Guilds and friend list they never on anymore
many just login to get the daily login reward and log out again
hundreds of youtube videos about why i left guild wars 2
Is this the end for guild wars ?

this game have seen better days

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

Hardly. Even if the population is on decline, there are still thousands more ppl playing than other MMO’s I play.

It has hit a roadblock, most MMO’s go through this whether naturally or through mis-direction.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

This game has been ending since it started and it’s still not in trouble. Honestly people panic too much.

My guild has as much traffic now as it did a year ago and more traffic than it did two years ago.

Posted by: EphemeralWallaby.7643

EphemeralWallaby.7643

Play and have fun. When you don’t have fun then move on. Quit worrying about things you have no control over. It’s a game for entertaining you, not a partner for you to be married to.

~EW

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

Play and have fun. When you don’t have fun then move on. Quit worrying about things you have no control over. It’s a game for entertaining you, not a partner for you to be married to.

~EW

Well said

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

Free to Play games will always attract new players that will buy gems. Since the Chinese release new players is really all they’ve been after.
For the veterans that have been here since the release it has just been getting worse. Making them buy the original game twice when HoT was released was just insulting. They ended up buying the game for the new Free to Play players and getting less than what they paid for in return.

What this game needed was a strong GvG implementation and Guild oriented PvE content. By focusing the LS and WvW on single-player/zerg content they destroyed so much of the potential the game had on release.

Posted by: General Health.9678

General Health.9678

Making them buy the original game twice when HoT was released was just insulting.

This dead horse doesn’t need beating any further.

Blame Abaddon, he loves your tears.
pve, raid, pvp, fractal, dungeon, world clearing, legendary questing.. Zapped!

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

Making them buy the original game twice when HoT was released was just insulting.

I think it’s beneficial for a company to understand how and why they lost consumers in order to avoid repeating the same mistakes.

Posted by: Ophidia Moonstone.2587

Ophidia Moonstone.2587

I am highly upset about legendary weapons. I may even quit the game over it eventually. I put in too many hours and bought the game for the expanded legendaries to quit before I make one. That being said, people move on from games, if there are no new people to replace them then the game will die. There has been new players to replace the old, you just haven’t updated your circle. Maybe if you went out of your way to recruit new players you wouldn’t have a contact list that was inactive.

Posted by: DGraves.3720

DGraves.3720

So long as there is a Zerker Meta and the game is willing to continuously cradle to the populace, no.

Ophidia Moonstone.2587

Free to Play games will always attract new players that will buy gems. Since the Chinese release new players is really all they’ve been after.
For the veterans that have been here since the release it has just been getting worse. Making them buy the original game twice when HoT was released was just insulting. They ended up buying the game for the new Free to Play players and getting less than what they paid for in return.

What this game needed was a strong GvG implementation and Guild oriented PvE content. By focusing the LS and WvW on single-player/zerg content they destroyed so much of the potential the game had on release.

As someone that came to this game based on the free trial I have to say that is completely inaccurate. F2P players do not have access to the gem store. They do not have access to more than 2 guilds. They cannot initiate contact with other players. They cannot access the TP. I am sure there are many other aspects of game play that I am not thinking of that those who play for free do not have access to. The free part of the game is an extended trial version. Basically, you can explore the game up to level 80 with very little, actually almost nonexistent end game content. You can’t really craft, you can’t access high level fractals. You don’t get living story, you don’t even get Southsun content.

I bought the expansion. I, supposedly I got the core game for free, yet I had to buy living story. You got living story for “free”. Without purchasing living story I didn’t get the masteries that were gated there. Not only that, but I never got the first season of living story content where Scarlet blows up Lion’s Arch, and that content was 10,000 times superior to the content I bought in the expansion. It was actually a story worth playing. Not only that, but I have had to play catch up with the rest of you. It would have been well worth the extra 50 bucks to have most of the Tyrian masteries completed when the expansion was launched. I have spent 20 bucks on the Living Story content, and without that content, the expanded story doesn’t even make any sense.

Posted by: General Health.9678

General Health.9678

I am highly upset about legendary weapons. I may even quit the game over it eventually. I put in too many hours and bought the game for the expanded legendaries to quit before I make one.

