the nerf of steal on thief

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Shaman.4513

Shaman.4513

the nerf of the dmg to the steal skill is way to penalizing on the thieves. it is killing it. from 4.5k to 1.4k, that’s like a nerf of 300%, its too heavy on the build now
please review it.

(edited by Shaman.4513)

Posted by: Ragnarox.9601

Ragnarox.9601

you have 9k backstabs. Steal is fine.

Shaman.4513

you have 9k backstabs. Steal is fine.

Not anymore, it was nerfed too to 4 to 5k.

Posted by: HardRider.2980

HardRider.2980

From what I’ve seen.. Thieves have no issue dealing damage to players.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Shaman.4513

From what I’ve seen.. Thieves have no issue dealing damage to players.

the nerf was yesterday.

Posted by: Fat Disgrace.4275

Fat Disgrace.4275

what are you talking about ?

Fat Disgrace (banned) Man Flu Survivor – war/The Cabbage -Thief (gunners hold / [TaG])

gw1 – healing signet/frenzy/charge

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

I see no info about any balance patches yesterday. You are saying Anet sneaked in a major skill balance without saying anything?

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

That is what he is saying

Posted by: Fat Disgrace.4275

Fat Disgrace.4275

seems fine for me?

Fat Disgrace (banned) Man Flu Survivor – war/The Cabbage -Thief (gunners hold / [TaG])

gw1 – healing signet/frenzy/charge

Posted by: Ashantara.8731

Ashantara.8731

I have never truly gotten into the profession of Thief yet, and if they nerfed its damage that severely, it is unlikely I ever will.

P.S. Has it happened before that ArenaNet “sneaked in” a balance patch without informing the community about it? (I can’t recall downloading any updates last night…)

Shaman.4513

I don’t mean yesterday as in “yesterday”, in the latest patches, where they also added to the war on shake it off to remove 2 condies, so please don’t take literally “yesterday”, but it was in the last couple of patches. steal used to deal around 4.5k, as a thief u calculate every dmg u have, ur too squishy when playing zerg 1 mistake and ur dead. this was compensated with the dmg it had, which is now lowered to 1.4k on steal.
but yesterday we noticed heavily, i’m in a guild with 20 thieves, we discuss those skills a lot.

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

If there was that much of a nerf recently, you’d think that there’d be an uproar in the Thief subforum or on the GW2 reddit.

(edited by RoseofGilead.8907)

Posted by: Nikkinella.8254

Nikkinella.8254

Maybe you changed your build or something? I still deal the same amount of damage with steal that I always have, it hasn’t been changed.

Posted by: Skittish.4539

Skittish.4539

I don’t mean yesterday as in “yesterday”, in the latest patches, where they also added to the war on shake it off to remove 2 condies, so please don’t take literally “yesterday”, but it was in the last couple of patches. steal used to deal around 4.5k, as a thief u calculate every dmg u have, ur too squishy when playing zerg 1 mistake and ur dead. this was compensated with the dmg it had, which is now lowered to 1.4k on steal.
but yesterday we noticed heavily, i’m in a guild with 20 thieves, we discuss those skills a lot.

The last time they changed shake it off, February 22.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/%22Shake_It_Off!%22

So by yesterday, you mean four months ago? As a thief, you calculate every damage, but it took you 4 months to notice this change?

Posted by: Caine.8204

Caine.8204

the nerf of the dmg to the steal skill is way to penalizing on the thieves. it is killing it. from 4.5k to 1.4k, that’s like a nerf of 300%, its too heavy on the build now
please review it.

I see more thieves than any other profession in plat.

Posted by: ArthurDent.9538

ArthurDent.9538

4.5k instant 1200 range damage that ignores line of sight is pure cancer. Do not revert that change.

Also that change was done years ago, why bring it up now?
Edit: I have no clue what he is talking about, I thought he was referring to the change that made mug unable to crit.

14 Dungeon paths soloed
Lupi solos on 9/9 professions
Wost Engi NA

Posted by: shadowpass.4236

shadowpass.4236

Four months ago = yesterday.

Don’t say yesterday and expect people to know you mean it “metaphorically” or whatever you wanted it to come across as.

Aside from that, most classes try to build around 18-22k health. 4.5k is essentially 25% of our life pool as an instant cast skill from 1200 range. Where it’s at now is fine.

I was a power ranger before it was cool.
Guild Leader of Favorable Winds [Wind]

Posted by: Nikkinella.8254

Nikkinella.8254

4.5k instant 1200 range damage that ignores line of sight is pure cancer. Do not revert that change.

Also that change was done years ago, why bring it up now?
Edit: I have no clue what he is talking about, I thought he was referring to the change that made mug unable to crit.

Yeah I figured that’s what he meant. It hasnt been able to crit for years. Aside from that, steal hasnt been changed at all, yet hes acting as if it was ninja nerfed somehow.

Posted by: Zedek.8932

Zedek.8932

4.5k instant 1200 range damage that ignores line of sight is pure cancer.

???

Either I am not getting what you mean, or you worded it wrong, but as glitchy and unreliable steal is, this is just plain wrong. Heck, I died a couple of days before because I could not steal from someone that stood 2 meters away from me just because there was a little rock or root between us; probably internal linedef mapping faults, whatever.

Or you mean that it’s possible to literally steal from someone not being in my line of sight (duh), meaning in front of me, but then again, the paragraph above still matters more than any pseudo-convience I/we got from that.

Also, since we have the lowest range, I think ONE ability is justified, don’t you think (excluding ShadowStepping of course, but that does not deal damage and is also bugged for the reason mentioned before)?

Excelsior.

Zedexx, sly Asura Thief/Assassin
and politically highly incorrect. (#Asuracist)
“We [Asura] are the concentrated magnificence!”

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

from 4.5k to 1.4k, that’s like a nerf of 300%

Erm, 300% would be -13,5k damage. It’s actually a ~70% reduction.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

Posted by: Wisdom.4712

Wisdom.4712

I have no idea what the original poster is referring to. The damage to steal is unchanged and certainly never did anything close to 4k damage.

Science like nature must also be tamed, with a view toward its preservation.

Posted by: NICENIKESHOE.7128

NICENIKESHOE.7128

umm are you talking about a specific steal tool? Mug has been dealing that amount of damage and it hasn’t crit for 4 years.