the dumbest thing you've ever done in game?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: shadowfanatik.5160

shadowfanatik.5160

For me it would have to be not realizing i got a precursor for a legendary and turning it into materials. I had just finished fighting a world boss, and recieved Rage as a piece of loot. not realizing what it was and thinking it was just another speargun I made the weapon accountbound for the skin and then broke it down into materials. this was back just after mawdrey was put into the game and i was grinding for bloodstone dust. Just realized what it was about a week ago and have been kicking myself ever since. I want to hear what has made you just sit there in realization “thinking wow that was stupid”

stories that while upsetting at the time you can now look back and laugh at yourself a little bit

Raak Bloodmaw

Posted by: Reanne.5462

Reanne.5462

maybe selling The Spark for 539g back in the beginning….

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

If it makes you feel any better, Rage is a pretty cheap precursor (as are all the underwater ones), so its not like you would have become super rich from selling it or anything. Still sucks, but its not like you did it with a Dusk or something.

Also, for future reference, you don’t need to account-bind weapons to get the skin, any time you salvage a weapon or armor you get the skin unlocked automatically. Not to say that it would have had any affect on your situation, but it save a bit of clicking if you just want to salvage and get the skin anyway.

I can’t really think of anything quite as bad as yours, but early on in the game I had a White Dye pop out of an Unidentified Dye and without even thinking about it I immediately used it. A few days later when I was browsing the TP for dyes and saw that White was going for something like 15g I was facepalmed pretty hard. I’ve never even actually used it and most likely never will because I find white / celestial horribly overused and I prefer bright colors over whites and blacks anyway, but it’ll forever be there in my color palette taunting me.

Well, OK, I guess I’ve used it a few times around Christmas or Halloween, when I sometimes dye my characters like candy corn or candy canes. But I’ll never use it “permanently” and I could just as easily get by with and “off white” for those situations.

shadowfanatik.5160

I admit that i wouldn’t have gotten a huge windfall from it like i would dusk or dawn but its just one of those things where looking back you’re like, “well it didn’t end up being a huge issue but i probably could have used the money”

Raak Bloodmaw

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

I’m not a big Arah runner at all. Quite a while back, I wanted to buy the heavy chest from Arah, so I got enough tokens to get it. However, I accidentally bought the medium coat. So, my warrior didn’t get skeletal hands groping her chest, but my ranger (whom I never played) got a coat.

Posted by: Jenstone.6891

Jenstone.6891

I was working on a vista with 2 others in my party.
As they were taking in the view, I proceeded to keep running, right off the cliff into the rocks below. When I meant to just inch up onto the vista point, I actually double keyed, sending my toon into an automatic forward dodge roll. I rolled right between my party members… it was slightly embarrassing…

shadowfanatik.5160

ive done stuff like that more times than i can count, its frustrating when its the last thing on a region you are almost complete but it always makes me burst into laughter

Raak Bloodmaw

Posted by: CobrasVenom.6539

CobrasVenom.6539

I’ve dodge rolled off one of the mushrooms/leaves in the Dark Reverie jumping puzzle.

I was sooo close to the end… Had to re-do Morgan’s Spiral and 90% of Reverie.

That puzzle is evil.

Posted by: Guardian of Angels.9867

Guardian of Angels.9867

We had a pvp game, points were really close when my team hold 2 nodes and the enemy 1 node. Was getting up 490 vs 490 or something.

We would’ve won, if I didn’t run into the enemy team and died for nothing.
Lost the game 500-499 because I gave the enemy team 5 points for my death QQ

aka Holy Blood Guardian
Guild Website: http://www.wtnf.net
Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCb07P-bW94jE3-mKHGToyOg

Posted by: Crimson Clouds.4853

Crimson Clouds.4853

A few silly things, but nothing particularly devastating.

-Sold a few stacks of silk scraps a few days before ascended armour crafting was released/announced.

-Bought Venom (Kraitkin precursor) for 120g the night before HoT at PAX thinking that there was a chance of it rocketing up. Still have it, because I like the legendary, but I intend on waiting to see the new legendaries before I decide to craft it.

-Used the first BL salvage kit I got (back when I just started playing) to salvage minor sigils off of masterwork armour.

-Used Dulfy’s video guide for the JP/Golden Lost Badges and missed one of the easiest badges (no jumping required). Took me a while to retrace my steps once I got to the end to realise how dumb I was.

