tequatl empty all the time

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: idevourwater.3149

idevourwater.3149

anyone noticed that tequatl is empty all the time now…

I want the easy tequatl back… he was a much nicer guy…

Posted by: tolunart.2095

tolunart.2095

From another thread:

“I play on Blackgate, and unless I want to show up nearly an hour early for Tequatl, I will get bumped to overflow.”

Posted by: Jaymee.1560

Jaymee.1560

LOL, unfortunately, I doubt that will ever happen again. I have even heard that it is within our gaming future that ANet is planning to revamp Claw and Shatter in the same what they did Tequatl.

The idea behind Teq as I understand it is… the Dragons are meant to be a fight that requires coordination and teamwork. It is the only way it will succeed. It’s not too unlike real life.

It is unfortunately that a huge majority of this game refuses to even consider teamwork. It become an issue when too many people are in it for their own agendas. They expect others to do things yet they won’t do those same things themselves.

Example:

Reason 1: Week that Teq had a make over and was re-introduced to Tyria, I was there. For 4 days, each day, multiple times, I tried and it always failed. Many who died were intent on just laying there dead expecting others to rez them. Even some said that they refuse to WP and run back cause they can’t afford WP costs.

My opinion was simple: Sparkly Fen is a lvl 65 area. If you are high enough level to be there but are too broke to do anything requiring money, like waypoint-porting… then you should not be there. You need to go back to the newbie zones and earn some money. It is my opinion that at lvl 65, there is no reason in the world why you shouldn’t have the money to Waypoint port.

Reason 2: You very well can not succeed in a fight such as Tequatl without putting personal opinion aside, quit the bickering and the whining and the finger pointing and – “Oh, you’re a newb and this is all your fault….” Result – The fight will fail.

Now I am not saying no one in this game can do Tequatl, there are many servers and guild who have, but is it a fight that takes time for forethought and planning before you go rushing on up in there. A lot of players unfortunately won’t take the time to do what needs to be done in a battle such as this and as long as there are too many players like that… Tequatl will continue to show up to a vacant party

This is just my opinion.

(P.S., What I stated was/is true for the Sea of Sorrows server… I do not imply my statement to any other server but my own.)

I use to be a Ritualist and a Paragon in my former life…

(edited by Jaymee.1560)

Posted by: Tsyras.5274

Tsyras.5274

From another thread:

“I play on Blackgate, and unless I want to show up nearly an hour early for Tequatl, I will get bumped to overflow.”

That was me, and that happens about twice per day. The rest of the kills are ghost towns (unlike pre-patch when he was downed almost every time).

Posted by: Dark Catalyst.1028

Dark Catalyst.1028

You know, I gave this revamped event more than enough chances. But I simply refuse to sit in Sparkfly Fen for an hour to an hour and a half in order to avoid being placed into overflow with 15 people.

And avoiding overflow is absolutely no guarantee of success.

Posted by: jojojoon.8607

jojojoon.8607

We’ve been killing tequatl almost every day on our server. Our server runs organized events for this. I participated in one of them yesterday and got some decent loot.

Note: I’m not from BG

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

I tried doing it with three people yesterday. It didn’t end well.

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?

Posted by: tolunart.2095

tolunart.2095

From another thread:

That was me, and that happens about twice per day. The rest of the kills are ghost towns (unlike pre-patch when he was downed almost every time).

I just thought it was ironic, two statements posted so close together: “Nobody does Teq any more,” and “I keep getting thrown into overflow when I go to Teq.”

Posted by: Tsyras.5274

Tsyras.5274

Something definitely needs to be done. I guested around during the last Teq (even to a fellow T1 server), and it was empty. So it seems like everyone guests to a few servers (such as BG) for the 2-3 prime time kills, and all other times are empty.

Posted by: Karizee.8076

Karizee.8076

Tequatl Terror Squad still killing Tequatl 3x a day every day. Up to 11 guilds now.

It’s easier to do with an organized guild group, try joining a guild that does this kill

Posted by: GuzziHero.2467

GuzziHero.2467

Think about this: TTS and several of the Teakettle Teams intentionally go to overflow so they can assemble cross server teams. Find one of the guys from TTS/TT2 or any of the other Teakettle Teams and ask to join. You can even pop into their TS and chat with them!

