too many transmutation charges

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Duke Nukem.6783

Duke Nukem.6783

ok stop giving me transmutation charges, stop giving them to me for pvp, stop giving them to me for map completion (seriously, you think thats equal to a lion key)
ive got well over 100 of them and nothing to do with them (im already beautiful)

i will angrily post in this thread every time i get one from now on, you could atleast let us exchange 50 of them for a lion key or something

Posted by: Mallis.4295

Mallis.4295

Ayyyyyyyy lmao.

Attachments:

Posted by: Andraus.3874

Andraus.3874

I have a feeling you’re a charr. Most charrs realize they can use all the transmutation they want but it can’t fix ugly so they give up.

Duke Nukem.6783

I have a feeling you’re a charr. Most charrs realize they can use all the transmutation they want but it can’t fix ugly so they give up.

actually a charr is the only class i dont have, ur right they cant fix the ugly

REMEMBER ASCALON

but no really i have 9 characters and i get WAY TOO MANY transmutation charges, i dont need all these just let me exchange them for lion keys

Posted by: Labjax.2465

Labjax.2465

I wish you could trade them. To me. For free.

Lol.

I have 9 characters and I’m always running out.

Or words to that effect.

Duke Nukem.6783

sometimes i just change my appearance to control the population of transmutation charges, like its transmutation charge hunting season =(

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

ok stop giving me transmutation charges, stop giving them to me for pvp, stop giving them to me for map completion (seriously, you think thats equal to a lion key)
ive got well over 100 of them and nothing to do with them (im already beautiful)

i will angrily post in this thread every time i get one from now on, you could atleast let us exchange 50 of them for a lion key or something

Why would be angry at getting them? Just let them stack in your bank and then delete them 250 at a time. Or double-click. Seems like a tiny thing to be upset over.

And of course they aren’t intended to be “worth a black lion key” — they are merely the standard reward for city completion and the usual reward for open world maps; BL keys are a nice bonus.

tl;dr wait, what?

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

They’re not supposed to be equal to a black lion key. Just like there are better and worse drops and chest rewards there are better and worse map completion rewards.

As for getting loads from PvP that’s because before the wardrobe update PvP used separate gear that let you switch to any skins you’d unlocked for free and many primarily PvP players were used to switching regularly. So Anet ensured they’d get lots of charges to minimise the negative impact of the update.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: Leaa.2943

Leaa.2943

It is actually only in pvp they shower us with it. Before i started to play pvp i was constatnly missing transmutation stones. Now i am constantly around 100 as well which i am happy about since i have 14 characters were i switch wardrobe a lot.
In PvE you never get them as rewards ever. Only place to pick them up in pve is once a week in daily log in chest and if lucky inside of BL chests. There might be one in the story as well cant remember. But my point is, not all people play pvp and those people actually lack of the stones unless they buy them.

Posted by: Jahroots.6791

Jahroots.6791

At the other end of the spectrum, I can never get enough of these things. Sadly, they’ve reduced the number by half, but I’d be happy to get nothing but transmutation charges in PvP reward tracks.

Posted by: lilcoffeebean.3149

lilcoffeebean.3149

Being able to exchange X amount for some form of currency would be nice. I doubt they would do it for black lion keys, but there are so many (too many) currencies in gw2, that I’m sure they could come up with something.

Please! This is supposed to be a happy occasion.
Let’s not bicker and argue over who killed who.
Lilcoffeebean~Yak’s Bend~Perfect Dark [PD]

Posted by: Aomine.5012

Aomine.5012

Pfft.. Talking about ignorence.

Anyway, I have 300 charges now and still feel like I don’t have enough because I’ve been changing some skins for funzie recently.

Attachments:

(edited by Aomine.5012)

Posted by: Manasa Devi.7958

Manasa Devi.7958

I feel your pain. I’m sitting at just 2 short of 200. Never bought one.

I don’t feel the need to use them very often. I tend to settle on looks for characters, and that’s quite a struggle. I rather dislike the personal equipment aesthetic of this game. When I try to settle on a look for a character, I often find myself resigned to having to find the least ugly option instead of the most striking.

Posted by: Cyninja.2954

Cyninja.2954

Just because you get a transmutation charge instead of a key does not mean it replaced the key.

Arenanet could remove transmutation charges from the loot table and not in any way change the amount of key you get. Just an fyi.

Be happy you have that many and stop complaining.

Posted by: SpyderArachnid.5619

SpyderArachnid.5619

Psh, I never get these things. I’m always at 0, unless I buy them.

I’ve already got map completion and I don’t PvP, so yeah. My chances of getting them are zero now. I either have to start doing PvP (which is something I don’t like), or I have to buy them from the Gem Store.

Be happy you get them. Seriously. I wish you could trade/sell these.

A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.
Lady Bethany Of Noh – Chronomancer – Lords of Noh [LoN]

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

…seriously?
Why would you want that? It’s not like Anet would replace them with keys.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: Albadaran.1283

Albadaran.1283

I love transmutaion charges, its for free! (Well I’m Dutch, we like everything for free hahaha)

Posted by: NecroN.8306

NecroN.8306

Really? I would have never thought this to be problem. EVER. With all the other actual problems that need solving this does not even register as a problem. In fact I love transmutation charges and feel it’s one of the winning aspects of the game.

Duke Nukem.6783

Why would be angry at getting them? Just let them stack in your bank and then delete them 250 at a time. Or double-click. Seems like a tiny thing to be upset over.

And of course they aren’t intended to be “worth a black lion key” — they are merely the standard reward for city completion and the usual reward for open world maps; BL keys are a nice bonus.

tl;dr wait, what?

maybe it wudnt bother me so much if they had buffed lion key drops enough when they nerfed key farming (again) but they didnt

now im stuck with tons of charges i dont need and i deserve to have another use for them

Duke Nukem.6783

kitten got another one!

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

At least it’s not Too Many Cooks.

If they gave us more armor skins that weren’t awful trenchcoats and ladyboy skirts they’d get a lot more usage.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Posted by: Andraus.3874

Andraus.3874

After you get to 1000 something magic happens.

Posted by: Orangensaft.7139

Orangensaft.7139

i wish i could get more

get 20+ chars and try different styles for everyone and then come back and say you get too many transmutation stones

We Glitched Out Of All [MAPS]
26x lvl 80 Characters
Most fabulous Character: http://i.imgur.com/5JtcBI1.jpg?1

Posted by: quacthulhu.2546

quacthulhu.2546

i wish i could get more

get 20+ chars and try different styles for everyone and then come back and say you get too many transmutation stones

Heck, just try it with 9 characters.

Character Slot avoided Riot.
- – - — -- — – - -

Posted by: Tigaseye.2047

Tigaseye.2047

I wish you could sell them to me on the TP…

I only do WvW and have to either map complete, or buy them with gems.

Just makes me not transmute as much as I otherwise would.

I don’t really get why they’re only farmable in PVP?

Why give one type of player too many of them and the others none at all?

Some people are simply never going to do full-on PVP, in this game, whatever the rewards,

Imagining they will, as long as you offer them endless transmutation charges, is incorrect.

“Turns out when people play the game, they don’t admire your feet at all.” sephiroth

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

tl;dr wait, what?

maybe it wudnt bother me so much if they had buffed lion key drops enough when they nerfed key farming (again) but they didnt

now im stuck with tons of charges i dont need and i deserve to have another use for them

Again, the reward for map completion is the xmute charge, not the key; that’s just a fun bonus.

And no, none of us “deserve” to have another use for them — if you can’t use them, ignore them.

Of course, if you want to take umbrage against such a minor issue, it’s your blood pressure and muscle tension.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”