Posted by: OMNIBUS.2913

OMNIBUS.2913

Back in december when i was working on my legendary. I was nearly finished with frostfang and only needed to finish armored scales and one other t6. I was excited that i was gunna finish on xmas day so i started making armored scales in the forge until i got 251 scales. Figured id sell the last one and i needed every bit of money i could fidn on my account if i was to finish today. I was so excited i accidently sold the 250 stack of armored scales instead of the one[ I hit instant sell really fast :/]. Selling all those scales to the lowest bidder along with the TP tax caused me a net loss of like 30-40g. Plus i had to get my scales again. I was so dissapointed -_-. So i went back to farming when i thought i was finished(such a tease feeling). It only took a few more days tho >.<

(edited by OMNIBUS.2913)

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

Just last week I deleted a character holding 3 unlimited gathering tools and the irreplaceable heritage armor in it’s inventory. Thank god for Anet customer service!

Oh, and even with getting everything replaced, I picked the wrong heritage armor anyways. Sigh…. kitten ed….

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

Posted by: GuzziHero.2467

GuzziHero.2467

Rolling an Elementalist. Much rage ensued.

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

I once saw someone having a tough time in fight and rushed over to help but was too late. While reviving her I apologised for being late. She didn’t say anything back and once she got up I saw that I’d been talking and helping an NPC.

It had been a long gaming session.

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?

shadowfanatik.5160

dawww thats just adorable

Raak Bloodmaw

Posted by: Hylgeriak.8250

Hylgeriak.8250

- selling the Ghastly Grinning Shield Skin for 25 g back then
- spending about 1000 g on tormented and chaos skins right after the wardrobe system was announced and put thsose skins back on TP double the price…well yeah – at least the loss wasn’t too severe
- buying 10000 eggs two months before easter in the first year of GW2 hoping there will be an easter event

Kyrgyz Manas – Gandara[EU]

Posted by: Serophous.9085

Serophous.9085

Complaining when gems were like 20s for 1.
Deleting some of the stuff you could only get once because at the time, I needed bank space.
“That water looks deep enough….”

Posted by: Shriibot.4569

Shriibot.4569

Spent a very, very, long time farming geodes to get all the recipes I needed to make Mawdrey, only to find out that I already knew the recipes on each craft (after buying them all).

I was so mad. Lol

Gate of Madness Server [SC][RH][INK][PsQs]
| Xaija | Tipsqueak | Solena Snow |
—{“Optypical is my George Knightley.”}—

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

I can’t say this is the dumbest I’ve managed, but it does come to mind:

Working on my first run through of PS. Bunch of guildies helping. We’re doing the part where you walk all over Lyssa’s temple, then go fight Risen in front of a hallway going down. You know, next to a sheer drop. Risen comes for me, I hit my Roll for Initiative. Aiiiiiiieeeee splat. And it was my instance so all my friends had to jump down and die as well so we could reset and continue.

It was a good learning experience, though. Sort of like when I fell off the top bunk when I was a child and woke up to see the floor rushing at my face … I never fell out of bed again, and I’ve never Roll for Initiative’d to my death either. I mean, I do accidentally go off SW fort walls far too often, but that doesn’t kill me!

Posted by: jokke.6239

jokke.6239

Before warddrobe update I have deleted a lot of skins because they took up space. I had almost every dragon jade skin from the first dragon bash and lots of others that are lost now, and MUCH more expensive. So that is a sucky feeling :S

Also wasted ton of gold on mf-ing precursors , but also been insanely lucky at times, so that evens out pretty much

Edit: Oh .. And ofc .. The time I listed Sunrise on tp. Came back next day. It still wasn’t sold, I regreted listing it and decided to keep it after all, and lost 170g (i think it was) in listing fees.

(edited by jokke.6239)

Posted by: Zera Allimatti.2541

Zera Allimatti.2541

Opening the final karka chest on a character that isn’t level 80. Everyone else got precursors, I got low level rares and exotics.

Give us more GW 1 weapon and armor skins, please. COPY/PASTE ALREADY!!!!

Posted by: Vissarion.6509

Vissarion.6509

Opening the final karka chest on a character that isn’t level 80. Everyone else got precursors, I got low level rares and exotics.

Many people didn’t get precursor. (including me)

Dumbest thing, lets see, i bought 25 keys from the gem store when they were on sale, i thought i could get something worth, guess what only worthless stuff, only 7-8 ticket scraps out of them.

