the endgame answer ?

the endgame answer ?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Avatar.1923

OK everybody!
what would be your suggestion for “endgame” ?

-more gold in your pocket to buy better gear to kick the same monsters so that you
get better gear to kill them faster?

-to get better gear so that you can kill newbs more easily while being afk in wvwvw?

i see a lot of people complaining and most are complaining about “reward/power”.
but i think that they maxed out the content.
so now they play pvp to become the best player ever, or organize server militia in wvwvw.
but as far as pve goes.. dungeons can test your skills. you ll get a reward “once in a while”, but you cant seriously expect to always get better and better gear… that is ridiculous.
anyway, suggestion anybody?

(edited by Avatar.1923)

the endgame answer ?

Posted by: Rizzy.8293

Rizzy.8293

Whatever anyone wants it to be.

the endgame answer ?

Posted by: Knote.2904

Knote.2904

Making DE’s more fun. Not just throwing waves of mobs over and over. Spawn some veteran mobs with a mechanic (buffs other mobs, spawns more mobs something), champion mob mini-boss. Basically more objectives than : aoe down some mobs.

Allow us to be rewarded for doing content in old zones similar to that of high level zones. Karma/XP/Coin rewards or w/e.

More and more cosmetic carrots, but instead of just sticking them onto vendors put them on named mobs that wander around and tend to hide out in secret puzzle areas of all the old maps that drop unique skins for people to hunt down.

And eventually more Legendaries I suppose. =p

Oh and make boss fights (dungeons AND world bosses) more fun and dynamic. Instead of just sitting there dpsing with no thought, make it like the Tequatl fight that we used to see in videos before the game came out. It wasn’t just dpsing the dragon’s head for 10 minutes, you had to do a myriad of things. Just give us some fun and difficult boss mechanics.

I would be more than happy with all of this.

the endgame answer ?

i’d like to see some kind of dueling available in PVE.

this way some players can let off some steam.
with your actual gear/toon, not with “balanced gear”, just pure unfair dueling.

i think this way some players could prove their worth.
anet could give a statistic for the amount of total duel win, or do some kind of ranking a la starcraft; you only can duel the people that have similar win-lose ratio to yours.
and you can only duel for ranks every players 1/week.

this way we could see who are the “kings”.

the endgame answer ?

Rizzy.8293

Anet doesnt want kitten stroking

the endgame answer ?

Posted by: NaughtyOne.6598

NaughtyOne.6598

more zones added with there own story arch/quest and a dungeon
Really though its to early for this just because some people raced through the content as fast as they could does not mean there is no “end game”

the endgame answer ?

Posted by: Death Aggro.9602

Death Aggro.9602

OK everybody!
what would be your suggestion for “endgame” ?

-more gold in your pocket to buy better gear to kick the same monsters so that you
get better gear to kill them faster?

-to get better gear so that you can kill newbs more easily while being afk in wvwvw?

i see a lot of people complaining and most are complaining about “reward/power”.
but i think that they maxed out the content.
so now they play pvp to become the best player ever, or organize server militia in wvwvw.
but as far as pve goes.. dungeons can test your skills. you ll get a reward “once in a while”, but you cant seriously expect to always get better and better gear… that is ridiculous.
anyway, suggestion anybody?

I havnt seen a post yet about wanting more “Powerful” gear. Thats your fanboyism talking kittens. However. Rewards are what many ppl are asking for. Where is there a unique weapon drop that u can make a little more than 20s. Why cant i do the same 5 DE’s to farm for the things they are forcing me to farm for. I.E. karma and mats, Without getting farm code. Which i have discovered is zone wide for drops. Does not matter where in the zone. We want something to do thats fun. Like the jump puzzles are fun. But the rewards are crap. Even adding something like mf boosters to the chests or something from the cash shop like Black lion chests without having to buy keys for the crap thats inside. Cheaper just to buy what you want from the gemstore. How bout more than 1 lvl 80 area…. OP say go somewhere else. Like where i might ask? What other lvl “80” zone is there? None. PPl spew the same old crap. Explore (done) Dungeons (suck,and done) craft (gotta farm mats huh!) Some of the achievements still arent even tracking. For example Legendary survivor isnt tracking. I want to make gold so i can start buying the things i need. But anet isnt allowing that since, as has been stated a hundred million times by many others, they instituted overkill farm code and created more money sinks than ways to make it. Fanboys need to stop with their same tired argument. craft explore LOL. If any of you lvld legit. by the time you hit 80 you should have well over 80% of the map already complete.

the endgame answer ?

