suppressed for being helpful commander

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Avelos.6798

Avelos.6798

I’m having to say a lot of stuff to people on map and say chat and suddenly I’m suppressed, and am suppressed continuously for 10 minutes afterwards and possibly longer? You’d think that Commanders would be able to say a lot more before they get suppressed but nooooope… So now all of those people I’m helping direct around are being left in the dark. I personally believe that this should be addressed.

Posted by: ShadowPuppet.3746

ShadowPuppet.3746

Form a squad or whatever it’s called, announce it in map then simply talk to the people in the squad. You can have up to 50 players in there so that should be ample amount of people to lead.

Posted by: CobaltSixty.1542

CobaltSixty.1542

I’m glad the commander tag isn’t a 100G license to spam.

Posted by: Amadan.9451

Amadan.9451

i think you can spam in map chat with no fear of suppression… but you can be suppressed in say chat…
i don’t know, i don’t talk that much, but i’m not a commander

Looking for a gay friendly guild?
Join the Rainbow Pride

Posted by: Im Mudbone.1437

Im Mudbone.1437

i think you can spam in map chat with no fear of suppression… but you can be suppressed in say chat…
i don’t know, i don’t talk that much, but i’m not a commander

Map chat also gets suppressed.

Blackgate Megaserver – [LaZy] Imperium of LaZy Nation
Mud Bone – Sylvari Ranger

Posted by: Amadan.9451

Amadan.9451

that is unfortunate.. because you can follow a commander and not being in a squad… how they can talk to everybody if they are suppressed?

Looking for a gay friendly guild?
Join the Rainbow Pride

Posted by: Wukunlin.8461

Wukunlin.8461

ha, that reminds me I got suppressed many times doing the gauntly for repeatedly saying “ty” to people who ressed me.

Oceanic [LOD]

Posted by: Xelios.9145

Xelios.9145

Jealousy is an ugly thing. His problem is legit.

Avelos.6798

Not saying that it should be, but having a bit more breathing room with how much I can say would be nice when it’s up

Avelos.6798

that is unfortunate.. because you can follow a commander and not being in a squad… how they can talk to everybody if they are suppressed?

Yeah and that’s an issue as well. Currently my character name has an accented e in it so people will obviously have a hard time spelling it right and all of the time I don’t bother with squad when I’m actually helping direct a lot more than 50 or so people around on the map.

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

I have lost count of how many time I have been suppressed for thanking people.

Avelos.6798

I have lost count of how many time I have been suppressed for thanking people.

I can’t say I’ve ever had that happen to me but I usually just do a ‘thanks for so and so if you do that and this’

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

“help! help! I’m being suppressed!”
(look it up, a take on Monty Python)

Posted by: Vaugh.7193

Vaugh.7193

First time I tried to command I got suppressed after 3 map chat messages, several min appart, just linking where to go next. Niether /m /t or /s would then work for an hour or so. Kind of a horrible first experience as a commander.

Guild leader of As Stars We Belong [STAR]
WvW Commander of Blacktide.
@RaugoolGW2 on Twitter

Avelos.6798

First time I tried to command I got suppressed after 3 map chat messages, several min appart, just linking where to go next. Niether /m /t or /s would then work for an hour or so. Kind of a horrible first experience as a commander.

Man, I’d turn off my game and not come back to it for a couple days if that had happened to me. Things like that just make me so mad :/ Sorry that you had to experience that too

Posted by: Vaugh.7193

Vaugh.7193

Man, I’d turn off my game and not come back to it for a couple days if that had happened to me. Things like that just make me so mad :/ Sorry that you had to experience that too

The game is to much fun to turn off, but I did turn off Commander for about 3-4 months. This monday I was finnaly ready to turn it back on again, after a few hundreds of hours of therapy.

Guild leader of As Stars We Belong [STAR]
WvW Commander of Blacktide.
@RaugoolGW2 on Twitter

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Thanking people 3 times in a row is enough to get suppressed for over 10 minutes. They need to improve the suppression filter.

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

Avelos.6798

The game is to much fun to turn off, but I did turn off Commander for about 3-4 months. This monday I was finnaly ready to turn it back on again, after a few hundreds of hours of therapy.

I agree that this game is too much fun to turn off… I’ve been playing it regularly since I bought it early May.

Avelos.6798

Thanking people 3 times in a row is enough to get suppressed for over 10 minutes. They need to improve the suppression filter.

Oh dear god that just sounds stupid…

Posted by: Daywolf.2630

Daywolf.2630

Yeah you gotta write it different every time. You cant just hit return and arrow. So how many ways can you think of to write “get off the stairs!” at Grenth?

Posted by: Himei.5379

Himei.5379

Yeah, it came up for me last night twice. I’m trying to get people and other commanders spread out for the invsion and BAM! I just got suppressed, so for the next 30 mins, I cant map/say chat…

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

And there’s nothing you can do about it.

What’s stopping me from griefing people in LA and spamming “ty” or “thank you” despite not even having anything to thank for? People would abuse any sort of phrase that gets listed as OK.

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

Posted by: Ashabhi.1365

Ashabhi.1365

My complaint is that I wish they would “say something” when you get supressed. The first time it happened to me, I thought my game client was wonky and logged out and back in something like 4 times before I realized my chat was being suppressed. A short message would have been nice.

But yes, I agree. In WvW, especially, Commanders should have a bit more time and leeway in being suppressed. Some people simply can’t “hear” them until they’ve said something 3 times…

Level 80 Elementalist

Posted by: Daywolf.2630

Daywolf.2630

My complaint is that I wish they would “say something” when you get supressed. The first time it happened to me, I thought my game client was wonky and logged out and back in something like 4 times before I realized my chat was being suppressed. A short message would have been nice.

it does
it does
it does

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

They didn’t have a decent way of dealing with people that spammed in GW1, and I think they might have over compensated a bit in GW2.

2 emails to the same person….then suppressed
3 quick messages in almost any chat…then suppressed

Just sort of makes me roll my eyes. Thankfully my husband and I are in the same room when we game, so I can just tell him which waypoint to pop to when it stops letting me link them in party chat.

Hopefully in time, Anet will find a happy medium between what we had in GW1 and what we have now in GW2. Its out there, they just need to take a deep breath and relax juuuuust a tad.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

They didn’t have a decent way of dealing with people that spammed in GW1, and I think they might have over compensated a bit in GW2.

Just sort of makes me roll my eyes. Thankfully my husband and I are in the same room when we game, so I can just tell him which waypoint to pop to when it stops letting me link them in party chat.

Hopefully in time, Anet will find a happy medium between what we had in GW1 and what we have now in GW2. Its out there, they just need to take a deep breath and relax juuuuust a tad.

afaik quick messages don’t suppress you.

sending three of the same message (ty x 3 or stop x 3) will

and it doesn’t have to be consecutive.

You could have 10 lines of chat and if the 1st, 5th and 9th are the same, you will get suppressed

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

afaik quick messages don’t suppress you.

sending three of the same message (ty x 3 or stop x 3) will

and it doesn’t have to be consecutive.

You could have 10 lines of chat and if the 1st, 5th and 9th are the same, you will get suppressed

I’m aware of all that, I guess I should have tossed ‘etc’ at the end.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Avelos.6798

It makes commanding a bit of a chore having to work around this

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

The chat suppression is annoying for sure. But the mail suppression is even more ridiculous. Such paranoia is not really necessary.