system is concerned, but it’ll never remind you what your character looked like 3 make over kits ago.. :<
same with the dye system..
also, my character experiences some sort of dye system anomaly.. it says ‘dye remover’ but when dye is erased the armor becomes beige.. when the ‘pipette’ is used, no color in my inventory is highlighted.. it does not tell me the dye name, and it can not be saved as a favorite.. it’s bothersome, but i’m reluctant to change the color until i can hunt down what dye it really is  x_x

i can outswim a centaur!
when i’m done on an issue
i start talking in nerglish

Posted by: Eric.6109

Eric.6109

If this is implemented, there should also be a “reset” button added in the dye panel so you could go back to the original color scheme

a.net: I will not be buying gems with cash until you fix traits.

Posted by: Chrispy.5641

Chrispy.5641

While you’re at it, remind them about the build and equipment template we’ve all been asking for as well.

Fixed that for you.

There, Even more Fixed! Probably too Fixed! Perhaps under-fixed! Maybe the perfect level of Fixed!

Also, while we’re speaking of Templates and stuff, Trait templates would be cool to have too since those can change quite frequently no matter what equipment you are wearing, but I can understand the difficulty in implementing Equipment templates (except for PvP), and can understand if those never happen. What happens if you load a template, and all that gear is in the bank? Kind of makes it pointless, doesn’kitten