^
so basically you want more content.

well, like they stated, they cannot put out content as fast as you game….
and, you re maxed out. mostly. as i see it.
and yeah, you are a reward focus player, i quote you: jumping puzzle are fun but the reward is crap.

seriously. you have to realize that you are reward oriented.

i suggest you to start a tight guild with worthy players, share mats with guildies, create a solid pvp team, and train in dungeon (without much reward) just to have the best 5 man team ever for when anet create the right dungeon for you (and it will come).

so basically, become the king.

maybe its time for you to become pvp or wvwvw king.
because you totally own Tyria as it is now.

the endgame answer ?

Posted by: kal.4350

kal.4350

and yeah, you are a reward focus player, i quote you: jumping puzzle are fun but the reward is crap.

If that means he is a reward focus player, so are you. Otherwise you would play a game where you don’t level 80 times, and doesn’t drop items.

the endgame answer ?

actually,
i wouldnt mind dropping the “level” concept in favor of something else.
and when i find/craft gear i am happy, but i dont “farm” it.

im actually happier if i rock pvp, a boss without downing, or a super dungeon run.
and for whatever reason, i can stop to check the graphics, and i talk to most npcs and read books. but i understand this isnt everybodys thing.

never will i “mindlessly farm for gear while complaining”.
and if vistas were just achievement, with no rewards, i would still hunt them.

the endgame answer ?

duel is the solution. the more i think about it.
a one point good duelers could hear about other good duelers (could be some kind of “duel board” in major cities, showing whos hot in your “win-lose ratio” category.

then you can try to mail them, arrange a location/time to battle it out.

the system would need some tweak, but it gives a “musahi myamoto” style to it all.
and could be a great endgame content helper.

the endgame answer ?

Posted by: nerva.7940

nerva.7940

this doesnt need any more discussion. theyre probably working on a dozen things for endgame, and have had plenty of feedback and suggestions.

Ikiro – 80 Ranger
Umie – 80 Guardian
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgLbWtvtzdU0Ho0zto6VnTQ

the endgame answer ?

Posted by: DusK.3849

DusK.3849

Whatever anyone wants it to be.

You’re forgetting that your WoW ripoff “numbers going up is the only worthwhile reward” vision completely contradicts ANet’s vision and is the reason many of us don’t play those other MMO’s.

Or you do know, and want them to change anyway because you’re hoping that ANet will turn a 180 on everything they’ve said and listen to your self-entitled whining so you can have WoW without the sub fee.

Like rock and metal remixes of video game music? Check out my site and get your headbang on!
Also, check out Hardcore Adventure Box: World 1, World 2, Lost Sessions
Main Character: Dathius Eventide | Say “hi” to the Tribulation Clouds for me. :)

the endgame answer ?

Posted by: RShara.3265

RShara.3265

Why does there need to be something that is done only after you hit max level?

the endgame answer ?

DusK.3849

Because all MMO’s are about loot and numbers going up and gear treadmills, just like all first-person shooters are about laying prone in the grass waiting for people to walk by, and all fighting games are about juggling opponents in a 3D space with the risk of ring-outs.

Like rock and metal remixes of video game music? Check out my site and get your headbang on!
Main Character: Dathius Eventide | Say “hi” to the Tribulation Clouds for me. :)

the endgame answer ?

well done sarcasm

i still think that fame and recognition (and maybe power/influence over some stuff) on your server, could be an interesting endgame content.

the endgame answer ?

Posted by: Bruno Sardine.2907

Bruno Sardine.2907

Buff legendary items and dungeon gear. If you want us to go after it and make it take awhile to get it, don’t make it as good (or worse than) items we can get through crafting at a fraction of the cost/time it takes to acquire those materials.

