this may bee done to death but seriusly

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Xaton.1902

Xaton.1902

need to let outfits be armor pieces also like unlock the outfit and the armor skins for it or something. its already set to the model and stuff just have to split it and set it to the right slots not really that hard. then your paying for the outfit if you don’t want to mess with the multiple things or full on customization. just want the outfit on. or can go full custom mode and set pieces to what needed like that recent wedding dress thing for charr that cape part would be awesome shoulder armor peice

Posted by: Miss Lana Too.5794

Miss Lana Too.5794

They’ve stated that outfits are going to be found in the gem store, and new armors are going to be found in-game. With that being said I seriously doubt that they’re going to change outfits into armor skins.

As sad as it is, that’s their decision and we need to either decide to deal with it or leave it and move on. There’s nothing complaining will fix here.

45 characters, 20 level 80s, 11 impersonal story completions and counting.

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

The only reason I’m not buying more outfits is because they’re not treated as armor skins, would have loved that wedding dress + bunny ears but as Miss Lana said:
As sad as it is, that’s their decision and we need to either decide to deal with it or leave it and move on. There’s nothing complaining will fix here.

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

Posted by: Wildkitten.3872

Wildkitten.3872

They’ve stated that outfits are going to be found in the gem store, and new armors are going to be found in-game. With that being said I seriously doubt that they’re going to change outfits into armor skins.

They wouldn’t need to. They could separate the outfit into individual pieces like they used to be and on the outfit panel toggle which part of the outfit to display as well as on the armor panel which parts of the armor to display. That was the system in GW1.

Jaina Kitten, Level 80 Elementalist, Main
Yak’s Bend – Expletus

Posted by: Miss Lana Too.5794

Miss Lana Too.5794

They could separate the outfit into individual pieces like they used to be..

Outfits were never separate skins in gw2. They have always been one style, completely covering everything else except backpieces. Unless you’re thinking of complete armor sets that were previously sold in the gem store, or town clothes – which to clarify, were not outfits.

I am aware of what it was like in gw1, and while I would like the change to happen, realistically I just don’t see it happening. Outfits and headpieces were two separate pieces of armor. Outfits in gw2 are one piece, and always have been. Yes, it is possible to hide the headpiece if there is one, but unless they have the manpower to change it (and we all know they’ve been working on HoT), I seriously doubt they’ll give it a second glance.

45 characters, 20 level 80s, 11 impersonal story completions and counting.

Posted by: glehmann.9586

glehmann.9586

There are actually technical reasons they don’t split outfits up into armor pieces. Light, medium, and heavy armor have different “seams”, especially at the waist. It’s actually not just a simple matter of splitting the outfits up and setting the pieces to the right slots, they would have to split the outfits up differently for each weight class. And since the outfits were designed as single pieces, it would likely require re-designing the polygons of the armors at those seams for any weight class that didn’t line up with the outfit design. In some cases that would probably mean a rework for all 3 weight classes.

In other words, unless they do an overhaul of the entire armor system you are not going to see this happen.

Wildkitten.3872

Outfits were never separate skins in gw2. They have always been one style, completely covering everything else except backpieces. Unless you’re thinking of complete armor sets that were previously sold in the gem store, or town clothes – which to clarify, were not outfits.

I am aware of what it was like in gw1, and while I would like the change to happen, realistically I just don’t see it happening. Outfits and headpieces were two separate pieces of armor. Outfits in gw2 are one piece, and always have been. Yes, it is possible to hide the headpiece if there is one, but unless they have the manpower to change it (and we all know they’ve been working on HoT), I seriously doubt they’ll give it a second glance.

This is simply not true. They weren’t in as many pieces as what armor is, but they were certainly not one complete outfit headpiece to shoes.

http://i.imgur.com/NrvbRZW.jpg?1

As you can see here, I was wearing the sunglasses with the pirate outfit. Could not be done if it was all one outfit as you claim.

Yak’s Bend – Expletus

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

This is simply not true. They weren’t in as many pieces as what armor is, but they were certainly not one complete outfit headpiece to shoes.

As you can see here, I was wearing the sunglasses with the pirate outfit. Could not be done if it was all one outfit as you claim.

