to those who want quit gw2

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Glory.1493

Glory.1493

i have been reading all these thread complan about how suck it is to lvl a alt except no one mentioned about anet increased exp u get from doing low lvl events that makes u lvl much faster now but this is not what i m gonna talking about.
if u truely gonna quit gw2 fine just do it,u can just enjoy real life and all, but if u want play another mmo stuff.i dont think u have much choice there.look how ESO and Wild Star works on market.they are dead already,FF14 probably have a descent player base but thats more like a game for ur son and daughter.and WoW?thats for ur old man. so u probably now downloading archeage?fine give a shot for like a month I m sure U will be back then. thats a game sucks than ESO.
but I do hope we have a better choice.
saddly we dont.

Posted by: Andred.1087

Andred.1087

You forgot about Destiny.. I’m so torn over it because I’m still trying to get my friends to play GW2 with me, but it looks so legit. will probably get eventually.

“You’ll PAY to know what you really think.” ~ J. R. “Bob” Dobbs

Posted by: Thia.4891

Thia.4891

I don’t want to quit. I love Guild Wars, always have, and I want to see it be better. GW has always been important to me since I first installed Prophecy. I want to offer criticism because I want it to get better, I say these things cause I care.

(Sigurdas MoonEyes and Ronja) (Myrin Crowneguarde) (Yarza Steelfang) (Luqq) (Nevnia)

Posted by: Lostwingman.5034

Lostwingman.5034

i have been reading all these thread complan about how suck it is to lvl a alt except no one mentioned about anet increased exp u get from doing low lvl events that makes u lvl much faster now but this is not what i m gonna talking about.

They’ve extended the gating to level 40. The accelerated leveling stops by 15.
Not exactly balanced.

Bad@Ele: Alaric Von Manstein
Bad@Thief: Kiera Gordon
Sea of Sorrows, a server never before so appropriately named.

Posted by: Andred.1087

Andred.1087

I want to offer criticism because I want it to get better, I say these things cause I care.

I will exclude you from this generalization because I think that’s polite, but I think most people are offering criticism because they like to hear themselves talk. Maybe it’s just because I don’t give a kitten about the leveling process anymore, but like, wow, this is a pretty absurd outbreak of rage over something that only affects what was already the most uninteresting part of the game.

“You’ll PAY to know what you really think.” ~ J. R. “Bob” Dobbs

Posted by: Paradise.1692

Paradise.1692

There’s roughly 700 MMOs out there, Glory. Not just the ones you mentioned.

I myself might go back to GW1 because it’s an extremely good game. It simply cannot be compared with GW2. I’ve played GW1 since 2006, and seeing its successor GW2 in its current state simply breaks my heart. It’s like losing a loved one.

Posted by: Templar.4512

Templar.4512

With some proper grammar, use of paragraphs and better spacing and formatting, you may be able to get your point across.

Also, I asume you are very young to be calling WoW a game for ‘your old man’.

Posted by: Tarnsman.8092

Tarnsman.8092

You forgot about Destiny.. I’m so torn over it because I’m still trying to get my friends to play GW2 with me, but it looks so legit. will probably get eventually.

FYI so far Destiny is great! It not really a true MMO but we will see how it goes.

With the new feature pack GW2 has taking a back seat for me. I’ve got a lot invested in GW (been playing since GW1 launch) so I doubt I’ll drop it but it’s not my go-to anymore for sure…

Posted by: Vlad Morbius.1759

Vlad Morbius.1759

It breaks my heart to see what they’re doing to a fantastic game and the fact they don’t really listen only makes it worse. You’re a dollar value right now nothing more.

Vini, Vidi, Vici, Viridis…I came, I saw, I conquered…I got a green??

Posted by: Thia.4891

Thia.4891

I want to offer criticism because I want it to get better, I say these things cause I care.

I will exclude you from this generalization because I think that’s polite, but I think most people are offering criticism because they like to hear themselves talk. Maybe it’s just because I don’t give a kitten about the leveling process anymore, but like, wow, this is a pretty absurd outbreak of rage over something that only affects what was already the most uninteresting part of the game.

But here’s the thing: Those people could just leave if they were unhappy, right? But here’s the thing: They’re not. They are staying and making their voices heard. And yes, there is a lot of rage, but they are staying. They want change, and they are loud because it matters to them. They may not be polite, but they care – in their own, loud, way.

(Sigurdas MoonEyes and Ronja) (Myrin Crowneguarde) (Yarza Steelfang) (Luqq) (Nevnia)

Posted by: Spartacus.9743

Spartacus.9743

I won’t quit cause i really love this game, especially the lore and game mechanics.. But after this patch I’ll just log in make daily Teq and Wurm, then go back to real stuff while waiting for some real fun (challenging world bosses/new pvp modes/maps)

Posted by: gobberpooper.8165

gobberpooper.8165

It’s been 2 years and they’ve been going the wrong direction the whole time. The game is worse than at launch because at least at launch I trusted ANet to fix the issues and move it in a direction that would leave the core of the game solid a year in, and add a ton of new content 2 years in. Instead it’s gone backwards.