Legendary items:
Maybe not so much fixed stats, but almost like a transmute template that takes an item you currently own, gives it a slight buff on the stats, changes the skin, and gives it some unique effect. So if I go for the predator rifle (and don’t want vitality or less power and precision than my pearl handled exotic rifle), let it buff the rifle stats slightly, give it the predator skin, and add a cool effect like when you’re out of combat, you have stealth (probably OP, but just to illustrate the point that it’s cool and I’d be motivated to go make it)

Dungeon gear:
As much as it’s a nice alternative to farming for crafting mats, it takes significantly longer to acquire over farming; especially now given the fixes currently aimed at dungeons and “anti-farming” (i put that in quotations because you can still farm fairly effectively even though this feature exists). A slight buff might make them more worthwhile to get over farming or at least motivate players to balance between the two or even farm first, acquire dungeon loot second.

There should be another tier, let’s say legendary tier, of items might also incentivize full dungeon clears. A full clear would give a special token, say a “full clear” token, on top of the regular token amount. These legendary tier items from dungeons would be a step up from the exotic dungeon set (yet have similar stat combinations) and require the same number of regular tokens as the exotics, but then also require a certain number of “full clear” tokens. Maybe even make the “full clear” token not dungeon-specific? Once a full legendary set of armor from a certain dungeon is worn at the same time, it adds a unique effect. For example, the CoF armor adds a burning aura effect to enemies in a certain radius (or maybe it’s a 20% proc on hit)… again doesn’t have to be exactly this, just illustrating the point.

This idea gets tricky for the legendary dungeon tier weapons just because it competes with the legendary crafting which takes a considerable amount of effort. Not sure what the best approach is, but it should try to balance the effort/reward between going for the crafted version or going for the dungeon-acquire version.

(edited by Bruno Sardine.2907)

the endgame answer ?

Posted by: datheway.8364

datheway.8364

once you hit 80 and get ur extotics (which is extremely easy) u pretty done with pve. everything you do now feel pointless and repetitive. every mmorpg main objective is to get better gears (don’t deny it) there is no point of going through dungeon anymore because the rewards do not worth your time and skills. gw2 dungeon got to be the most hardcore and boring that I’ve ever experienced.

the endgame answer ?

DusK.3849

the endgame answer ?

Rizzy.8293

@Dusk So when I play guildwars for 6 years and focus on the pvp which earns me zkeys and scrolls of the deep which I can change for ingame money, to which I can buy elite gear with I’m not being rewarded?

These other MMOs that you play that dont reward you with stuff or ingame currency, what are they called?

Because expecting a game to give me some ingame money for completing missions and dungeons so I can pay their ingame taxes is…. down right selfish.

Ill take note of that.

the endgame answer ?

DusK.3849

If your money is dropping that far from dungeons, stop sucking. If your money is dropping that fast from waypointing, stop doing it so much.

Stop blaming the game for your inability to play it effectively.

the endgame answer ?

i think the “objective” could be something else than gear.
and really believe that.

its just an issue about finding the right thing to reward players with.

since its an MMO, my opinion is to put some kind of fame or power/influence in the hands of worthy players.
how could that be integrated into the game is a brainstorming by itself.
maybe duel, maybe special instance player vs boss with timer,
maybe crafting a serie of items..
whatever, and then your player gets power and influence over the server, choosing or voting for things once in a while.

a bit like “eve”, giving some power to the players, making them famous, is the
MMO part that most fantasy mmo dont capitalize on. i think.

the endgame answer ?

Bruno Sardine.2907

Colin Johanson
Fun impacts loot collection. The rarest items in the game are not more powerful than other items, so you don’t need them to be the best. The rarest items have unique looks to help your character feel that sense of accomplishment, but it’s not required to play the game. We don’t need to make mandatory gear treadmills, we make all of it optional, so those who find it fun to chase this prestigious gear can do so, but those who don’t are just as powerful and get to have fun too.

Ok… then maybe that statement should be re-examined? I appreciate trying to break from the mold, but there are some aspects of the “traditional MMO” that aren’t necessarily wrong. You can have prestigious gear that’s also more powerful… it doesn’t have to be leaps and bounds better, but it adds something more than just looks. I want to be an awesome hero of Tyria, not some fashionista… I think there are some Barbie games for that.

the endgame answer ?

Rizzy.8293

If your money is dropping that far from dungeons, stop sucking. If your money is dropping that fast from waypointing, stop doing it so much.

