to the veteran players a honest question

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Tank.7821

Tank.7821

As a veteran player myself i thought about this myself.

First off yes the price sucks mainly because i get no character slot but hear me out.

How many hours of enjoyment have you gotten out of the game already?

Me personally 2111 hours since i started playing again last year after a mmo hiatus due to burnout.

That’s alot of time spent on one game. Plus i got all of LS2 for free as i logged in during the respective launch dates for them.

Reading through all the blurb the gw2 base game new playera get when buying HoT will not be getting that. They’ll need to fork out the gems for it.

Yes it’s not the whole game but it contains alot of story needed to understand the direction of the story from the end of the base campaigns personal story.

That said, is all this rage justified? In some respects yes due to the lack of a character slot on the base title for HoT but the rest? I am not so sure.

We got alot more out of this game and will get more out of it than newer players will.

Besides without them, we the veterans will not have this game we play right now.

Neither will we have gotten this expansion.

My 2c worth on this whole issue

Posted by: Namesake.7405

Namesake.7405

As a veteran player I can not deny the enjoyment I got from the game, BUT, when I pay 50 dollars for the expansion and the free base game, I expect the free base game. If I do not need the base game as an alt to farm laurel on , I could give it away to create a new cutomer who might buy HoT and then would have an extra code to use or give away as well ( a self sustaining paid recruit a friend model if you wish). Such an easy matter which ANET in its greed either forgot or chose to not implement.
Why do I say greed? Well if the base game is free and vets cant get it since it is no longer a product why can I not make a free alt vanilla GW2 account? Why are box copies of GW 2 still sitting on shelves and not been recalled? Hell that last would have made the whole “buying from third party and getting jipped” that a lot of the newer players are feeling, not even be an issue.
Offering people seperate codes maybe as an opt in at the check out would have solved all of this. It can still solve all of this if ANET wants.

Posted by: Gray.9041

Gray.9041

I’d have to agree with Namesake.

true, I got a fair amount of fun out of the base game. I also paid for the base game. however, Anet now want me to pay for HoT + GW2, but won’t give me the GW2 part of that. any new base account i would get would also not get any of the above benefits, so it would be equal to whatever a new player got.

but I still don’t get it. I literally pay the same money for less. it’s not about what I’ve had before now, as I’ve also paid before now. it’s about what I get, now for my money, compared to what a new player gets now for their money.

and the answer is not the same.

Posted by: Zanshin.5379

Zanshin.5379

As most veterans will tell you, it is not about the price. As of now, it is more about respect.

From their actions it seems Anet are mostly trying to please newcomers.
What about veterans who have supported their game the last 3 years? What about veterans who have spent hundreds (sometimes thousands) of dollars on their cash shop to pay for their salaries? Do they want to keep them?

As a company, I would have thought Anet would want to keep their veterans (at least those who do buy gems). So why the lack of respect? From our perspective, here’s what it seems they are thinking: “Well, they are going to buy the expansion anyway, no need to cater to them, let’s just focus on potential new players”. This is not the way to treat loyal customers…

Posted by: Manasa Devi.7958

Manasa Devi.7958

Everything I partook of during my time in the game so far, I paid for 3 years ago. That was the deal then, and it was a good deal.

I don’t care what other people receive with their purchase, I only care what I’m getting out of it. I’m not convinced yet that the expansion will be a good deal for me. For a variety of reasons, I hardly play anymore, and an expansion that doesn’t look good to me will not win me back, quite the opposite actually.