the content of HoT...

the content of HoT...

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Vukorep.3081

Vukorep.3081

…PLEASE dont place it in the gem store….

I understand they predict a huge income in revenue this year, and there fore i assume they will sell the content of Heart of Thorns..(as a expansion key or boxed expansion or whatever the content of HoT might be)

But PLEASE dont place it in the gem store….

I understand how convinient it might be for some players who cant buy it or something so they can buy it with in game gold…but placing THAT kind of content for sale in the gem store will make a catastrophic effect on the gold->gem conversion ratio

Dont even place it in the gem store after a year or something…not even for a special promotion for 24hours ..please just leave it out

the content of HoT...

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

So people that do not have access to credit cards should not be able to get it at all (unless they sell it in actual stores, which seems somewhat unlikely in my eyes)?

In fact adding it to the gem store would be a rather good idea, since it would drive up rates and making it more attractive to buy gems with real money, which is a win for everyone, but at the same time also making it possible for people without the ability to pay with real money to get access to it.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

the content of HoT...

Posted by: Vukorep.3081

Vukorep.3081

how did they buy the game in the first place if they dont have access to credit cards….?

currently 100gems is around 14-17 gold (depending on the hour) i can hardly believe making 100 gems be around 30 gold a win for everyone.

Again, im well aware of the conviniences that having such item in the gem store can be, but it wont be without a massive influence on gold→gem conversion rates which will never go back to “normal”, and can only go higher

the content of HoT...

Posted by: FlamingFoxx.1305

FlamingFoxx.1305

how did they buy the game in the first place if they dont have access to credit cards….?

currently 100gems is around 14-17 gold (depending on the hour) i can hardly believe making 100 gems be around 30 gold a win for everyone.

Again, im well aware of the conviniences that having such item in the gem store can be, but it wont be without a massive influence on gold->gem conversion rates which will never go back to “normal”, and can only go higher

Because the game was sold in stores and other online retailers who allow direct bank transfers…

The number of players who would buy it off the gem store without purchasing gems via credit card would be quite low anyway. So you don’t have anything to worry about…

the content of HoT...

Posted by: Tom Gore.4035

Tom Gore.4035

Again, im well aware of the conviniences that having such item in the gem store can be, but it wont be without a massive influence on gold->gem conversion rates which will never go back to “normal”, and can only go higher

Would be a win for those who don’t want to farm gold, but just buy some gems and swap them for gold. I would love to get ~200-250 gold for ten bucks.

One – Piken Square

the content of HoT...

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

They bought it in a store?

Aye, I am aware that the rates would change quite a bit. I am simply saying that I am not sure that is a bad thing.

Higher rates means people would be more interested in spending real money for gems, which means more money for the game, which could mean more resources spent on developing said game. Thus a win for everyone.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

the content of HoT...

Posted by: Belenwyn.8674

Belenwyn.8674

I assume that any kind of paid expansion will influence the gem-gold-ratio drastically.

the content of HoT...

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

I hope they sell it in the gem store… if they do I may actually buy gems in addition to the expansion. getting 20-30 gold for my gems would be a great incentive to invest money into the game again.

the content of HoT...

Posted by: Fauven.3195

Fauven.3195

Well to your question how people bought it? I got the game in a regular store when it was new and I still see it in the racks quite often. And for the gems? If they do so in the gem store, I’ll go to the same shop and buy a regular gem card . 25€ = 2000 gems.
So yes if you’re inventive you can buy the game and possible expansion without credit card and without ingame gold

Ranger & mesmer 80
Piken Square [Gwen]

the content of HoT...

Posted by: Moldur.6275

Moldur.6275

Placing HoT in the gem-store will make it feel like just another LS episode to buy in retrospect. Gold-sellers will be used by morons to convert to gems. Selling it with real money, without gems involved, will remove all gold-selling prospects. And not to be forgotten: there is no way to make better marketing for their product than having it in flashy boxes covering the walls of the retail stores or advertisements online with directions to the place of purchase. If Anet decides to simply sell it through the gem store, new players wont even be able to buy it! Maybe the posters above didn’t keep in mind that an expansion should attract new players aswell, and the gem-store found in the game would not offer them any ways to purchase the expansion. Forcing them to buy the original game before even being able to glance upon the expansion seems like a rather stupid move don’t you think?

the content of HoT...

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

Placing HoT in the gem-store will make it feel like just another LS episode to buy in retrospect. Gold-sellers will be used by morons to convert to gems. Selling it with real money, without gems involved, will remove all gold-selling prospects. And not to be forgotten: there is no way to make better marketing for their product than having it in flashy boxes covering the walls of the retail stores or advertisements online with directions to the place of purchase. If Anet decides to simply sell it through the gem store, new players wont even be able to buy it! Maybe the posters above didn’t keep in mind that an expansion should attract new players aswell, and the gem-store found in the game would not offer them any ways to purchase the expansion. Forcing them to buy the original game before even being able to glance upon the expansion seems like a rather stupid move don’t you think?