Right… so I dont play it effectively, how did I get full exotic gear?
If I don’t know how to play Oo?

And I’d still like to know what these games are that you played that don’t reward players with compensation or loot.

the endgame answer ?

DusK.3849

Right… so I dont play it effectively, how did I get full exotic gear?
If I don’t know how to play Oo?

And I’d still like to know what these games are that you played that don’t reward players with compensation or loot.

Fighting games don’t. Most first-person shooters don’t. Team Fortress 2, a game that was a clear inspiration for this game especially for PvP, drops loot but it’s not more powerful than the starter weapons. Many hack-and-slash games have a sort of power plateau similar to this one. Many RPGs have a max level cap and a power plateau, even if they’re single-player.

Seriously, how do you not understand how asinine the suggestion is that “zomg more pwerful l00tz” is the only thing that can make a video game?

the endgame answer ?

Bruno Sardine.2907

@ Avatar’s comments

I like where you’re going with that train of thought and can see how that runs congruent with the general philosophies Anet has adopted for this game… With all the things you can unlock for the guild, it would interesting if running these things gave your guild more influence or helped unlocked guild stuff faster.

Though I still think the endgame gear could use a second look. Why do my desires for my character have to shift? From 1-80, I’m trying to get as powerful as possible. At 80, why does my wanting be powerful have to rather be shifted to “I wonder if these pants make my character look fat?”

the endgame answer ?

Rizzy.8293

@Dusk, OOOHHHH FIGHTING GAMES AND FPS!!! AHHH I get you
Im sorry but…
Gw2 = MMORPG
Guildwars = MMORPG
We = Talking about MMORPG

Now if you wanna talk FPSes have you heard Killing Floor?
It rewards you by making you level up perks and have a specific role in a group or playstyle you’re comfortable with. It’s like right on par with Left 4 Dead.

Ohh really TF2 was a clear inspiration for having an Engineer? You sure it wasnt just because tyria moved 250 years into the future and it would make sense to have Machines of war?

So thief = spy? You sure the thief profession was not inspired from the game THIEF?

More powerful loot?
Im sorry, Im in exotic gear, how more powerful is my gear supposed to be?

I thought Anet wanted to get rid of the whole EQ = imbalance in PVP by making gear standardized and that Exotics are the base gear for level 80 much like a 1.5k non elite armour was in guilwars.

Im not asking for more powerful “lootz” as you say, Im asking a more rewarding system that doesnt make doing anything in PVE feel asinine, mundane and boring to the point all I wanna do is just focus on PVP and kill people on a 70 dollar game and not punish me for doing things to pay the stupid ingame taxes by thinking im a bot.

(edited by Rizzy.8293)

the endgame answer ?

DusK.3849

From 1-80, I’m trying to get as powerful as possible.

That’s you. Most of us bought the game for fun gameplay, not to be “as powerful as possible.” The game was made for fun gameplay instead of the tired out “be as powerful as possible so maybe someday you can be powerful-er” snoozfest.

If you enjoy that, there are games for you. Hell, most MMO’s out there do that, so you have plenty to choose from. Have at it. But asking for a gear treadmill to be instated in a game that was built from day one to not have that is like complaining on the Street Fighter forum about how terrible SFIV is because it doesn’t have weapons and eight-way run.

the endgame answer ?

@ Bruno

thats why im trying to have new ideas and add on instead of “gear or
cosmetic gear”

my whole train of thinking is exactly about using “fame, reknown, influence on server” as the final reward.
and look at it that way, im trying to put back the “multiplayer” in mmo.
by forming some kind of in game hiearchy, not necessarly based on gear, but: combat skill and socializing.
so that a dedicated player cam eventually get knowned in the world.
it could be a big “court” in which migtiest heroes get to vote on some decision and elect the “king”.
throw in some dueling in there.
and some special cases that requires voting thrown in ny anet,
and maybe.
then maybe.
we will have an mmo revolution.

the endgame answer ?

DusK.3849

Im sorry but…
Gw2 = MMORPG

And see, therein lies your problem; you have this asinine preconception that all MMO’s have to be the same, and that the only thing that makes an MMO is some progression-based gear treadmill. And that’s like saying the only thing that makes a first-person shooter is prone and weapon customization, or the only thing that makes a fighting game is eight-way run and weapons.

