[suggestion] Trans charges from glory shards

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Mikuchan.7261

Mikuchan.7261

So it has been announced that 2 of 4 transmutation charges in the pvp reward tracks will be replaced by shards of glory, that will be used for legendary crafting.
However, not everyone wants to craft legendaries, because it requires a lot of work and possibly money.
So for those people, I suggest that you make shards of glory tradeable for transmutation charges, so that the pvp track change doesn’t mean a loss for them. Possibly, you could also buy other things for the currency.
I do think this is rather insignificant for myself, but it should be easily implemented and shouldn’t cause any negative effects if put in place, since it would just make it +/- 0.
Even though it wasn’t announced as far as I can see, I recognize that this may already have been planned and in that case, good. Otherwise I suggest that it will be planned. Scrap currency is no fun for anyone.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

You can, if you want, sell the glory shards and then use the funds for transmutation. It’s 3 steps (instead of just one), but it gets the job done and allows others to make use of the shards you might not want.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Ravion Hawk.4736

Ravion Hawk.4736

You can, if you want, sell the glory shards and then use the funds for transmutation. It’s 3 steps (instead of just one), but it gets the job done and allows others to make use of the shards you might not want.

That won’t work. They are going to be account bound.

Just like the Transmutation Charges.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Shard_of_Glory

Head of the Order of the Iron Ravens [OoIR]
Lady Alexis Hawk – Main – Necromancer
Ravion Hawk – Warrior

Posted by: Kalriostraz.6819

Kalriostraz.6819

Then the wiki is wrong. The blog post specifically called them out as being tradable.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/pvp-reward-tracks/

(edited by Kalriostraz.6819)

Mikuchan.7261

Then the wiki is wrong. The blog post specifically called them out as being tradable.

That is correct.
I missed out on that personally.
I think the issue persists somewhat though since shards of glory still will be worthless to the majority of the playerbase, as most people likely won’t have the time or money for crafting legendaries if I understand it correctly.
As such, it would be nice with a guaranteed sink for the item for those people that don’t want it and see more value in the transmutation charges they got before.
The market may get flooded with the items quickly if not enough people need them.
But I do see part of my point as moot with them being tradeable.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

There are going to be several new Legendaries plus crafting for all precursors. All of these need the shards. Possibly several hundred of them. Since some people will refuse to PvP and some people will want to buy to hurry it up, the shards are likely to be a good price. How much is impossible to say but they could well be a better value than T-charges.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Mikuchan.7261

There are going to be several new Legendaries plus crafting for all precursors. All of these need the shards. Possibly several hundred of them. Since some people will refuse to PvP and some people will want to buy to hurry it up, the shards are likely to be a good price. How much is impossible to say but they could well be a better value than T-charges.

They -could- be worth more… or they -might not-.
But connecting them would mean that they have a guaranteed lower value. Sort of like a gold standard of sorts.
It would also be “fair” since they take away those 2 slots from the pvp reward track.
So as long as they are worth more, then pvp reward trackers get more value.
But when they are worth less, then pvp reward trackers don’t lose out on the deal and get scrap currency.

Posted by: FrostyBou.5491

FrostyBou.5491

I’d have to agree, The only reason I pvp is for the dungeon collections(Not big on doing dungeons) and trans charges. They are too expensive to buy from the store in my opinion, so I pvp for them. I’d much rather the tomes of knowledge be reduced instead of the trans charges. I’ve got 15 80s and enough tomes to make 2 more if I ever buy slots. I’ve only got 45 trans charges, and am working on almost nothing but PvP right now so that I can get as many as I can before they get nerfed.