tequatl and 3 headed wurm...

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Sunspear General.7964

Sunspear General.7964

So Tequatl the Sunless and 3 headed wurm…both great bosses. But extremely hard to kill. Tried countless times and have yet to succeed yet Jormag and even Zhaitan who are both at a higher level are easier to kill and require a lot less people and effort.

Is there a chance for these 2 bosses to be debuffed to where they are actually able to be killed again like all the other bosses?

Posted by: ITheNormalPerson.9275

ITheNormalPerson.9275

I think tequatl and giant wurm were added to appease the people from other mmos who wanted large-group raids and stuff. I’d rather not detract from their enjoyment, rather, i’d like special drops (like http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Tequatl%27s_Hoard ) from every world boss (e.g. frozen looking ascended weapons/armors from jormag)

maybe i’m weird for thinking this, but as a semi-casual semi-hardcore gamer, I don’t expect to be able to do absolutely everything in the game :P

Druid main, 80 on all, Legendary ranked, Eternal and all that jazz (I go by Feyris in game)

Posted by: DiazKincade.2891

DiazKincade.2891

So Tequatl the Sunless and 3 headed wurm…both great bosses. But extremely hard to kill. Tried countless times and have yet to succeed yet Jormag and even Zhaitan who are both at a higher level are easier to kill and require a lot less people and effort.

Is there a chance for these 2 bosses to be debuffed to where they are actually able to be killed again like all the other bosses?

Highly unlikely. Tequatl was BUFFED to be what he is now and they had planned on making all the world bosses more difficult like that. They wanted these bosses to be more than just loot pinatas. As it is I don’t know if they are going to do more tweaks to the other bosses but as for Tequatl and THW (Which came after the teq changes) they are pretty much done. A few minor tweaks maybe but nothing major.

lvl80{Insert Class Here} Current main: Meana Mischeif-Mesmer

Posted by: Ykfox.3825

Ykfox.3825

If you want to get kills, my advice is to join TTS or a similar guild/group. TTS usually manages to get kills every day.

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

Tequatl is killed several times day. It’s kind of obnoxious that so many people demand it to be nerfed into even more AFKable than it already is. This is already a really casual-friendly game as it is, it’s not fair for you to request it to be nerfed because you haven’t bothered to seek an organized group to fight it yet. Please don’t contribute to the many other QQ threads that refuse to allow GW2 to have content that demands more user input than pressing 1 button.

Posted by: jokke.6239

jokke.6239

Go to sparkly fen an hour before to make sure to get kill on a good organized server with 5 commanders. If you don’t get into on, try use the LFG tool. Under “open world” try and see if you can find a party for organized teq, and join their server (you have to click join on player tab untill you get lucky to get a free spot thou :P)

Posted by: Amnariel.3659

Amnariel.3659

Buff them I don’t care we will overcome but Buff the drop rates too then…and not after a 30min of fight and 1 hour of wait time I see only Blue and Green…

Posted by: Nick.6972

Nick.6972

Buff them and the loot and make them instanced, otherwise I’m not playing with randoms.

Posted by: Algreg.3629

Algreg.3629

More like Sunspear private… :P

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

Ohai! This thread again!

Short and sweet answer: No

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

Posted by: Ve Salu Sigtyr.4807

Ve Salu Sigtyr.4807

Two things, both Teq and Wurm are doable, they really aren’t impossible. And their loot is pretty okay, they have customish loot and the rewards shouldn’t be over the top for something you can do every day in theory.

Side point, and really more of an afterthought: Jormag, the Jormag you’re talking about, The one in FGS, thats not Jormag. Thats like Teq, he’s one of Jormags LT’s. Like Teq is one of Zhaitans and the Shatterer is a shard of Kralkatorik? I’m fairly certain thats who dropped him off. Anyway, none of the dragons are really “above” one another except zhaitan and he has the unfortunate weakness of being a main story boss. I don’t think that Teq/ Wurm should be nerfed, I think everything else should be buffed.

I also think ANET shouldn’t tell us they’re buffing them and just sneak it in there, so we can watch the WB Zerg get slapped around for a while trying to figure out why the Shatterer noticed the group of 1000 people shooting at his foot all of a sudden.

Posted by: Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Buff them and the loot and make them instanced, otherwise I’m not playing with randoms.