No. The only things that make an MMO are in its name sake.

MMO: Massive Multiplayer Online
RPG: Role Playing Game

That’s all that’s required to make an MMORPG what it is. The genre’s not called an MMOGTLFRPG (Massive Multiplayer Online Gear Treadmill Loot Fest Role Playing Game).

the endgame answer ?

@dusk

i know you wanna do the right thing buddy, but youre kind of feeding a troll.. :/

the endgame answer ?

Posted by: Echo.7634

Echo.7634

Things I miss from GW1.

Dual classes.
Guild vs Guild pvp.
Capturing elite skills.

the endgame answer ?

DusK.3849

Also, didn’t notice the edit but this

Guildwars = MMORPG

is completely false. You clearly know nothing about the genre you’re talking about if you think GW1 was an MMO.

the endgame answer ?

Posted by: snadge.2483

snadge.2483

Eve Online is a MMO also, the end game is actually provided by the players themselves, politics, the tools to enact the endgame are provided by the game but without the player interaction, there would be no endgame at all.

the endgame answer ?

^
the idea would be to introduce “part” of that concept into GW2.

maybe i could work there and quit my fashion design job.
im getting bored of it after like 7years. need new challenge!

the endgame answer ?

Rizzy.8293

Im sorry but…
Gw2 = MMORPG

And see, therein lies your problem; you have this asinine preconception that all MMO’s have to be the same, and that the only thing that makes an MMO is some progression-based gear treadmill. And that’s like saying the only thing that makes a first-person shooter is prone and weapon customization, or the only thing that makes a fighting game is eight-way run and weapons.

That’s all that’s required to make an MMORPG what it is. The genre’s not called an MMOGTLFRPG (Massive Multiplayer Online Gear Treadmill Loot Fest Role Playing Game).

So guildwars failed the first time around because it rewarded its players for doing something liked?

In my case I liked te PVP and I should never had been able to buy 15k elite gear from PVE because Im a PVPer

So now they’re gonna correct it by making a clear and definite boundary between PVP and PVE, You like PVP? Stay in PVP, you like PVE stay in PVE

Because Im finding PVP a whole lot more enjoyable right now.

Im interested to know exactly what it is you do in GW2 and why you think is fine for them to punish players as such for trying to keep up with the bills exploring their contents and trying to get the base gear at level 80 the crafted exotic gear

And like how many level 80s do you have and are they suited up with exotics yet?

Coz both of mine are, and I have no reason now to play PVE so Ill just continue with PVP and have fun there, no biggy for me really.

I mean I’m not afraid of people getting the same statistical gear as I am and being a better player and besting me in combat, just means Id have to work harder and repay them the favour.

Are you afraid of people getting full exotic and then being more skillful players than you and beating you everytime? is that why youd like for them to stay in rares telling them that exotics and rares are samethings?

the endgame answer ?

Rizzy.8293

Also, didn’t notice the edit but this

Guildwars = MMORPG

is completely false. You clearly know nothing about the genre you’re talking about if you think GW1 was an MMO.

Let me do what you just did there.

Heavily Instanced Multiplayer Online Roleplaying Game.

HIMORPG

the endgame answer ?

Posted by: luchifer.6401

luchifer.6401

Im sorry but…
Gw2 = MMORPG

Thats Trademarked by Diablo III.. sans the massive of course.

the endgame answer ?

snadge.2483

^
the idea would be to introduce “part” of that concept into GW2.

maybe i could work there and quit my fashion design job.
im getting bored of it after like 7years. need new challenge!

Ya, Eve endgame is awesome and I think something similar could be introduced into WvW, with Guilds taking control of areas and protecting it against incursions from other servers, getting increased drops due to control etc.

the endgame answer ?

yup, endgame could mean your toon being the best duelist (a la musashi),
the best king, voted by fellow players.
the dungeon hunter, having a statistic of your dungeon runs.
and whatever else, to pump up your toon ego.

and yeah, some kind of “player controlled endgame” could be awesome.
with the top players really having some kind of influence on the game (and thus attracting enemies and friends!) like in the real world i believe the 50%+1 of people being rational instead of chaotic. so entually the right people would be at top.

the endgame answer ?