They called us TEMPESTs, but we can use our elite to cheat death instead

Posted by: babazhook.6805

babazhook.6805

I am terrible at jumping/climbing puzzles. After about 900 tries I got up that one in the dredge area where you climb that wooden tower. I finally get to that ledge. I was so happy i jumped up and down to cheer and hit my heal key which happened to be withdraw which plummeted me to the depths below.

This before I viewed that vista.

(edited by babazhook.6805)

Posted by: Sorin.4310

Sorin.4310

Spent gold to gear a necro.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Once, I bought the wrong precursor.

Sort of annoying. My wife wanted to make the underwater spear and I thought it was the speargun. I bought it for her for her birthday and sent to her. As soon as I saw the expression on her face, I realized it was the wrong one. I was like, send it back and I had to go buy the right one.

I ended up keeping it and making it myself, but I wasn’t really going to.

Posted by: Glaciate.3901

Glaciate.3901

Used 14 tomes of knowledge then a level 20 scroll LOL

Posted by: Zephyra.4709

Zephyra.4709

Most recent thing would probably be offering ports on my mes to high up places.. Thinking I can jump down safely but alas, no. Splat. Dead mes. How embarrassing.

That or wasting my laurels on those +4 infusions when I could’ve easily just forged +5 infusions. Uhg. Wish we could sell them for a few laurels back or something. Sigh.

Posted by: Elothar.4382

Elothar.4382

I purchased six copies of an insignia recipe…so I could make six different pieces of armor.

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

I….recently realized,to make it more precise i Just realized after looking in my wardrobe,and wanting to try rifle out a bit..That i had The Hunter in there… i just looked it on the tp and its 800g…. Meaning one day,i dont know when…i salvaged it without knowing..or seeing… here i thought i never got a prec drop…But infact i salvaged mine..

Posted by: Erylian.8405

Erylian.8405

For me it would have to be not realizing i got a precursor for a legendary and turning it into materials. I had just finished fighting a world boss, and recieved Rage as a piece of loot. not realizing what it was and thinking it was just another speargun I made the weapon accountbound for the skin and then broke it down into materials. this was back just after mawdrey was put into the game and i was grinding for bloodstone dust. Just realized what it was about a week ago and have been kicking myself ever since. I want to hear what has made you just sit there in realization “thinking wow that was stupid”

stories that while upsetting at the time you can now look back and laugh at yourself a little bit

I might have done the exact same thing a few days ago with a Zap. I have the skin. I hope I’m wrong and it’s a Crystalline Blade instead…

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

For the skins, if you were playing before the big Wardrobe update, you might have unlocked those skins through PvP and not had the precursor at all.

Even then, it’s possible. Tooth of Frostfang shares a skin with Corrupted Skeggox.

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

For the skins, if you were playing before the big Wardrobe update, you might have unlocked those skins through PvP and not had the precursor at all.

Even then, it’s possible. Tooth of Frostfang shares a skin with Corrupted Skeggox.

Oh yeah..you might be right about that,hopefully ;d.

Posted by: naiasonod.9265

naiasonod.9265

Leveled two necromancers to 80 and geared them. I should’ve just punched myself in the face for several weeks and called it a day.

One is only the smartest person in the room if they are alone.

Posted by: Zackie.8923

Zackie.8923

played with zomorros

Posted by: Embrace The Bold.7619

Embrace The Bold.7619

I deleted 20 destroyer lodestones once it took me a week to get them… I was so mad I grind enough gold to buy them in one day :/ I don’t even use my destroyer dagger skin anymore. I salvaged a fused shortbow sometime before the wardrobe update came out, I thought I was never going to use SB ever again… then I made a thief.

The Sickest Guild NA

Posted by: Drow.2081

Drow.2081

Jumping puzzles are the dumbest thing I’ve ever done. They give me a sore back. A sore neck. Motion sickness. And make me angry enough to throw my PC thru the *amn wall. I’ve learned to stop doing things just because someone else thinks I should enjoy it.

I also post on guildwars2guru.

Posted by: Naus the Gobbo.5172

Naus the Gobbo.5172

I didn’t get the gloves and shoulderpads for the Tribal armour set because I thought they looked bad.

What we do in life echoes in eternity
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6zkT2uZAGA – GW2 – A world of wonder

Posted by: Vukorep.3081

Vukorep.3081

Creating new lv1chars every time i come back after not paying gw2 for a while….and leveling them to lv 80 and gearing them with exotics..

probably the main reaso why i still dont have 100% world completion after 2years….

on that note, i leveled a mesmer being sure of my self its going to be my real main that i will use and explore the world and build a legendary with him…. got him the precursor for the focus…
now the mesmer is just siting there with 3000bloodstone dust in his inventory …

Posted by: Coyote.7031

Coyote.7031

I haven’t been playing very long, but… I tried to attack and kill two hammer warrior roamers in my home borderland while all in yellow gear. I thought the other person was with me, but nope. They stopped to res their friend while I got tossed around like a rag doll screaming “WHY?!?!”