While I don’t think Teq or THW need a nerf, I don’t want to play content where my success or rewards depends on 149 of my closest friends, and many of them not even using the same language client that I’m using.

My posts are facts as I know them, or my own opinion, and do not represent any guild.

Posted by: winterchillz.2564

winterchillz.2564

I have never even been close to failing Tequatl, I still find it hard to realize why people are saying he’s strong. As I’ve posted on another thread a few weeks earlier – stop trying to get to him 5 minutes before it spawn. It won’t work.

Cloud of Sparrows
Fluffiest Blood Legion Charr
“At least I die knowing my sisters are free”

Posted by: Mityr.1320

Mityr.1320

Hahaha ‘’loot pinatas’’ , that made my day :-)

Posted by: KiteoHatto.7018

KiteoHatto.7018

Teq is pretty fun but super easy if megaserver is somewhat organized and hylek turret guys know what they are meant to do and when. 3HW is a lot harder IMO, especially for achievements, that whole area is just…bleh, annoying as hell pirate mobs that just get int the way when you are trying to do the barrel thing to the wurm. The only real loot pinata is behemoth, that guy is far too easy, even with the mechanic change it’s still easy to kill =\

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

I have never even been close to failing Tequatl, I still find it hard to realize why people are saying he’s strong. As I’ve posted on another thread a few weeks earlier – stop trying to get to him 5 minutes before it spawn. It won’t work.

Yes, but now you opened the door to the “I’m supposed to be able to play how I want and I want to show up at the last minute and still get the same rewards!” crowd. Boy I hate that crowd.

Show up to Teq 45min early, get on TS = easy Teq kill.

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

Posted by: Noxicon.4956

Noxicon.4956

I think tequatl and giant wurm were added to appease the people from other mmos who wanted large-group raids and stuff. I’d rather not detract from their enjoyment, rather, i’d like special drops (like http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Tequatl%27s_Hoard ) from every world boss (e.g. frozen looking ascended weapons/armors from jormag)

maybe i’m weird for thinking this, but as a semi-casual semi-hardcore gamer, I don’t expect to be able to do absolutely everything in the game :P

Bosses already have unique items which drop from them, Final Rest as an example from Shadow Behemoth. But there’s absolutely no way they’re going to add ascended gear drops from bosses like SB or The Shatterer as they currently stand. Those bosses are auto attack fests. They’re loot pinatas. The reason Wurm and Teq have those drops is they’re actually difficult and require thought. No other world boss does.

Posted by: Taygus.4571

Taygus.4571

but but,….
you can get ascended gear from the other bosses… just not specific to the boss. I got an tateo ascended box from jormag >.>

I like teq as it is, it is one of the only bosses I really enjoy, but then…I love the turrets ^^. (also, I think teqs loot is pretty decent for the time involved, ..in general, I have been really unlucky at times T_T… )

Posted by: dubak.3042

dubak.3042

7 days ago I decided that I shall try and get my sunbringer and wurm slayer titles, 2 days ago I obtained both.

Those bosses are hard, yes, but they are also one of the memoriable experiences that I have in this game, they are not made for zerg to be loot piniatas, but for a large group of people willing to organise and cooperate.

Should or shouldn’t such bosses be in instanced areas is different topic, but I object to proposition of nerfing these two endgame bosses in guild wars 2.

Dusan [insert class here]/Dubaak
SFR4LIFE
Bugs are evil, like cookies, but more evil.

Posted by: Nick.6972

Nick.6972

Hard? How are they hard?
Imagine if these bosses were actually instanced.
Decent groups would hardly ever fail.
What makes these events hard is taht you have to fight against people who are unwilling to listen, learn or are afk.

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

That’s the trouble with people asking for harder content. They have multiple types of players and in the beginning they were trying to cater to everyone so now we have a problem. Open world which was never meant to be a raid or a dungeon is made especially difficult with these two as well as less than rewarding in most of the events that take place.

We’ve pointed this out multiple times but certain parts of the community keep missing the point. Open World PVE = Casuals, Dungeons/Fractals = Dungeoneers/Raiders. That’s the way it have should remained.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

Sunspear General.7964

Yea I know they’re doable…but going there and failing on each attempt…or going there and finding no one is lame. I mostly want the achievements for these 2…and I work and go to school so it’s not like i can just sit in game and camp the 2 bosses all day trying to get the achievements.

