too much loot in this game

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

log in reward, multiple daily rewards + seasonal/event bonus, wvw rewards plus bonus, loads of useless loot from everywhere, salvaging for days….

its getting really tiresome. sometimes i feel like im drowning in loot. i need air!

i understand that some games dont reward much loot at all, and im sure there are plenty of people that like all the loot in this game, but it really gets to be too much for me sometimes.

this thread is basically a re-hash of something i read. anyone else feel the same way?

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

Posted by: Jaymee.1560

Jaymee.1560

Since when was there such a thing as “too much loot”?

I use to be a Ritualist and a Paragon in my former life…

Posted by: Crysto.7089

Crysto.7089

There were threads nearly everyday complaining about a lack of loot and then anet went full kitten and we ended up with our current system. The real problem was a lack of intermediary valued loot. ex. Theres precursors and then theres everything else. There are a few bits and bobs here and there but your chances of getting anything beyond a rare and the occasional exotic are slim to none.

#1 Commander/Player NA: Promotions

Posted by: saalle.4623

saalle.4623

If u dont want loot,just trash them.

Posted by: Bran.7425

Bran.7425

I will accept any non-account or soul bound loot that you do not want.

Pets have been hidden due to rising Player complaints.

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

No, I don’t feel the same at all.

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?

Posted by: Dinks.2478

Dinks.2478

There is a lot of unneeded clicking to get my loot, but not too much loot.

Posted by: Aerinndis.2730

Aerinndis.2730

Can I have the loot you don’t want? Always a use for looties…..

Posted by: Akagami.9861

Akagami.9861

too much loot in this game? are we playing the same game?

Yes maybe there is a lot of loot, and my bags can’t handle it and it takes a lot of time and money to salvage everything…but i don’t think it counts as loot…it’s just…junk that i salvage for crafting materials…and it’s a lot cause it’s mostly worthless…except a few rares and exos…and ofc the big shiny prec…there isn’t much with a real value in this game…ohh weapon skins too…

now please stop this…maybe ANET gets some crazy ideas that we want even less loot…like chance for a blue item to be twice as big as chances for a precursor….

stop saying crazy stuff man!!!!

Posted by: felessan.9587

felessan.9587

I do wish that loot would be consolidated by value. Instead of four blues worth 90 copper each, give me one thing worth 3.6 silver or something. There’s a lot of stuff that drops that’s either vendor goods or salvage fodder. Maybe if unnamed Exotics dropped more frequently it would be nice?

Posted by: Zoltreez.6435

Zoltreez.6435

sooo only i want MORE LOOOOOOOOOOOOOT !?

a F2P game that gives TONS of free loot and stuff no matter what your doing.

and there are people complaining about it ? WHAAAAAAAT ?!

-Stellaris
-Total War: Warhammer
-Guild Wars 2

Posted by: Aomine.5012

Aomine.5012

The point is not about too many loots, but about too many loot “boxes”.
Just so many TYPES of loot boxes taking up all the spaces.
Also so many things are account bound that you can’t even put in your guild bank.

Posted by: Sligh.2789

Sligh.2789

I disagree with the free loots (laurels, mystic coins, etc) for just signing in, that is just ridiculous. I want to work for my loots, whether they are game currency or drops from enemies. I also want to be rewarded for hard work or extended timelines with better drop loot. I seem to have good luck with my drops, and I play in a way that I think helps that. Some do not agree with my way of thinking/playing, yet they complain that the RNG Gods do not like them. RNG Gods have ben very very good to me, so I will continue to play the way I play.

Posted by: Ardenwolfe.8590

Ardenwolfe.8590

Too much . . . loot? Um . . . you can send me your share if your feel overburdened.

Gone to Reddit.

Posted by: Teon.5168

Teon.5168

No such thing as too much loot. This has to be a troll post.

Forum discussions -
Mmo players with a screw loose vs mmo players with two screws loose. All very important stuff.
-Zenleto-

Posted by: Wahaha.7938

Wahaha.7938

Yeah compared to how it was at release there’s like 10 times (not an exaggeration) more loot. I don’t see the point of giving out so much stuff.

Posted by: vpchelko.4261

vpchelko.4261

This game about loot.

Posted by: Zephyra.4709

Zephyra.4709

I think OP means too much loot as in useless junk loot that clogs up inventory space that isn’t even worth half a silver.. As I seem to be getting a lot of that lately. But hey, that’s what it’s supposed to be in a way coz if most drops dropped rares then.. Same thing. Wouldn’t be so rare and would be devalued heaps.

Idk, just my thoughts.