Posted by: ShiningSquirrel.3751

ShiningSquirrel.3751

The dedicated guilds for this have pretty much killed any chance of doing it unless you join them. It’s really not worth the time or effort to even bother. You can get much better loot much faster by just doing the other boss events.

GuzziHero.2467

The dedicated guilds for this have pretty much killed any chance of doing it unless you join them. It’s really not worth the time or effort to even bother. You can get much better loot much faster by just doing the other boss events.

Please do not blame the dedicated guilds. They are the only people doing it correctly. If you do not like or want the dedicated guilds, then form or join a guild that is large enough and does have the coordination to fight Tequatl correctly.

If you just want to run around effectively solo and ignore the mechanics whilst refusing to communicate with those doing the job right, you will fail each and every time. None of the dedicated guilds like TTS demand 100% repping. They are a response to the new difficulty and mechanics of Tequatl, it’s pretty much the only way that it can be done.

This is an MMO… you may actually come across other people every now and then and -gasp- you may even need to cooperate with them occasionally!

Posted by: Guardian.5142

Guardian.5142

Please do not blame the dedicated guilds. They are the only people doing it correctly. If you do not like or want the dedicated guilds, then form or join a guild that is large enough and does have the coordination to fight Tequatl correctly.

If you just want to run around effectively solo and ignore the mechanics whilst refusing to communicate with those doing the job right, you will fail each and every time. None of the dedicated guilds like TTS demand 100% repping. They are a response to the new difficulty and mechanics of Tequatl, it’s pretty much the only way that it can be done.

This is an MMO… you may actually come across other people every now and then and -gasp- you may even need to cooperate with them occasionally!

Agreed. I’d like very much to help out with said guild runs and will have to look these guys up on the web. I’m from Maguuma… We may or may not have a coordinated guild effort, but every prime time I try to show up at, noone’s there. Teq and I just sorta stare at each other awkward like until one of us breaks the silence with… “So….. how are things? Wife and kids are good? Nice day… not too warm…… yep……. So I was thi- awe crap” ::CRUNCH:: “…….good talk, then…… Cya next time!”

I like the world bosses and events that are simple enough to hotjoin and “pug” raid them, but a challenge like Teq has a place at the table too. I have only heard tell that the rewards seemed… lackluster, but… its nice to do a little serious raiding in this casual game…

What did ANET do when the sheer mass of the event ZERG was too much for the server to support?
They had to SPAWN MORE OVERFLOWS!

Posted by: CHIPS.6018

CHIPS.6018

The Super Teq should be made into a 70 player instance. If the players can gather 70 players to do it then they can all join that instance.

The regular Teq should return to the world map for the not-so-organized players to kill.

Chipsy Chips(Necromancer) & Char Ashnoble(Thief)
The Order of Dii[Dii]-SBI→Kaineng→TC→JQ
Necro Encyclopedia-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrAjJ1N6hxs

Posted by: Ceridwen.6703

Ceridwen.6703

The Super Teq should be made into a 70 player instance. If the players can gather 70 players to do it then they can all join that instance.

The regular Teq should return to the world map for the not-so-organized players to kill.

Somewhat agreed. I think this snafu is the result of putting raid content in the middle of something that isn’t raid content. Various players expecting everyone to be on the same page and then shouting about it when they’re not, even after a few months, is not what brings people together and will not make for a good community. It’s the equivalent of banging heads on brick walls, and no player should be held to account for what is a basic error in judgement on ANet’s behalf.

It might have been mindless, but prior to being re-imagined, people at least did it, had fun and were unlikely to be cast adrift into overflows. They should have stuck the new design in a raid instance, calling it the best of both, and everyone would (hopefully) be happy. I would call debate on the number required for the instance, however.

EDIT: I should say, I’ve managed to do this once, purely by luck and/or by accident. There was a good level-headed chap in charge, got us all sorted (even when he was convinced it was not to be), and pulled us all through. It was actually quite a simple task once he took effective control of the situation. For a proper raid instance , the encounter could even be souped-up a little more, and with suitable rewards.

“Ph’nglui mglw’nafh Steve R’lyeh wgah’nagl fhtagn.”

(edited by Ceridwen.6703)

ShiningSquirrel.3751

Sorry, but these guilds are the cause for the lack of players doing the event in the open world. If the only players doing the events are in these 11 guilds, and they all take the fights to the overflow servers, then there are that many less players to do the events on the regular servers. It’s simply a matter of math. And if you seriously think the “correct” way to do this fight is the way these guilds are doing it, then the entire event needs to be removed as it is a complete and utter failure. Any feature that is only available to a small hand full of the community is a waste of resources.