Posted by: Spiuk.8421

Spiuk.8421

Plenty of guilds already kill them every day, some of them more than once.

The fights themselves are mind-numbingly easy already (especially since the "new" scaling that came on the megaflop patch), they should try to made more challenging and rewarding, not easier.

and I work and go to school so it’s not like i can just sit in game and camp the 2 bosses all day trying to get the achievements.

You must be so busy if you can’t spare 30 minutes to join a guild and kill them everyday...

Rubios – Tales of the Sunless [TXS]

(edited by Spiuk.8421)

Posted by: bri.2359

bri.2359

Not this again …

Yea I know they’re doable…but going there and failing on each attempt…or going there and finding no one is lame. I mostly want the achievements for these 2…and I work and go to school so it’s not like i can just sit in game and camp the 2 bosses all day trying to get the achievements.

I hate jumping puzzles, many are too hard and take too long only to fail close to the end. I work all day and just want to do easy, face-rolling game content. All I want are the achievements, so these puzzles should be nerfed, just for me …

See how stupid the statement I wrote seems??

No, Teq and THW events do not need to be nerfed.
And no, you do not need to camp these bosses ‘all day’ …

Have you even bothered to find out how these events work??
If you show-up 5min before spawn like you do for Maw or Shatterer, then you deserve to fail them every time.

I guess these achievements are just not for you …

Lvl 80’s: Ranger; Guardian; Mesmer; Necromancer; Thief
Gandara Megaserver

Posted by: ITheNormalPerson.9275

ITheNormalPerson.9275

Bosses already have unique items which drop from them, Final Rest as an example from Shadow Behemoth. But there’s absolutely no way they’re going to add ascended gear drops from bosses like SB or The Shatterer as they currently stand. Those bosses are auto attack fests. They’re loot pinatas. The reason Wurm and Teq have those drops is they’re actually difficult and require thought. No other world boss does.

when it comes to tequatl/wurm you don’t really “need” to put in any more effort than other world bosses, you just need to be there at the right time and mooch off others ;P

that being said, ascended drops are rare enough that I doubt anyone farms say, tequatl for the ascended gear because of the stats, but moreso because of the skins. if I knew other world bosses had special skins I wouldn’t have suggested that, I guess they’re just so rare i’ve never seen one drop before :P

Druid main, 80 on all, Legendary ranked, Eternal and all that jazz (I go by Feyris in game)

Sunspear General.7964

Love how some of these folks just assume I show up 5min after the event starts or don’t know how the missions work even though I probably have more achievement points than them. Actually did Teq last night and beat him..for the first time out of like 30 attempts…and most of those attempts had more people than Jormag. As for THW…that’s a whole nother story.

Guess some of the folks posting here don’t work, go to school, play other games, have friends/loved ones to spend time with and definitely don’t read full paragraphs. Anyways…I’m already in a guild and have no interest in joining another. Ain’t got time for that…plus. Shouldn’t have to switch or join multiple guilds just to get one world event done. Kind of contradicts the purpose of a world event in a sense. IF you have to do that you might as well call it a guild event.

Love how some of y’all overlooked the “getting there and finding no one part” and if you have a large enough group to kill Jormag and still fail 10+ times…then by definition that is hard. As for those who actually read what I was talking about and gave helpful advice…thanks, it was greatly appreciated

Anyways…if they really wanted to make some of the content hard then they should bring back Hard Mode from GW1…least that way casual gamers like myself can do all the missions and stuff on normal mode and those WoW players that transferred over who like to zerg can zerg to their hearts content.

Posted by: Taygus.4571

Taygus.4571

I do teq by jumping into map 30-40min early. I almost always get into an organised map, and often get a turret(its what I like).

I often jump in and then go grab some food or clean the house a bit. So I’m camping, but I’m not doing nothing.
You could study while you wait.

It is important to get to the event early, quite a bit early. for 2 reasons.
1. So that people can be organised into the various groups.
2. because you’ll get into a map with other like minded people who really want to beat teq.

teq isn’t hard.
and it doesn’t require a large guild.

It does require being in the map early.
__
btw
teq needs about 75 players. needs it. jormag..what 20-30? ..idk jormag is one of the most annoying bosses ever, I never do it anymore.