Hard to be highly upset over something you haven’t even made one of.
Now if you were a serial legendary crafter and had all the others then I’d concede you had a point, that part of the game is currently closed off to you. But if you haven’t even made one yet? Not so much.

Blame Abaddon, he loves your tears.
pve, raid, pvp, fractal, dungeon, world clearing, legendary questing.. Zapped!

Posted by: vesica tempestas.1563

vesica tempestas.1563

I think it’s beneficial for a company to understand how and why they lost consumers in order to avoid repeating the same mistakes.

no its your perception that is mistaken. You did not buy hot to support the free to play players, you bought the game because your assessment was that it was worth the price. The price for the expansion is inline with the average AAA expansion price and is at that price because that’s what the market will bear. I for one am happy that new player get the game for free – new blood for the community, I do not have a selfish outlook on life, and in fact HOT made me return from ESO after a 1 year gap, so it worked for some.

Your real issue based on your history is that you personally made a mistake buying HOT because you don’t find it value for money, along with your complaints about balance, SAB, Tempest, WVW, PVP, Legendaries etc etc. Relax wait for the things you proclaimed you were waiting for (and are comming) WVW, SAB, Balance changes and reassess when and if you see the game is fun again, no need to be bitter – in fact this is the benefit of a game that allows you to play or free isn’kitten you get the luxury of choice.

“Trying to please everyone would not only be challenging
but would also result in a product that might not satisfy anyone”- Roman Pichler, Strategize

(edited by vesica tempestas.1563)

Posted by: Khyan.7039

Khyan.7039

Your guild is dying, not the game.

Posted by: Ardenwolfe.8590

Ardenwolfe.8590

Is it the end? It depends on who you ask. Right now, I’m one of those people who log in, do my dailies, and then log right back out to play something else.

Does that mean the game is dying?

In my book, that will be true when I, and many others, stop logging in at all. But, for now, we’re bored because we have nothing to do that interests us.

That will change when new updates and Living World returns. But, again for right now, there’s not much reason to stay in game for anything besides the dailies.

Hopefully, that will change come July or sooner.

Gone to Reddit.

(edited by Ardenwolfe.8590)

Posted by: blueberry.2504

blueberry.2504

I even dusted of my old Nintendo DS for now. Having a blast with super mario again :-p

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Is it the end? It depends on who you ask. Right now, I’m one of those people who log in, do my dailies, and then log right back out to play something else.

Does that mean the game is dying?

In my book, that will be true when I, and many others, stop logging in at all. But, for now, we’re bored because we have nothing to do that interests us.

That will change when new updates and Living World returns. But, again for right now, there’s not much reason to stay in game for anything besides the dailies.

Hopefully, that will change come July or sooner.

Actually, that has changed already for people who play SAB and also for people who raid or even people who are participating in the PvP season.

Posted by: PyrateSilly.4710

PyrateSilly.4710

People have been saying that Guild Wars is dying for over 10 years, ever since the first one came out. Hasn’t died yet and still going strong.

Posted by: Sartharina.3542

Sartharina.3542

Eh… the game has also seen worse days, like when traits were locked behind event completion per-character.

Ophidia Moonstone.2587

I am highly upset about legendary weapons. I may even quit the game over it eventually. I put in too many hours and bought the game for the expanded legendaries to quit before I make one.

Hard to be highly upset over something you haven’t even made one of.
Now if you were a serial legendary crafter and had all the others then I’d concede you had a point, that part of the game is currently closed off to you. But if you haven’t even made one yet? Not so much.

I bought the game in September because of the crafting system. My main motivation to play this game from day 1 was to make legendary weapons. I wouldn’t have purchased it if I had known that they were going to shelve crafting as a priority. Worse than the money I spent was all the masteries I grinded, the currencies from HoT maps, endless hours of metas with people who were jerks in map chat, all to craft these weapons. I really don’t care if you have sympathy for the months I invested in this game, you and your opinion don’t matter to me.

Posted by: Henry.5713

Henry.5713

Many quit the game, got bored or just moved on. My friendlist looks about the same. It is normal thing in MMOs.
The game is still far from dead. There seems to be a steady rise in new players to take their place. Many of which will buy HoT as well as spend quite a bit of cash on gems soon after to support the game. Doubt it is dying anytime soon.