Posted by: crystalpink.2487

crystalpink.2487

People these days always have something to complain about lol

In one post said Teq didn’t give enough loots, and this post said this game gives too much loots xD

Euphemia Hime (Elementalist), Pinky Pearl (Mesmer), Avicenia (Ranger), Vanille Morgana (Necromancer)
Chibi Asura San (Engineer), Hikaru Masai (Guardian), Selene Minerva (Revenant)
Guild: The Bunnies [Bun] ~ Server: Jade Quarry

Posted by: Lady Diamond Orchid.6154

Lady Diamond Orchid.6154

Hmmmm, the other day I got me a Chaos Gun (400g) from a champ, and then soon after, I got 2 exotic weapon drops from other champs in Eotm; ummmm, still not enough. I want more LOOT! Yes, more!

~ I’m not Lazy. I’m just on my energy saving mode. ~
Playing 5 different professions at the moment.

Posted by: Lifestealer.4910

Lifestealer.4910

The problem isn’t too much loot, the problem is salvaging them is a time consuming and a hazardous chore. This is even worse if you do not have a salvage o tron which means more time spend buying stacks of salvage kit while trying to manually salvage 1 blue at a time. Lots and lots of clicks needed just to salvage junk item since they couldn’t be bothered to release a salvage all feature.

Its gotten to a point where I feel like I have carpel tunnel syndrome having to click so many times.

Posted by: Azhure.1857

Azhure.1857

Since when was there such a thing as “too much loot”?

Attachments:

Isle of Janthir Megaserver

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

Now that personal story mobs no longer drop loot and they seem to have seriously scaled back the open world loot drops, too, there is less loot in this game than any I play.

Posted by: Lady Diamond Orchid.6154

Lady Diamond Orchid.6154

The problem isn’t too much loot, the problem is salvaging them is a time consuming and a hazardous chore. This is even worse if you do not have a salvage o tron which means more time spend buying stacks of salvage kit while trying to manually salvage 1 blue at a time. Lots and lots of clicks needed just to salvage junk item since they couldn’t be bothered to release a salvage all feature.

Its gotten to a point where I feel like I have carpel tunnel syndrome having to click so many times.

This means you are a semi-gamer. A true gamer has anti-carpel tunnel syndrome. Clicking so much is second to breathing. XD

~ I’m not Lazy. I’m just on my energy saving mode. ~
Playing 5 different professions at the moment.

Posted by: Mosharn.8357

Mosharn.8357

Too much loot? You mean too much random junk.

Posted by: NeedsFoodBadly.2671

NeedsFoodBadly.2671

I’ve heard some players complain because Anet increasing drop rates on certain items cut into their precious profits and instead of making like 1001g they only made like 1000g. How dare anyone else have a 0.1% chance of getting anything good!

But seriously, GW2 isn’t one of those “me, me, me, me, me!” type MMOs.

And yes to the previous posters, there is no such thing as too much loot. And if you think there is you can always just vendor it or MF it if you’re feeling lucky.

Remember: Don’t Shoot Food!

Posted by: Trixie.7614

Trixie.7614

If the loot results in Ascended crafting materials, then yes. I don’t want loot.

Glorious Human Master Race

Posted by: uncomfortably energetic.9153

uncomfortably energetic.9153

The issue isn’t really too much loot but too much worthless loot. with 200% mf before buffs running 1 dungeon path nets me ~ 100 salvages of wich I may get 1-2 rare from champ bags if Im lucky, (both of wich are better off salvaged than sold). The plethora of whites/blues and greens only contribute 10% of my daily silk needs and 90% of my Reppetative Salvage Related Injury.

Posted by: Arkinos.7245

Arkinos.7245

There is indeed too much loot, but thats because the game doesnt hand out the good stuff.

If the chance for relevant loot is close to zero, loot becomes a numbers game as you are flooded with trash. Being lucky means more trash for the salvage shredder, not getting useful items.

The fact that anet went with a random loot system for ascended quality means that there is basically only the trash up to exotics, and the god drops like pres. Nothing in between that can be handed out rarely exists. I still think ascended chests should be just that, not yxz weapon chest or abc weapon chest. Just a weapon chest, that allows picking both the type and the stats of weapons.

Posted by: FearedbytheGods.8617

FearedbytheGods.8617

OP is new to game?

‘2 blues and a green’

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

By design, ANet created a game which people would play because playing it is fun. Who disabused them of that notion? Who demanded loot? Who demanded rewards? Who said that content was not worth repeating without rewards? Who complained that the rewards that are in the game take too long to get?

Posted by: BlueOcean.5380

BlueOcean.5380

I’m actually playing this game to sightsee. Loots do present a hassle for me.