suggestion to bring back

suggestion to bring back

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: who want blood.8765

who want blood.8765

I miss in guild wars 1 that every weekend had a cycle of special events such as ‘Double XP boost’ and ‘Luck bonuses’ .
I feel Gw2 needs to include something along these lines such as:
‘Double Slayer points’
‘20% Magic find bonus (or gold find, karma, xp)’
‘Additional chance to find ascended chests in world events’
‘double fractal relics’
‘20% Wxp and rank points’

something along these lines to encourage more than living story farming or champion farming in a zone, and can help bring more teams out and have more fun

let me know what you guys think.

suggestion to bring back

Posted by: Silvia.9130

Silvia.9130

I do like the idea to be honest, surely 1000 times better than seeing only a new, 0-inspiration-based new gem store useless item every week..

>>Lady Carlie Castle<
>>=<

suggestion to bring back

Posted by: Aline Castro.9820

Aline Castro.9820

If you could somehow connect WvW (it resets every week) and assign one of those bonuses (randomly) to the winning server it would encourage people to join there more. However, with megaservers I’m not sure this is feasible.

“Aww yeah!? Bart c’mere. You c’mere. Aww yeah!?”
Aline Josephly (Ranger) / Aline de Gonzalez (Warrior) / Leah Gonzalez (Mesmer)

suggestion to bring back

Posted by: Teon.5168

Teon.5168

This is already in game with consummables/trinkets/rewards that provide xp, magic find, karma, and such bonuses for limited amounts of times. They show up as drops, rewards, and are also buyable on the TP and in the gem store……can also be had in guilds with certain guild bonuses.

Forum discussions -
Mmo players with a screw loose vs mmo players with two screws loose. All very important stuff.
-Zenleto-

suggestion to bring back

Posted by: Zalani.9827

Zalani.9827

St.Patricks week and Pirate week would be interesting in Gw2.
http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Special_event

Jadis Narnia-Sylvari Ranger of [EDGE]
Dragonbrand

suggestion to bring back

Posted by: Elothar.4382

Elothar.4382

This is already in game with consummables/trinkets/rewards that provide xp, magic find, karma, and such bonuses for limited amounts of times. They show up as drops, rewards, and are also buyable on the TP and in the gem store……can also be had in guilds with certain guild bonuses.

Yup…but still there is something intriguing and even a bit exciting in having some special in-game benefit, perk, whatever…tied to a specific weekend or holiday. I don’t have a lot of pre-conceived notions about what that might be, but I think the OP’s ideas could provide a good starting point for discussions.

suggestion to bring back

Posted by: Chameleon Dude.1564

Chameleon Dude.1564

They were added to keep the game going when it started to die, they’d be a terrible sight to see here. Also, I don’t like being told I have to play X over the weekend otherwise I lose out.

suggestion to bring back

Posted by: who want blood.8765

who want blood.8765

i understand about the 1 hour boosters yeah, but i used to enjoy the gw1 bonuses over weekends, i found it more entertaining to do stuff, hell it even encouraged newer players to go to different areas back then. I just thought it would be a good suggestion to think about

suggestion to bring back

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I wish they would introduce Nick’s descendant and he/she would collect trophies, just like Nick did.

I think this would encourage some players to visit some of the emptier zones (at least 5 per week, possibly) to collect said trophies and turn them in for some nice (possible) rewards.