Bruno Sardine.2907

Why does striving to be the most powerful = snooze or not fun? Yet spending god knows how many hours for a skin is more fun? Why is it that wanting to have powerful characters so nish-nish these days?

Powerful doesn’t necessarily mean facerolling or making things more boring… Powerful gives you more leeway in what you can pull off. When I say powerful, I’m not talking Diablo 2 lvl 99 fully decked out toon that’s unkillable… I’m saying more like Mario with the flower power for fireballs; I’m powerful, but not game-breakingly powerful.

I know the game is not the holy trinity persay, but some classses clearly specialize in areas over others. I like GW2 because we work together through synergy of DPS and support skills rather than some holy trinity of specializing in one specific roll. Just because there’s no actual trinity doesn’t mean there are pros and cons to every class…. being powerful though amplifies your strengths and lessens your weaknesses. It lets you get away with more which allows you to be more aggressive… What’s wrong with that?

the endgame answer ?

Posted by: Saga.1652

Saga.1652

Alright, how about this. Make a zone specifically for endgame. Place some incredibly epic events in that zone, with bosses that actually pose a challenge with creative game mechanics. The zone itself progresses, at first the “good guys” only have an outpost or such, and as you progress clearing the zone doing this epic events the good guys start conquering the zone, further advancing the war effort. Now make those “good guys” your guild, that is the zone is instanced per guild, and each guild progresses individually through it.

Now, whenever people successfully complete a “boss event” they gain an insignia, which is displayed in a “insignia panel” or some such. The insignia are tiered, so in order to experience the next epic event, people must first earn the insignia in the previous event. Make each event consist of incredibly difficult bosses that the guild has to kill. They have to work out strategies, try different build combinations, and actually coordinate to further progress. The tiers should also get harder and harder, with the last tier event being the ultimate goal.

Now the insignia should mean you have accomplished something very prestigious. Not by doing the same dungeon 80 times, but by defeating an incredibly hard event with your guild that took a high level of coordination, planning, and flawless execution. People should be able to visibly see your insignia, maybe place the highest tiered insignia you’ve acquired next to your name. If should be something to show off, akin to legendary weapons. And the guilds who accomplish this first should have their banners placed in Lion’s Arch.

the endgame answer ?

Rizzy.8293

Why does striving to be the most powerful = snooze or not fun? Yet spending god knows how many hours for a skin is more fun? Why is it that wanting to have powerful characters so nish-nish these days?

Powerful doesn’t necessarily mean facerolling or making things more boring… Powerful gives you more leeway in what you can pull off. When I say powerful, I’m not talking Diablo 2 lvl 99 fully decked out toon that’s unkillable… I’m saying more like Mario with the flower power for fireballs; I’m powerful, but not game-breakingly powerful.

I know the game is not the holy trinity persay, but some classses clearly specialize in areas over others. I like GW2 because we work together through synergy of DPS and support skills rather than some holy trinity of specializing in one specific roll. Just because there’s no actual trinity doesn’t mean there are pros and cons to every class…. being powerful though amplifies your strengths and lessens your weaknesses. It lets you get away with more which allows you to be more aggressive… What’s wrong with that?

Because one of the aspects of this game is SKILLED PVP.
Since the first game, which is why your gear is all standardized.

Exotics is the base for a level 80 to be fully effective.
It will give a small upperhand against someone inrares but its still an upperhad.

What do you think would make you feel more accomplished in PVP?
Killing someone because all forms of unfair equipment stats are removed and the main reason you defeated them is using your skills.

Or that you cookie cutter them through with powerful gear.

Personally I prefer the first option, when I best someone in PVP I know its my skills as a player which defeated them, not the things im holding.

the endgame answer ?

snadge.2483

and yeah, some kind of “player controlled endgame” could be awesome.on
with the top players really having some kind of influence on the game (and thus attracting enemies and friends!) like in the real world i believe the 50%+1 of people being rational instead of chaotic. so entually the right people would be at top.

The only trouble GW2 has with that is that they have separate shards, I don’t know what server population is maxed out at but Guild A on server A who may be top dog on that server does not and cannot be influenced by top dog guild B on server B.