Posted by: Manuhell.2759

Manuhell.2759

Either you find full servers or ghost towns.
Not surprising, it needs far too many people to be able to succeed, and people won’t spend their time in an assured failure in deserted maps hoping for other people to come.
It was designed as a raid in a game where there are no raids.
As an open world event, it is a total failure.

Posted by: Elbegast.6970

Elbegast.6970

Are you talking about this guy?

Attachments:

Posted by: nexxe.7081

nexxe.7081

Champ trains in Queensdale made Tequatl irrelevant. Why coordinate for a long fight, when you can just follow a zerg for better loot?

Posted by: Nick.6972

Nick.6972

People would be sure as hell doing it more often if the drops were better.
1,2, 3G? No, make it 10G.

Why waste time sitting there for an hour when Champ Train gives you much more and is easier. GW2 reward system is seriously flawed, make it as fun as you want, if it’s not profitable people wont be doing it.

Posted by: Frostfang.5109

Frostfang.5109

Thete’s still overflows on Desolation if u’re not there in good time….

Kima & Co

Posted by: Paul.4081

Paul.4081

Champ trains in Queensdale made Tequatl irrelevant. Why coordinate for a long fight, when you can just follow a zerg for better loot?

Meta boss trains avoid Teq too. Anet made Teq irrelevant to all but the dedicated guilds. Play your way? No, play our way and we want every single player that want to do Dragons (if Claw and Shatner suffer the same fate) in the same guild. Sound like fun or herding? I’m not cattle.

(edited by Paul.4081)

Posted by: Frotee.2634

Frotee.2634

The thing about the revamped encounter is: Doing it ‘the right way’ is pretty mindless, too. Most of the time, it’s standing in exactly one spot, then moving around somewhat in the in-between events, but always in a very specific way – and kitten you if you miss your spot! That’s no challenge, that’s a railroad.
I have more actual reacting to do when fighting the Golem in Maelstrom Mountain…more fun, much shorter, much less people required, more loot (due to preevent and mobs running into you during the fight).

Polka will never die

Posted by: Naetell.3815

Naetell.3815

Still killing him at least twice a week with DV and TAC on Gandara.

The biggest problem is the overflow, though he certainly could use a loot update. Putting the boss fight in an instanced zone would help a lot.

GuzziHero.2467

Sorry, but these guilds are the cause for the lack of players doing the event in the open world. If the only players doing the events are in these 11 guilds, and they all take the fights to the overflow servers, then there are that many less players to do the events on the regular servers. It’s simply a matter of math. And if you seriously think the “correct” way to do this fight is the way these guilds are doing it, then the entire event needs to be removed as it is a complete and utter failure. Any feature that is only available to a small hand full of the community is a waste of resources.

The Teakettle guilds go to overflows because they know that in the open world they will a. all have to guest to one server and b. find the event filled with incredible amounts of stupid people who cant read wont read chat or communicate or coordinate in any way at all.

Don’t blame the revolution, blame the system.

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

Any feature that is only available to a small hand full of the community is a waste of resources.

Luckily this description does not apply here.

There is a rather large difference between, “only available to a small hand full of the community,” and, “available to anyone willing to put in the effort required to participate.”

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

TTS actually helps the servers we guest to. We don’t form Overflows to get away from the pugs. Our main groups stay to help the server, while other TTS members go to Overflows for additional kills (because we have over 5k members).

Tequatl is Elite content. Don’t expect to just show up to the event and expecting a bunch of people waiting for you. You need to organize raids, have good communications with the other people on the map, and that requires leaders. Pugs could technically kill Teq, but you need each and every person there to know exactly what to do, and when to do it.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

Posted by: DanteZero.9736

DanteZero.9736

Tequatl being left alone, from what I’ve noticed, is because it requires too much coordination for a zerg of random players. Also, the reward drop rates for ascended chests are still too low in my opinion. I ran teq. more than 10 times and got useless condition damage runes and condition damage trinkets at best.

It would have made more sense if each individual player was randomly assigned a specific part as an event E.G: Player A is assigned to attack teq, player B is assigned to man the cannons, player C is assigned to guard player B.

