"the whole game is endgame"

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: the uprising.6317

the uprising.6317

I really hope not, I am coming back from a long hiatus and leveling up is IMPOSSIBLE because no one plays the game anymore so DE’s are literally impossible to do, its probably more xp efficient to grind mobs than attempt DE’s.

So all you are doing is hearts, and if this is “endgame” then this is the most boring game ever made…

Posted by: FlamingFoxx.1305

FlamingFoxx.1305

The only DE’s that you should be unable to do are ones listed “GROUP EVENT”, and there are only ever a couple per map…
Leveling also doesn’t really take that long… Don’t forget about crafting and participating in the living story which can both be really great ways to gain experience and level up quickly.

Posted by: Plagueis.9672

Plagueis.9672

I am glad that you feel this why, because we do not want you here if all you are going to do is troll the game.

I am coming back of more than a year break. Yes, leveling can be a bit boring but that is like all MMOs that have been out for more than 6 months. I have really enjoyed this game and I can not wait till I get my Warr up to 80 and I can game more with my guildies.

the uprising.6317

The only DE’s that you should be unable to do are ones listed “GROUP EVENT”, and there are only ever a couple per map…
Leveling also doesn’t really take that long… Don’t forget about crafting and participating in the living story which can both be really great ways to gain experience and level up quickly.

Go make a new char and try and do a mid level DE. Barely any reward for a struggle of a fight which would have been done in 2 seconds at launch by the zerg. Now its you vs like 17 mobs.

the uprising.6317

I am glad that you feel this why, because we do not want you here if all you are going to do is troll the game.

I am coming back of more than a year break. Yes, leveling can be a bit boring but that is like all MMOs that have been out for more than 6 months. I have really enjoyed this game and I can not wait till I get my Warr up to 80 and I can game more with my guildies.

But other games have endgame, this one doesn’t or so I hear. Other than timegating.

Posted by: FlamingFoxx.1305

FlamingFoxx.1305

Go make a new char and try and do a mid level DE. Barely any reward for a struggle of a fight which would have been done in 2 seconds at launch by the zerg. Now its you vs like 17 mobs.

I do this frequently because I enjoy the leveling up process and playing through the content. A game is not it’s endgame, it is everything in between as well. If you want to be instantly level 80 and just do the level 80 events and not play through the storyline or experience the content then perhaps re-evaluate why you’re playing GW2?

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

If your ‘new’ character is not zone-appropriate, then DEs might pose a problem. Otherwise, they really aren’t. Try keeping your ‘new’ character in the many zones available for each range of levels (for instance, the 5 starter zones). It works out a lot better that way. =)

the uprising.6317

If your ‘new’ character is not zone-appropriate, then DEs might pose a problem. Otherwise, they really aren’t. Try keeping your ‘new’ character in the many zones available for each range of levels (for instance, the 5 starter zones). It works out a lot better that way. =)

He is my main not a new character. I got so bored early on I quit, I should have stayed until I hit 80 since I assumed I could just pick it up later and finish the leveling up. Nope.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Okie-dokie. You did say ‘go make a new character and try to do mid-level DEs’. That said, you still should not have problems doing level-appropriate DEs, if they are not Group Events. Maybe some gear adjustments might help? Ask in map chat for help? Level in lower zones first? Just some suggestions. =)

Posted by: Deified.7520

Deified.7520

Most DE are easy to do. Except for some group ones which are usually only hard if you’re the same level as the even or lower.

When people say the open world is an endgame piece they’re not only talking about events, but also world bosses, jumping puzzles, the mini dungeons, champion hunting/trains, and the living story.

There is also dungeons for your endgame, fractals for your endgame, WvW for your endgame, PvP for your endgame.

While it is true they have a lot to work on when it comes to horizontal progression for endgame players, to say there is none is not true.

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

I know this should be obvious, but double check your traits. Some changes have been made, and your traits may have become unassigned.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Guest to a busier server. Try Tarnished Coast. Guesting is free, there are likely more people around.

