the gear elephant in the room...

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

Q:

Why can players sell and purchase superior in functionality and appearance legendary gear but not ascended gear?

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

Posted by: Lord Krilik.3692

Lord Krilik.3692

Why can players sell and purchase superior in functionality and appearance legendary gear but not ascended gear?

Because “shoobidy-boobidy”.

Oh and “Economy”.

And “Waaaah, our tech!”

BONUS ANSWER: Something with corporate/industry/career field language.

That pretty much covers all the answers you’re likely to get.

Posted by: Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith Ajit.6173

Oh and “Economy”.

And “Waaaah, our tech!”

Heh heh. You said boob.

To OP, I think it was so they could force people who desperately seek the best stats to play more of the game modes… like with empyreal and dragonite.

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?
Our blood has bought their lives.

Posted by: Lord Krilik.3692

Lord Krilik.3692

Oh and “Economy”.

And “Waaaah, our tech!”

Heh heh. You said boob.

To OP, I think it was so they could force people who desperately seek the best stats to play more of the game modes… like with empyreal and dragonite.

Oh my! I broke the thing!

The filter thing!

Boob!

On a serious note (and really sorry for the very strange mood I was clearly in before!)

I second the post above

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

There is no way to put the Legendary / Precursor items for sale genie back in the bottle. I think if it were possible, Anet would go back and NOT allow them to be sold (or would in some way limit their sale), tho I doubt anyone at Anet would ever admit to this and would like deny any such suggestion. I’m betting any newly introduced Legendary / Precursor combos will NOT follow the existing Legendary / Precursor TP rules (which will prove that Anet knows it should be different in some way).

I don’t think the Ascended tier of gear was ever intended to be anything but crafted for YOUR account (mostly to maintain a long term goal for less casual players). If the reason for this post is to get Ascended gear on the TP, that simply will not happen.

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

(edited by Brother Grimm.5176)

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

As best as I can tell, it’s an attempt to get people involved in crafting.

Posted by: Teofa Tsavo.9863

Teofa Tsavo.9863

Time Sink. Legendary and precursors have enough. Acct Bound Crafted Ascended means everyone goes through the massive time sink involved with that. Mats are bound as well to help enforce time sink.

More time in game means more ops to click that BLT button.

Ley lines. The perfect solution to deadlines and writers block. Now in an easy open Can.

(edited by Teofa Tsavo.9863)

Posted by: Xenon.4537

Xenon.4537

In my opinion legendaries should never have been made trade-able. They should be account bound on acquire.

Posted by: RedStar.4218

RedStar.4218

You can buy nearly every component required to craft an ascended aside from the vision crystal. So it’s simply a matter of getting to 500 (which isn’t that hard) and getting enough dragonite ore (which seems to be a problem for some).

In my opinion legendaries should never have been made trade-able. They should be account bound on acquire.

Hopefully, if new legendaries ever see the day, this will be the case.

Posted by: Fyrebrand.4859

Fyrebrand.4859

I don’t even get why people sell legendaries. Wouldn’t you get more profit by simply selling all the materials required to put into one — not to mention, save a whack-load of time?

I mean, just think of all the Mystic Forge RNG, hoping for clovers… the skill points, karma, badges of honor that could be better spent elsewhere… not to mention the actual GOLD that is wasted buying some components. There can’t possibly be a profit in doing this.

And once you have a few thousand gold from the sale, what on earth do you even BUY that is somehow worth all this trouble?

Posted by: Lady Celtaine.3760

Lady Celtaine.3760

There is no way to put the Legendary / Precursor items for sale genie back in the bottle. I think if it were possible, Anet would go back and NOT allow them to be sold (or would in some way limit their sale), tho I doubt anyone at Anet would ever admit to this and would like deny any such suggestion. I’m betting any newly introduced Legendary / Precursor combos will NOT follow the existing Legendary / Precursor TP rules (which will prove that Anet knows it should be different in some way).

I don’t think the Ascended tier of gear was ever intended to be anything but crafted for YOUR account (mostly to maintain a long term goal for less casual players). If the reason for this post is to get Ascended gear on the TP, that simply will not happen.

I don’t know if this is related or a sign of change but I crafted the Adventurer’s mantle the otherday, and it was accountbound on creation, likewise the new Nomads stuff, I crafter the Nomad’s emblazoned gloves (exotic) now other exotic emblazoned stuff celestial, clerics etc, on the tp isn’t account bound but the Nomad’s are. To what purpose that is I’m not %100 sure, (another thing the player can’t make ingame money from so encourages buying gems I’m guessing) but it is a difference that has not gone unnoticed.

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

can you describe this elephant you are seeing?

Posted by: Jahroots.6791

Jahroots.6791

can you describe this elephant you are seeing?

Can’t you see it sitting in the corner on a pile of AP? It’s pink and draped in little leafy laurels.

As best as I can tell, it’s an attempt to get people involved in crafting.

I think just as many (if not more) players would become involved in crafting just to make gold off this. I’ve made quite a bit off the inscriptions and bolts of damask meself.

(edited by Jahroots.6791)