Also, TTS changed their time slots to either be too early or too late for me. So no teq. for me.

Posted by: Victory.2879

Victory.2879

People don’t seem to think that standing around for 1.5 hrs for a 15 minute event where every move is pretty much the same every time just isn’t fun, or what I’d consider a useful use of my valuable spare time.

When I work, I work hard. When I have leisure time, I want to be spending it doing something, not standing around doing nothing except gassing on ts – if I want to stand around chatting I’d much rather do it in the pub:-)

Teq is a large waste of space in the vast majority of servers and for the vast majority of spawns- I wonder what percentage of spawns are actually completed? 2%? 5?

Victory, Beings Lost On Borderlands (BLOB), SFR & Gandara (inactive)

Posted by: Dark Catalyst.1028

Dark Catalyst.1028

Why, if the revamped Teq dropped decent rewards then you wouldn’t be logging on everyday to grind out your ascended! Did you think you get to play how you want?

No, you get to play the way ANet wants you play. And you’ll like it!

ShiningSquirrel.3751

Any feature that is only available to a small hand full of the community is a waste of resources.

There is a rather large difference between, “only available to a small hand full of the community,” and, “available to anyone willing to put in the effort required to participate.”

You mean by joining some guild created to bypass the terrible mechanics of the event? So for the whole community to be able to do the event, you want there to be 500 of these fake guilds rolling around? No thank you!

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

RNG is RNG. There have been dozens of Teq kills that I would get only Blues and Greens. But I keep going, because there’s the small chance to get a Teq Ascended chest, or a mini Teq.

If Teq dropped something good each time, it would be more empty, as the fair weather players would stop doing runs after getting what they wanted. The hardcores would eventually stop as well, since their rare drops wouldn’t be rare anymore, if the items dropped so frequently.

RNG, like it or not, is where the balance is in games.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

ShiningSquirrel.3751

People don’t seem to think that standing around for 1.5 hrs for a 15 minute event where every move is pretty much the same every time just isn’t fun, or what I’d consider a useful use of my valuable spare time.

When I work, I work hard. When I have leisure time, I want to be spending it doing something, not standing around doing nothing except gassing on ts – if I want to stand around chatting I’d much rather do it in the pub:-)

Teq is a large waste of space in the vast majority of servers and for the vast majority of spawns- I wonder what percentage of spawns are actually completed? 2%? 5?

Exactly! I remember in GW1, you would have players standing around taking 2 hours to plan a dungeon run that took 30 minutes to do. If it takes that much planning and coordination, it’s simply a waste of my gaming time.

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

You mean by joining some guild created to bypass the terrible mechanics of the event? So for the whole community to be able to do the event, you want there to be 500 of these fake guilds rolling around? No thank you!

I am not sure that “fake guild” is an apt description. A group of people forming a guild in order to more effectively participate in a shared enjoyment of a certain type of content sounds fairly legitimate to me.

Then again you do not need to be a member of such a guild in order to play with them, nor to play with them in order to participate in the content. There is more effort involved for the organizational aspect of the encounter if you are not a member of such a guild, or playing with them even if not a member, but that is not an indication that the even is not available to you.

“For the whole community to be able to do the event,” they need to want to do the event and be willing to do the event (organization of large numbers of people is part of the event).

The event is “available” for anyone who wants to do it and is willing to do it. Someone who is not willing to fully participate in the event, including the organizational aspects, really has no valid complaint about it not being “available” to him.

Posted by: Manuhell.2759

Manuhell.2759

Tequatl is Elite content. Don’t expect to just show up to the event and expecting a bunch of people waiting for you. You need to organize raids, have good communications with the other people on the map, and that requires leaders. Pugs could technically kill Teq, but you need each and every person there to know exactly what to do, and when to do it.

But first and foremost, you need people to be there.
And it doesn’t happen spontaneously, because no one would go there expecting to find, let’s say 70 people, unless they’ve a reason to think so – like, being a server known for having such numbers of people. Thus having a majority of servers that don’t fail the event – they don’t even try to start with – and some servers that are known to do it constantly overflowed (because people who have no chance on their servers will try going there).

Also, we have no such “elite” content you speak of, and neither raids. We have open world events, where people can freely join without any requisites, no external program is required and no one can exclude or kick other people.
Having to use overflows to make it akin to a raid means only it was designed so badly that fails in being an open world event and must be approached in ways that weren’t contemplated.