And for bigger events, you can try calling out in map chat. I do that all the time and it seems to work.

Posted by: kokiman.2364

kokiman.2364

But other games have endgame, this one doesn’t or so I hear. Other than timegating.

What games are you talking about?

GuildWars 2

Currently playing Heart of Thorns.

Posted by: SchuMidas.4782

SchuMidas.4782

every few of my newb guildies would ask me to help him to level from 1-80.
now most of them quit the game thou.

is this his endgame or my endgame ?

SchuMidas – Guardian
Guild Pro Baddies [Pro] @ Tarnished Coast

the uprising.6317

its probably b/c theres nothing to do at lvl 80, but wait 2 weeks for living story to update.

Posted by: Dalanor.5387

Dalanor.5387

I really hope not, I am coming back from a long hiatus and leveling up is IMPOSSIBLE because no one plays the game anymore so DE’s are literally impossible to do, its probably more xp efficient to grind mobs than attempt DE’s.

So all you are doing is hearts, and if this is “endgame” then this is the most boring game ever made…

Thats clearly a learn to play issue. Look at your choosen class sub-forum and search or ask for advice with leveling, gear and traits.

Posted by: ProphetSword.5427

ProphetSword.5427

Have you tried getting on map chat to ask for help? Maybe someone will come and aid you.

Nothing is impossible. What profession are you playing? Some professions have it easier than others, but ultimately, it comes down to understanding your class.

Have you played any of your personal story? That can assist you in leveling up. You can also explore your starting city and complete it (as well as some of the others). That should afford you some xp at no risk.

And you can do a lot more than hearts. Exploration. Dynamic events. Holiday Content. Jumping puzzles. Living Story. Crafting. Gathering. Guild events. WvWvW.

Have you tried joining a guild? Or two?

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

You could also ask for help in map chat, or simply let people know the event is going on.

If it involves a champion, is part of a popular event chain or if the daily achievements today include doing events in that region you’ll probably get a lot of responses.

This morning I was in Fields of Ruin and it was no where near peak time for my server. I’d seen maybe 2 people in total in the 20 minutes I’d been on the map. Then an event started up, I ran up to the nearest waypoint (to activate it), said “Champion here” and pinged the waypoint in map chat and I barely had time to get there myself before the group who showed up killed it.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: korelg.7862

korelg.7862

its probably b/c theres nothing to do at lvl 80, but wait 2 weeks for living story to update.

nothing to do at LvL80? then what have I been doing this past year?!?! seriously guys, do not trust everything said in these forums, that said, just go play and learn how to play in the process… and in the very unlikely event you get bored, maybe it means this game is not for you and that’s okay, but try not to complain too much, we got enough of that here

Posted by: Raven.9603

Raven.9603

no, despite launch manifestos, leveling is not endgame. there are 3 endgames and theyre all bad.

Casual exploration and pve (log in for new patches, run the new content, log out for 2 weeks).
Serious pve (run fractals, tell yourself running 1 dungeon over and over again is fun because its “random”).
WvW (the only real dynamic ongoing endgame, but without a comparable amount of new content casual pve’rs get to keep it interesting, and will probably be dead come April 4th).

SBI | Oceans | Ranger – Thief – Ele – Eng – Nec – Guard – Rev
Celestial Avatar is like an old man: Takes forever to get up and is spent in 4 seconds

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

So it’s not so much about not being able to do any DE’s but rather not being able to faceroll through them?

(edited by Ayrilana.1396)

Posted by: Judge Banks.9018

Judge Banks.9018

Endgame = Crafting, Dailies, and pretending like WvW will ever matter, or ever be interesting for that matter.

Posted by: Dee Jay.2460

Dee Jay.2460

Well apparently crafting is the endgame now.

You know, not actually overcoming challenges, beating adversaries or looting rare and special loot.

No, navigating menus and interfaces is what gets you the best gear.