Edit: Also someone gave me a pumpkin cookie last night, I ate it and my character transformed. This is new to me, I have never transformed with a potion or a food before. I freaked out thinking something horrible happened to my character. That I had run over some trap. No it turns out it’s just the cookie and I was a mummy. But it freaked the poop out of me, and I panicked.

(edited by Coyote.7031)

Posted by: Azure.8670

Azure.8670

selling zap for 26g

Posted by: SilverWF.4789

SilverWF.4789

Achievements for Living Story 2

#SAVEDONBASS from Ukraine!
Seafarer’s Rest (EU): Liicher (Engi), Lii Cher (Warrior), Swf (Elem),
Licharr (Guard), Lich Eir (Ranger), Alt Fh (Thief). Lii Cherr (Mesm), S Wf (Necr)

Posted by: Naus the Gobbo.5172

Naus the Gobbo.5172

Achievements for Living Story 2

Why is that dumb?

What we do in life echoes in eternity
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6zkT2uZAGA – GW2 – A world of wonder

Posted by: MrWubzy.3587

MrWubzy.3587

I hopped into the PvP lobby in between a dungeon run with some guildies to sell things and bank some items. I decided to check my traits and sort them out for the next path to make it easier, and then I came back to the dungeon entrance. Ran in to the dungeon, did the entire path without realizing that the traits I set in the PvP lobby, I didn’t have unlocked in the PvE world. At least we finished the path…

facepalm

| Biyx [Guardian] ; Aika Vonelli [Ranger] |
| Proud roleplayer! |
| Biyx’s All-For-Nothing Challenge |

Posted by: Drow.2081

Drow.2081

Seriously if something is way valuable there should be a popup saying, “Are you really really really sure you want to turn this into material?” I assume there isn’t.

I also post on guildwars2guru.

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

I….recently realized,to make it more precise i Just realized after looking in my wardrobe,and wanting to try rifle out a bit..That i had The Hunter in there… i just looked it on the tp and its 800g…. Meaning one day,i dont know when…i salvaged it without knowing..or seeing… here i thought i never got a prec drop…But infact i salvaged mine..

You most likely got the skin via pvp.

Posted by: evilunderling.9265

evilunderling.9265

OK, let’s see:

1. Learned recipes to make lots of different feasts, armour satchels, etc., all of which are currently utterly useless (at present, crafting most feasts somehow destroys value rather than adding it).
  2. Unlocked several hundred gold in dyes on multiple characters rather than selling them. Naturally, virtually all of the freebies I got after the April 2014 feature pack were common dyes that I already had.
  3. Radically changed all of my keybinds right before doing a fractal. Even people who’ve seen me play normally would probably be surprised at how badly I sucked that run.
  4. Standing close to a wall while trying to defend a fort from mordrem teragriffs. Pretty sure that Warmaster Gritblade is still trying to pick bits of ranger out of his armour a week later.

Posted by: Kande.1930

Kande.1930

-Purchased The Hunter a few days before the HoT announcement that sent precursor prices spiraling

-pressing the wrong key and knocking myself off a cliff in EotM (thank you engi rifle)

Posted by: DragonflyDusk.6582

DragonflyDusk.6582

I bought a Mini Black Moa for 63g off the trading post to try and sell for profit when the Mini Wardrobe hit….

I (constantly) launch myself off the ledges in Edge of the Mists.

Anyone want to buy a Mini Black Moa?

[ I survived the 2015 April Fools Forum Meltdown ]

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

Seriously if something is way valuable there should be a popup saying, “Are you really really really sure you want to turn this into material?” I assume there isn’t.

You get that pop up for anything above a green. Not sure that adding a second pop up to ask, “no seriously are you really really really sure,” would be a good thing necessarily.

Posted by: poisonality.8972

poisonality.8972

I bought a Mini Black Moa for 63g off the trading post to try and sell for profit when the Mini Wardrobe hit….

I (constantly) launch myself off the ledges in Edge of the Mists.

Anyone want to buy a Mini Black Moa?

dude, I chased the zerg 3 times tonight, fell off a cliff all 3 times right as they came into view, then the 4th time I catch them….and they was porting back.