[suggestion] make conditions scale with power

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Dagins.5163

Dagins.5163

… instead of condition damage stat. Condition damage would be changed to something similar to ferocity – for example, conditions ticks faster for each point spent.

Why the suggestion?

Many weapon sets are dedicated either for full power of full condi damage. It is pretty much impossible to successfully play ‘power sets’ while having condi gear and vice-versa. For example, playing double sword warrior or pistol/dagger thief with power gear is too punishing. This creates too many restrictions in chosing weapons a player would like to use.

If conditions scaled with power, we could discover new gameplay strategies without even adding new available weapons for each classes. ,,New’’ old sigils would be available both for condi and power sets. This is especially profitable for PvP, which begs for fresh air for literarly ages.

What problems would it create?

Some builds that already stack power and have high condi damage from conditions would be too powerful (for example: guardians, engineers). That should be fixed by reverting dreadful intensity stacking, both for burning and poison, which should be done anyway.

There might be other problems with total damage output, but adjusting actual numbers is not the point of this topic.

Any feedback is welcome, especially for ,,problems’’ part, which I might not cover entirely.

Signed, level 1 alt

Posted by: joneirikb.7506

joneirikb.7506

Interesting idea, looking forward to see more discussion on this.

Like the idea of removing the power vs condi separation for several weapon sets.

Elrik Noj (Norn Guardian, Kaineng [SIN][Owls])
“Understanding is a three edged sword: your side, their side, and the truth.”
“The objective is to win. The goal is to have fun.”

Posted by: Kirschsahne.2081

Kirschsahne.2081

And may i ask why fire burns stronger or longer because your arms are very strong ??
Poison is working better because you can lift 200 pounds ?
?

There is absolutely no reason to change conditions right now or ever.

Posted by: clarkcd.6532

clarkcd.6532

And yet the fireball the elementalist conjures does more damage because your power is higher. Power doesn’t mean physical strength.

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

And may i ask why fire burns stronger or longer because your arms are very strong ??
?

Meh, 200 pounds is nothing for a warrior or even a thief over level 15. Just my headcanon. You reach a point where even Batman would be underpowered as far as pure physical ability goes (though he’d still have his detective, tactical, and top notch martial arts abilities to more than make up for it anyway.)

Posted by: Crimson Clouds.4853

Crimson Clouds.4853

?

That analogy is nonsensical in itself.

Are you telling me that magic-users are doing more damage because they’ve been hitting the gym recently?

And that when I change from a Rampager’s build to a Berserker’s one, I suddenly grow a bunch of muscles simply by changing clothes?

Point is, I don’t think any attributes have any logical real-world explanation.

I think that the OP’s suggestion would require a huge amount of rebalancing. I think it would be a fairer suggestion to ask for more stat combinations that offer Condition Damage as primary.

Posted by: Kirschsahne.2081

Kirschsahne.2081

?

Are you telling me that magic-users are doing more damage because they’ve been hitting the gym recently?

And that when I change from a Rampager’s build to a Berserker’s one, I suddenly grow a bunch of muscles simply by changing clothes?

I think that the OP’s suggestion would require a huge amount of rebalancing. I think it would be a fairer suggestion to ask for more stat combinations that offer Condition Damage as primary.

And i am saying leave everything like it is.
We don’t need any rebuilding at all. Period

Posted by: Godmoney.2048

Godmoney.2048

I’d argue you misunderstand GW2 in a fundamental way if you think weapons are strictly tied to Condi or power.

Mesmer scepter is very much a condi weapon but I can easily use it in a power set up just to have the block and clone generation.

GS on mesmer is a Power weapon yet works great in a condi PU set up.

Utility is all that matters on skills.

I would literally quit the game the day they messed with Condi or power.

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

?

You werent saying that at all in your first post you were just being silly.
This second post however you do, but in a odd way since you try to say you did it in the first post.

Posted by: Narrrz.7532

Narrrz.7532

wait wait wait
what if
we make power scale with conditions?

Posted by: Godmoney.2048

Godmoney.2048

wait wait wait
what if
we make power scale with conditions?

You’re a genius. /Kappa

What if we made healing scale with toughness and toughness scale with healing!

Posted by: Dagins.5163

Dagins.5163

Crimson Clouds.4853:

- It does require some work at rebalancing, but it could be rebalanced within a single patch for all classes at the same time, followed with minor changes in the future. Adding more stat combinations would slightly increase diversity, but at much lesser extent than my proposition, and wouldn’t solve the problem of pure power/condi weapon sets.

Kirschsahne.2081:

Okay… ?

Godmoney.2048:
I’d argue you misunderstand GW2 in a fundamental way if you think weapons are strictly tied to Condi or power.

Mesmer scepter is very much a condi weapon but I can easily use it in a power set up just to have the block and clone generation.

GS on mesmer is a Power weapon yet works great in a condi PU set up.

Utility is all that matters on skills.

I would literally quit the game the day they messed with Condi or power.

- Everybody who spent at least few months at level 80 and bought rare or exotic gear can confirm existence of pure power/condi weaponsets – anyway, it can be proven just by reading tooltips. If you use condi attacks without condi damage or power attacks without power – it doesn’t work at competitive level. You are free to do so, though.

Is suggest to simply invest into power to increase general damage output and then pick other stats to personalize it, like [crit chance/crit damage] or [condi tick rate/condi duration].

Then, with berserker gear and, let’s say, mesmer’s sceper, you would still deal less damage than with GS (because of no condi tick rate and condi duration), but the difference wouldn’t be so huge, and it would be viable at competitive level.

Signed, level 1 alt