The thing with Eve and the beauty of the game is that everyone playing the game is on the same server, it is the only game that has managed to pull this off, so that means you have 3000+ person PvP battles in the same area over resources.

I don’t think that this type of endgame could be possible on GW2, don’t like the way top dog guild is taking the game, just change servers, I hope you see what I mean, Eve was designed from the ground up to fuel conflict in it’s playerbase, hence everyone on the same server.

the endgame answer ?

Posted by: luchifer.6401

luchifer.6401

and yeah, some kind of “player controlled endgame” could be awesome.on

The only trouble GW2 has with that is that they have separate shards, I don’t know what server population is maxed out at but Guild A on server A who may be top dog on that server does not and cannot be influenced by top dog guild B on server B.

The thing with Eve and the beauty of the game is that everyone playing the game is on the same server, it is the only game that has managed to pull this off, so that means you have 3000+ person PvP battles in the same area over resources.

I don’t think that this type of endgame could be possible on GW2, don’t like the way top dog guild is taking the game, just change servers, I hope you see what I mean, Eve was designed from the ground up to fuel conflict in it’s playerbase, hence everyone on the same server.

I wouldnt say as far as Eve pull that off (3000+ pvp battles)… that game becomes a lag fest when that happens, you click to shoot your weapons and 2 minutes later they start firing.

the endgame answer ?

Posted by: Soothsayer.9476

Soothsayer.9476

Bring back elite skill capping from bosses…

Add cooperative mission structure that we had in GW…

the endgame answer ?

snadge.2483

I wouldnt say as far as Eve pull that off (3000+ pvp battles)… that game becomes a lag fest when that happens, you click to shoot your weapons and 2 minutes later they start firing.

Nah tis’ much better now but it was a challenge to fc when it was like that xD

We used to use lag like it wasn’t there, swap target, instapop next target, it was funny cos’2 minutes down the line our enemy count went down like a brick and we had lost one sniper tempest because the enemy didn’t swap targets and were still shooting the tempest that died 5 minutes before.

There is time dilation now which works pretty well and you can have 2k + fights with almost neglible lag and then the time dilation kicks in.

(edited by snadge.2483)

the endgame answer ?

Posted by: FarFarAway.6579

FarFarAway.6579

Because some people prefer to eat their salad before the main entree. And some players consider leveling up to be like salad, and endgame to be the main entree. In other words, no matter how interesting they make the leveling process, it will never be interesting enough to substitute for solid, challenging, endgame content.

There are various reasons for this. I will list two.

1) There are ten years of MMO history in which leveling up is the salad, and endgame is the main course. So part of it is psychological.

But there’s a more significant reason.

2) Leveling up, no matter how interesting, does not often contain very challenging content. GW2 did nothing to change that trend. Yes, the content is interesting, but it is not challenging. Therefore, the gamer thinks oh, I am going to use all these levels I’m gaining for a real challenge when I’m done. But then there’s no real challenge to follow. At least not one worth doing. Just a bunch of mindless grinding/farming. That’s not a very clever use of the 80 levels the player worked so hard to gain. Its not a very tasty main course.

This is partially solved by WvW, in which fighting other players can contain endless amounts of challenge. However, some people don’t enjoy pvp, and to be honest, WvW isn’t that well implemented.

GW2 salad is great. But the main course needs some work.

the endgame answer ?

they could make the dungeon loot quality scaling depending on the amount of “death” you have.

the endgame answer ?

Bruno Sardine.2907

If you wanted skilled PvP, isn’t that what the structured PvP is for?

I’m assuming all this PvP talk and how PvE gear would make it unbalanced is actually talking about WvW and in that case… they have plenty of mechanics in the game to scale your toon to a zone, so I can’t see how it’s impossible to scale better PvE gear down to the exotic level equivalent when you’re in the WvW zone…. Since people seems to be staunch on this position that “WE MUST PRESERVE THE EQUALITY OF EVERYONE ON THE WvW ZONES” even though a true level 80, ignoring actual skill of the players, is almost always better than any other non-80 toon of equivalent class in WvW due to traits, gear, and stats.

There are clearly ways to keep separation of PvP and PvE so I still don’t see why we can’t have gear with more than just cosmetic incentives since the current system isn’t offering the right rewards for doing a full path or whole dungeon.