Why would new players not be able to buy it if its in the gemstore?

the content of HoT...

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Traditional expansion content or GTFO!!!!!

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

the content of HoT...

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

Would be a win for those who don’t want to farm gold, but just buy some gems and swap them for gold. I would love to get ~200-250 gold for ten bucks.

^^ I’m sure there’d be plenty who would love to counter the effect a bit. And, maybe I’m wrong but I’d imagine a higher gold→Gem conversion is good for ANet, convince some people to pay cash instead of gold possibly.

the content of HoT...

Posted by: Morsus.5106

Morsus.5106

I’m hoping that it’s a standalone expansion that you buy in-store, not a digital expansion

the content of HoT...

Posted by: Castrin.8972

Castrin.8972

Traditional expansion content or GTFO!!!!!

YES, THIS!

KILL ALL DLC AND IN GAME PURCHASING OF THE LATEST AND GREATEST GAME CONTENT/EXPANSION! IN STORE BOXED OR NOTHING!

sigh

That was sarcasm just in case any one thought otherwise. I am assuming Windu’s comment was in the same vein but …

For the OP and others claiming that purchasing an expansion will a) wreck the gem/gold market or b) somehow cheapen the content: just stop. Grasping at straws to put any kind of negative spin on something that hasn’t even come out yet (and that many are desperately looking for) is just pathetic.

Peace.

Grandmaster
Order of the Empyrean Shield [OES]

the content of HoT...

Posted by: FlamingFoxx.1305

FlamingFoxx.1305

I’m hoping that it’s a standalone expansion that you buy in-store, not a digital expansion

I’d still like the option of being able to buy it digitally though, like with the GW2 release. I live in New Zealand and video games usually get a ridiculous mark up in price here or take a couple of months to hit our shelves. if I can buy it directly from Arenanet like I did with GW2 then it works out much cheaper.

the content of HoT...

Posted by: jokke.6239

jokke.6239

I couldn’t care less about the box. But I see how there could be advertisement advantages from this.
I actually bought gw2 in a shop, because I didn’t want to wait on the big file size to download (and I remember it wouldn’t install from disk for some reason, so ended up having to download it anyway ) but besides that I haven’t purchased a game in a store in like 7-8 years. Steam ftw ^^

(edited by jokke.6239)

the content of HoT...

Moldur.6275

Because a new player doesn’t have the game and cannot log into the gem-store that is IN-GAME omg.. like rly did u even try..

the content of HoT...

Posted by: Name.9128

Name.9128

Because a new player doesn’t have the game and cannot log into the gem-store that is IN-GAME omg.. like rly did u even try..

If it’s an expansion in the traditional sense, new players would need a copy of the original GW2 meaning they have access to the Gem Store.

-Skydis

the content of HoT...

Moldur.6275

If it’s an expansion in the traditional sense, new players would need a copy of the original GW2 meaning they have access to the Gem Store.

“a new framework for how an MMO can grow its universe. The Living World was just the beginning”. No it will not be an expansion in the traditional sense.
With that said, it is very likely that Anet will include the original game upon purchase of the expansion, but if you try to sell it through the gemstore though, it will require a new player to first buy the original game, log into it, go to the gemstore, buy expansion. That is a lot of steps for a new players and it will not happen.

Gemstore will also make the expansion feel very cheap and “just another update” ish. Believe me it will not be in the gemstore.

(edited by Moldur.6275)

the content of HoT...

Posted by: JoshuaRAWR.4653

JoshuaRAWR.4653

People need to realise how economies work.

People saying “Oh yeah put it in the gem store so i can convert 100 gems to 250 gold.” That 250 gold that you’d be saving for a legendary wouldn’t do anything, if the gem to gold conversion ratio goes up, so will the price of just about everything else in game while also devaluing the value of in-game earned gold.

You won’t be able to purchase a legendary for £8, you’d just be inflating the economy, the expansion (if we’re getting one) should NOT go in the gem store for a long time, people haven’t got credit cards? Paypal, use a debit card, 16 year olds can get those. Can’t get one? Ask a family member to buy it for you, or purchase it from a retailer (if it’s going to be available in retail stores).

Warrior 80 | Guardian 80 | Ranger 80 | Engineer 80 |
Thief 80 | Elementalist 80 | Mesmer 80 | Necromancer 80 | Revenant TBA