Posted by: Ilmatar.6709

Ilmatar.6709

I can not say, that Tequatl is empty all the time… I was there. There was a one other player too but when he saw that there wasn’t anybody else than me, he left. I fight a bit, kill couple veterans alone, then they started to overwhelm me and I had to retreat a bit and then I took this picture.

Yes, I was there one hour before Teq started (Fort Aspenwood server), and hoping, just hoping the best. But when I was alone and facing this scale event alone, it was unpossible to beat it. No loot, only dirty hands and bad feeling. Same feeling what we had in a school (40 years ago), when teachers put us clean up roadsides in so called rag day. We cleaned them all up, we had dirty hands, and nothing else. They didn’t even say good work or nicely done.

I have tried this event since then when it came in the game, and I have always failed it. I haven’t beat it even once. Yeah, maybe I am just a bad player because I can not solo it. And now it feels that I will never able to do it.

Now I start to understand what really means to play MMO. Like one guy said, when I was telling him how lonely is doing exploration or leveling up your characters, because there is no one in there. It feels like solo playing game in MMO mode. He said to me that, it is Basic core of the MMO genre, you are not seing others. They are spread all over the world and nobody is seeing each other. So yeah, maybe this Teq is Basic core of MMO too, I just don’t see others around of me, or there are only those ghost players who have quit already.

No, I am not giving up yet. I will go tomorrow again to the Teq, just looking, if there would be someone else than me.

Attachments:

(edited by Ilmatar.6709)

Posted by: Karizee.8076

Karizee.8076

What an incredibly rude thing to say!

The Tequatl Terror Squad guild was formed by people that wanted to slay the dragon, that have worked their butts off to organize these kills every day along with thousands of other players that want to slay the dragon.

This is Tequatl the Sunless, not Shadow Behemoth. You can’t just randomly show up hoping another 80+ people just randomly show up with voice comms and commanders and you all randomly pull an organized raid out of it.

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

From another thread:

I just thought it was ironic, two statements posted so close together: “Nobody does Teq any more,” and “I keep getting thrown into overflow when I go to Teq.”

Not really ironic, more a glaring commentary on the difference between an in the top population server like BG others that might even just be in the middle.

The game could really make do with some server consolidation but it’s one of those things people read as a giant red flag of trouble rather than something that just comes naturally to a game that isn’t constantly drawing in massive numbers of new people every month so they are probably very reluctant to do it.

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

Posted by: Forgotten Legend.9281

Forgotten Legend.9281

the way i see it… with as many times as i’ve joined PUGs and overflows and even guild coordinated Teq fights… if i ever actually DO beat him, i better get a full set of Ascended gear (all 6 armour pieces, 5 trinketts, backpiece, and two ascended weapons) of my choice. otherwise i’ve wasted all those failed attempts.

seriously now… give us back the old Teq for world encounter… put the new Teq into the fractals… and new idea… make a world zone for the fractals for “hard mode” bosses like the new Teq. i mean… isn’t that what fractals is for? giving the people who want bang-your-head-against-the-wall challenges? so put all the bang-your-head-against-the-wall challenges like the new teq in fractals. problem solved.

the world boss encounters don’t have to be total cakewalks… but to require Navy Seal level coordination amongst civilians in general PvE is insulting. especially with such junk rewards.

i have absolutely ZERO incentive to try to learn the fight… chance for a rare quality aqua breather with zero choice of stats is a slap in the face. i’d rather get laurels because they’re at least useful for my class.

– The Baconnaire

Posted by: Kaiyanwan.8521

Kaiyanwan.8521

Of all the things, ANet has done wrong in their mindless crusade to improve their world, killing the fun of defeating a dragon for the majority of the community in a mid-level open-world zone was probably the greatest crime.

- Players who are in the area, just because they have the “right” level for the playfield cannot beat the event
- Players who want to beat the event need to organize themselves in an open word zone with a limited amount of spots (else you are moved to an overflow)
- A few players can troll the event every single time (turrets)
- You need tons of players for the event, and have to be there when it starts, or else you will run out of time
- No scaling depending on players makes this one of the least varied fights in the game

I could go on, but I really hope, that ANet got a drawing board for christmas, as they missed using one for the first revamp.
Bad game design is bad.