teaser locations?

teaser locations?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: DymondHed.9026

DymondHed.9026

Q:

there are 2 closed-off locations i’ve noticed. the first one should be pretty widely known of, and it’s the area for the bird people, west of Lion’s Arch. the other is a floating castle just off the southeast coast of Kessex Hills. my question is, “will these locations be available in future expansions?” though i imagine so, i’d like a definite answer please.

i have too many hours logged >_>

teaser locations?

Posted by: Fiennes.9568

Fiennes.9568

I suspect the “Tengu” home-state will become a new zone in an expansion, and I suspect the Wizard’s Castle in Garenhoff will become an instance. At least, I hope so.

teaser locations?

Posted by: LiveSpartan.8206

LiveSpartan.8206

Theres also Fort Vadal in the Brisban wildlands that has lvl 80 Champions on it guarding a zone portal and theres another portal across a broken bridge.

teaser locations?

DymondHed.9026

I suspect the “Tengu” home-state will become a new zone in an expansion, and I suspect the Wizard’s Castle in Garenhoff will become an instance. At least, I hope so.

Garenhoff? not the floating castle i’m talkin about. i think the village’s name has Fief or somethin in it

teaser locations?

DymondHed.9026

Theres also Fort Vadal in the Brisban wildlands that has lvl 80 Champions on it guarding a zone portal and theres another portal across a broken bridge.

are both portals in Brisban? i’m always down for discovering new things like this

teaser locations?

Posted by: Fiennes.9568

Fiennes.9568

DymondHed,

The area is called Wizard’s Fief. The town is called Garenhoff.

teaser locations?

Posted by: Syphenion.5064

Syphenion.5064

The gate to the Crystal Desert!

¸.•´¸.¤•*´¨) ¸.•*¨”˜`”°ºooº°””˜`”°ºooº°””˜`
(¸.•´ (¸.•Alloy~ Piken Square Roleplayer~

teaser locations?

DymondHed.9026

DymondHed,

ahh, then yes. does an NPC mention the town’s name?

Syphenion, i don’t know where you got that from, but no.

teaser locations?

Posted by: Syphenion.5064

Syphenion.5064

DymondHed,

ahh, then yes. does an NPC mention the town’s name?

Syphenion, i don’t know where you got that from, but no.

Ohh, whoops, misread the thread. Thought you were asking if there were any other teaser locations. I think the Tengu area will be added in a future expansion though.

¸.•´¸.¤•*´¨) ¸.•*¨”˜`”°ºooº°””˜`”°ºooº°””˜`
(¸.•´ (¸.•Alloy~ Piken Square Roleplayer~

teaser locations?

Posted by: Greenbuddhas.4508

Greenbuddhas.4508

any pictures of these locations?

teaser locations?

DymondHed.9026

i can do that

teaser locations?

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

i expect future expansions / DLCs to open up a lot more of the world map, and adding a huge chunk of the southern continents of Tyria (the world / planet of gw2)

i am eager to explore elona, cantha, etc again !!!

teaser locations?

Posted by: melkathi.5203

melkathi.5203

I have been trying to post an image for half an hour now but keep getting the 502 error… Stupid forum. Here goes:
Running towards the great wall sealing away the Dominion of Winds

Attachments:

teaser locations?

DymondHed.9026

here’s looking at the floating castle

Attachments:

teaser locations?

DymondHed.9026

also, for anyone who wants to know, this is the map of southeastern Kessex Hills. as you can see, there are 2 options for which Waypoint to use. if you go with the one i used, there are ogres most of the way ‘til the water, and in the section of water you land in, there’s a Veteran Sea Scorpion (i think that’s the right name), so be either quick or strong.

Attachments:

teaser locations?

DymondHed.9026

this is the Veteran

Attachments:

teaser locations?

Posted by: Finaldeath.1059

Finaldeath.1059

The places you mention might be part of the free content updates they have talked about.

teaser locations?

DymondHed.9026

The places you mention might be part of the free content updates they have talked about.

haven’t heard about that! post a link?

teaser locations?

Posted by: prenavo.3926

prenavo.3926

Look at the place in Lions Arch with all of the non functioning Asura Gates and talk to some of the NPC’s in that area. That to me gives a clue as to how much content they plan for. There are tons of those gates in there.

teaser locations?

Posted by: synk.6907

synk.6907

Yup. the city is definitely capable of handling gates to another expansion or two’s cities. And the Orders [Priory, Vigil, Whispers] seem to have gates at their HQs that aren’t usable yet. My current guess is for linking headquarters in different continents.

also, for anyone who wants to know, this is the map of southeastern Kessex Hills. as you can see, there are 2 options for which Waypoint to use. if you go with the one i used, there are ogres most of the way ’til the water, and in the section of water you land in, there’s a Veteran Sea Scorpion (i think that’s the right name), so be either quick or strong.

I’ve wanted to go out into that floating castle ever since the first time I walked out there in GW 1 [probably one of the times when I was killing Verata] and took a few screenshots.

It was nice to head out there in this game and see it there again, taunting me with its inaccessibility.

teaser locations?

DymondHed.9026

Look at the place in Lions Arch with all of the non functioning Asura Gates and talk to some of the NPC’s in that area. That to me gives a clue as to how much content they plan for. There are tons of those gates in there.

wait, which part of Lion’s Arch has so many non-functioning Asura gates?

teaser locations?

Posted by: synk.6907

synk.6907

Check the south-eastern area of the northern [i.e. north of the water] portion of the city. There’s a PoI right in the center, and several NPC asura are working/chatting there. You can talk to the head guy [forget if he’s got a title in front of his name] in charge of the project, and he’ll mention future gate plans (but won’t get into details with you).