I’m uninstalling the game, unsubbing from the GW2 subreddit, and leaving it be for a year. Unfortunately, the core mechanics of this game are so good that every other MMO is stale. I couldn’t get a couple hours past Rift, it was so generic. Maybe I’ll go back to GW1. That game had so much done right and I never got bored of it.

Posted by: Devata.6589

Devata.6589

“WoW?thats for ur old man”
Lol, you could not come up with anything negative about WoW?

Then just say. WoW has a subscription. If anything.

Posted by: Devata.6589

Devata.6589

Thats console so does not count.

Posted by: uknortherner.2670

uknortherner.2670

Thats console so does not count.

It isn’t an MMO either, but just another generic dudebro pew pew simulator.

I stole a special snowflake’s future by exercising my democratic right to vote.

Posted by: ipan.4356

ipan.4356

The only thing that could bring me back is the announcement of a full expansion (paid or otherwise, I don’t care), that included:

20 new maps/zones
1 new class
1 new race
1 new weapon per class
5+ new utilities per class
1 new WvWvW map (minimum – 5 would be great)

And I want it out by Christmas.

I’ve already uninstalled the game from my computer.

This would be the bare minimum needed to bring me back.

Posted by: Azure The Heartless.3261

Azure The Heartless.3261

The only thing that could bring me back is the announcement of a full expansion (paid or otherwise, I don’t care), that included:

20 new maps/zones
1 new class
1 new race
1 new weapon per class

While I dont agree with his demanding nature, I’d like to see that too.

Resident Disgruntled, Coffee-drinking Charr.
Zarin Mistcloak(THF) Valkyrie Mistblade(WAR) Kossori Mistwalker(REV) Durendal Mistward(GRD)
I used to think (build op, pls nerf) like you, but then I took a nerf to the knee.

Posted by: Conner.5803

Conner.5803

We won’t stop playing, we just will stop paying.

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

20 new maps/zones
1 new class
1 new race
1 new weapon per class

Bye~
Pretty obvious they’re not crying over a lost qqlayer or two.

Still, not leaving, but making alts is probably not going to happen. Another “test case” just like I did a few months ago, but otherwise, eh.

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Posted by: Belenus.9132

Belenus.9132

There’s more to gaming then just the stuff you’ve mentioned here. Me, an old OLD timer who was playing ELITE, the world’s first space combat and trading game on an old BBC Microcomputer back in 1984 and they are soon to release ELITE: Dangerous.

I’ll be playing that, but I’ll also be playing Guild Wars 2 because despite my intense dislike of the new Black Lion system (it stinks) I am above all else LOYAL and believe that GW2 has given me a lot of pleasure since 2012. Truth is I have games that I go back too and play over and over again but there aren’t many of them. GW2 is a game that I recommend to others, and **** have even purchased a copy of DVD releases for others to play – it’s that good.

Given my loyalty (and the loyalty of other people who have been playing as long as I have), it’s time that ArenaNET appreciated that and actually listened to us when we say ‘’if it ain’t broken – don’t fix it.’’

Posted by: HELLruler.4820

HELLruler.4820

DO NOT FEED THE TROLL

Posted by: tanf.8917

tanf.8917

We won’t stop playing, we just will stop paying.

This is exactly what happened to me, i still play but i no longer support the gem store, been a few months since my last purchase and i intend to keep it this way.

Posted by: Lévis.5489

Lévis.5489

saddly we dont.

There is a little game called Guild Wars 1.

Posted by: Corpus Christi.2057

Corpus Christi.2057

if u truely gonna quit gw2 fine just do it,u can just enjoy real life and all, but if u want play another mmo stuff.i dont think u have much choice there.look how ESO and Wild Star works on market.they are dead already,FF14 probably have a descent player base but thats more like a game for ur son and daughter.and WoW?thats for ur old man. so u probably now downloading archeage?fine give a shot for like a month I m sure U will be back then. thats a game sucks than ESO.
saddly we dont.

Haven’t you heard? ArcheAge premieres in 4 days time. It totally feels like Lineage 2 and GuildWars 1 times. Our guild ( de facto, what’s left of it in GW2 ) will definitely check it out. Otherwise, we will be enjoying our lives until an expansion comes out or GW3 is announced. GW2’s becoming a total ruin ( my personal opinion, you may disagree with it ), completely dumbed down to a level of 10-year-olds. I do still hope, however, that this will change. Hope’s the last thing to die, right?

Three 80-lvl Rangers. Why? ‘Cos they’re that cool.