Outfits are not townsclothes. What you were wearing is townsclothes. What the gem store is selling now is outfits.

The townclothes were made with separate pieces, like armor, and like armor they could be mixed and matched. The outfits are not made to be mixed and matched. They are one piece that goes over your armor and the head part can be hidden.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Wildkitten.3872

Outfits are not townsclothes. What you were wearing is townsclothes. What the gem store is selling now is outfits.

The townclothes were made with separate pieces, like armor, and like armor they could be mixed and matched. The outfits are not made to be mixed and matched. They are one piece that goes over your armor and the head part can be hidden.

Yes, and many of those town clothes are now outfits now aren’t they? The point is, they could refine the system further to make them back into separate pieces like they once were so people could mix and match. Even if they didn’t wish to allow mixing of armor and outfit pieces other than using outfit chest, leggings, gloves and boots with armor skins for the headpiece along with allowing the mix and match of separate outfit pieces, such as wearing the cargo shorts in place of the jungle explorer outfit pants, would allow much more player individuality and customizability. It would also be consistent with what has been around for years with GW1 so is in fact doable.

Yak’s Bend – Expletus

Just a flesh wound.3589

Yes, and many of those town clothes are now outfits now aren’t they? The point is, they could refine the system further to make them back into separate pieces like they once were so people could mix and match. Even if they didn’t wish to allow mixing of armor and outfit pieces other than using outfit chest, leggings, gloves and boots with armor skins for the headpiece along with allowing the mix and match of separate outfit pieces, such as wearing the cargo shorts in place of the jungle explorer outfit pants, would allow much more player individuality and customizability. It would also be consistent with what has been around for years with GW1 so is in fact doable.

Guild Wars 1 costumes were only 2 pieces. The headpiece and the rest of it. There was no more mixing than that. You never could mix the pants of one with the shirt of another.

ANet may give it to you.

Wildkitten.3872

Guild Wars 1 costumes were only 2 pieces. The headpiece and the rest of it. There was no more mixing than that. You never could mix the pants of one with the shirt of another.

You seem to not want to understand. I never said mix and match the outfit pants and shirt with each other in GW1, I said you can mix the ARMOR headpiece with the OUTFIT body and vice versa.

In GW2 they originally had town clothes/outfits as 4 pieces, not counting the weapon. Headpiece, chest (combined with gloves), leggings and boots. When they changed the system they made some town clothes into outfits, such as the wintersday, Halloween, pirate, chef, etc. and made some into town clothes tonics. You could then mix and match different outfit chest and leggings in GW2 because I did it routinely when the cargo shorts came out.

Yak’s Bend – Expletus

Just a flesh wound.3589

Ok. Good luck in convincing the devs to redo the wardrobe, outfits and armor so they can be mixed and matched like you want.

ANet may give it to you.

Wildkitten.3872

Ok. Good luck in convincing the devs to redo the wardrobe, outfits and armor so they can be mixed and matched like you want.

Considering Anet has a good history of taking up player suggestions (which is what led to the changing of the town clothes system in the first place), there may be a good chance for it. Just as good as anything else.

And when you couple the fact that some of what are now armor pieces, such as the top hat and monocle, were clearly meant to be worn with what is now outfits, they may very well wish to tweak it slightly.

Yak’s Bend – Expletus

Just a flesh wound.3589

Considering Anet has a good history of taking up player suggestions (which is what led to the changing of the town clothes system in the first place), there may be a good chance for it. Just as good as anything else.

And when you couple the fact that some of what are now armor pieces, such as the top hat and monocle, were clearly meant to be worn with what is now outfits, they may very well wish to tweak it slightly.

True. It would be good if we could mix and match the headpieces. Maybe they’ll look into it some day,

ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Tigaseye.2047

Tigaseye.2047

Well, one thing is certain:

Don’t ask, don’t get.

“Turns out when people play the game, they don’t admire your feet at all.” sephiroth

Posted by: BattleCat.2098

BattleCat.2098

Not to add too much fuel to the fire, but you do know you can remove the helmet from outfits? Don’t just take my word for it. Here’s me with the pirate outfit, with and without the hat. So if we can remove the hat, why not remove other things too? I’d love the crystal-something outfit without the ugly shoulder pieces.

Attachments: