the death of key runs

the death of key runs

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: duckideva.6358

duckideva.6358

I just started a test character on the new patch. You don’t unlock weapon skills by using your weapon, instead they are opened by level. So, for example using the human starter quest, by the time you’ve defended the fort and killed the giant wagon hand thing, you still only have one weapon skill.

After you finish the quest, your personal story is finished for X amount of time. (Where X is a number I did not test, but China suggests it is lvl 10.) Weapons are unlocked by leveling. You don’t get to choose rewards, instead getting a replacement for whatever one hander you start with. (So, no more shield and mace at the end of the quest, now it’s just a new mace…or whatever your starter weapon is.)

There are no more key runs.

POIs seem level gated…maybe I missed something?

Auction house was down, no idea how that looks/works.

But yeah, Anet, in the interest of lowest common denominator had reduced the starting game to spamming your 1 button. Whooo!

I’m sad for key runs, they were often the only thing I had a chance to do that would give some feeling of accomplishment in the 30 minutes I only have to play sometimes. A bunch of my guildies are all going back to WoW, which I don’t miss, but with all the problems Blizzard has, making the game appropriate for brain dead morons with a sippy bird that can hit the 1 key randomly, isn’t one of them.

WTF Anet?

Cruella LaDucki: Have corpses, will travel
Torwynd Trueheart: Here I come to save the day!
NSP – Quak Resident Duchess L’Orange

the death of key runs

Posted by: Conner.4702

Conner.4702

And just for the weapon skill unlocking I spent a few hours unlocking all weapon skills on 3 low levels. Idiot changes are idiotic.

the death of key runs

Posted by: Mesket.5728

Mesket.5728

The good thing about ANet and this patch… I don’t need quotes. A picture says more than a thousand words.

Attachments:

Zerk is the average Joe build. Don’t pat yourself in the back too hard.

the death of key runs

Posted by: Ayakaru.6583

Ayakaru.6583

You still get your keys at the same levels, but they’re just a little harder to farm.
NOW GET BACK IN THE GAME AND JUST PLAY
If you want to farm stuff so badly go play WoW

the death of key runs

Posted by: Silvercyclone.1462

Silvercyclone.1462

Key farming isnt dead its just harder to obtain. As long as there is free keys in this game there will always be key farmers.

the death of key runs

Posted by: Seven Star Stalker.1740

Seven Star Stalker.1740

I don’t think it’s entirely bad.

Also, they upped the quality of chest drops, so keep that in consideration.

I ? Karkas.

the death of key runs

Posted by: pdavis.8031

pdavis.8031

Don’t forget the achievement track that adds a daily chest in your home instance.
And increased chance for tickets and ticket scraps, minis, and permenent contracts

So while it may take a bit longer for key runs, I think they will still be done, especially with a greater chance to get cooler stuff.

“You know what the chain of command is?
It’s the chain I beat you with until you
recognize my command!”

the death of key runs

Posted by: Seven Star Stalker.1740

Seven Star Stalker.1740

Don’t forget the achievement track that adds a daily chest in your home instance.
And increased chance for tickets and ticket scraps, minis, and permenent contracts

So while it may take a bit longer for key runs, I think they will still be done, especially with a greater chance to get cooler stuff.

I haven’t seen that yet myself but I’ll take a look later. It’s time for uni for me so I’ll have it download the patch while I’m out and about.

I ? Karkas.

the death of key runs

pdavis.8031

Yeah, saw it in the patch notes, and the home instance chest in wooden potatoes preview video.

But yeah, I’m at work also and won’t be able to log in utnil 8pm tonight

recognize my command!”

the death of key runs

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Yeah, saw it in the patch notes, and the home instance chest in wooden potatoes preview video.

Seems as some systems are having a problem with the new Coherent UI stuff. If you are talking 8p PDT then there may be a patch by then.

Didn’t have the problem myself but I just poked at it a bit and it didn’t throw up at all.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

the death of key runs

pdavis.8031

Seems as some systems are having a problem with the new Coherent UI stuff. If you are talking 8p PDT then there may be a patch by then.

Didn’t have the problem myself but I just poked at it a bit and it didn’t throw up at all.

Yeah 8pm PST. Hopefully there is a patch up by then,

recognize my command!”

the death of key runs

Posted by: GOSU.9574

GOSU.9574

You still get your keys at the same levels, but they’re just a little harder to farm.
NOW GET BACK IN THE GAME AND JUST PLAY
If you want to farm stuff so badly go play WoW

You think that MMO cornered the market on farming? You think that MMO has all the grind? You think GW2 doesn’t require farming? You think GW2 doesn’t require grind?

Did you fully buy into that manifesto?

This is all very cute.

Hey dude you are walking into a wall.

smack..Wut?…smack…smack…

the death of key runs

Posted by: CETheLucid.3964

CETheLucid.3964

You think that MMO cornered the market on farming?

It is pretty infamous for that.

You think that MMO has all the grind?

Quantitatively? As in it’s a big black hole swallowing up all the grind in the universe? No.

Is it grindy in of itself? Very much.

You think GW2 doesn’t require farming?

It doesn’t. Most games don’t require farming.

If you mean ASAP route for shiniest thing, the farming needed isn’t anywhere on the level of most MMOs, including WoW.

A lot of these ASAP route people then mock the game as being too casual. So. Yeah.

You think GW2 doesn’t require grind?

Not for anything essential, no.

Largely faithful overall. Can’t complain really.

This is all very cute.

What, no flowers?

the death of key runs

Posted by: Waldir.2571

Waldir.2571

You think that MMO cornered the market on farming?

It is pretty infamous for that.

You think that MMO has all the grind?

Quantitatively? As in it’s a big black hole swallowing up all the grind in the universe? No.

Is it grindy in of itself? Very much.

You think GW2 doesn’t require farming?

It doesn’t. Most games don’t require farming.

If you mean ASAP route for shiniest thing, the farming needed isn’t anywhere on the level of most MMOs, including WoW.

A lot of these ASAP route people then mock the game as being too casual. So. Yeah.

You think GW2 doesn’t require grind?

Not for anything essential, no.

Largely faithful overall. Can’t complain really.

This is all very cute.

What, no flowers?

Attachments:

the death of key runs

Posted by: Mortalis.4312

Mortalis.4312

CETheLucid.3964

You really think this game has no farming? If so that is laughable rally rofl. This game is all framing and grind. If you need to grind and farm even for the essentials that is if you think anything that is over the masterwork grade of gear. To be competitive in WvW you need ascended gear. And you really really need to farm and grind that stuff.

the death of key runs

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

He didn’t say there was no farming. Just that the decision to farm is in the hands of the individual player. I don’t farm, I just play. Haven’t had a problem getting anything I wanted.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes