toypocalypse daily takes too long

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Duke Nukem.6783

Duke Nukem.6783

why do i have to get all the way to round 10? every other daily just makes me do ONE round of the minigames

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

You don’t have to do it. Also it’s effectively impossible to fail and is highly rewarding already.

Posted by: Ze Dos Cavalos.6132

Ze Dos Cavalos.6132

well I just did it, I spent the entire 10 rounds in the middle not doing anything and moving from time to time to not get kicked.

The other dailies options I have is skritt hit that doesn’t work at all and donate to 15 orphans that I never did and have no idea where they are, so toypocalipse my only option..

Takes too long for a simple daily and I dont have the patience to play 10 rounds so the other 4 players carry me easy..

[DIE] Death is Energy

Posted by: Cerby.1069

Cerby.1069

dont do it, eez. you all seem to be under the impersonation that anet is willling to improve upon the wintersday events, and that brilliant little suggestions might be incorporated into future iterations.

Well yuo are wrong. They haven’t been changed or modified in years. and they still have no intention of doing so now or in the near future. So vent all u want…..noone of value is reading.

I kill you in one gunflame, or I kill you in two.
The Tiny Yuno Sniper of Ebay [EBAY]

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

well I just did it, I spent the entire 10 rounds in the middle not doing anything and moving from time to time to not get kicked.

The other dailies options I have is skritt hit that doesn’t work at all and donate to 15 orphans that I never did and have no idea where they are, so toypocalipse my only option..

Takes too long for a simple daily and I dont have the patience to play 10 rounds so the other 4 players carry me easy..

Here you go. Orphan locations in Divinities Reach on a map. (Thanks to Dulfy)

Attachments:

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

There is an easy-to-follow map on the main page of the ‘Wintersday 2016’ entry in the Wiki (link above or accessed in-game [/Wiki]) for the donation orphans, and it takes maybe (shrug) 10-15 minutes? (Less time if you have learned the locations.)

Good luck.

Duke Nukem.6783

You don’t have to do it. Also it’s effectively impossible to fail and is highly rewarding already.

you are officially never allowed to complain or criticize anything ever again because……“you dont have to do it”

and highly rewarding? its less rewarding than any of the other minigames in terms of presents per hour

Posted by: Astraea.6075

Astraea.6075

If it’s too much bother or time involvement for you, then you also have the option of skipping it.

I’m not being flippant, as I found myself in the past obsessing over completing dailies with my ever reducing game time (real life has been interesting over the last few years) instead of just playing the parts of the game I enjoy. Once I gave up the completionist urge and accepted that there would be days where I wouldn’t get the daily reward, my enjoyment of my limited time in game improved dramatically.

I firmly believe that the grind in this game exists only if you play it that way. I play on a very casual basis, but I have geared one character in full ascended and am currently working on my first legendary without feeling like any of it has been a grind. I just play what I want to, do the dailies that are quick or fit with my plans, and make some progress every day that I login towards my long term goals.

(edited by Astraea.6075)

Fluffball.8307

you are officially never allowed to complain or criticize anything ever again because……“you dont have to do it”

Ok….? I’m not much of a whiner to begin with. Not going to whine about being forced to do a daily.

Posted by: Neural.1824

Neural.1824

Also it’s effectively impossible to fail and is highly rewarding already.

It wasn’t until this past week that I learned this. Not sure if it’s new or not, but I got into an instance that had zero Dolyaks left (at round 2 no less). I was bored, so I stuck around and just started building siege. Much to my surprise, we completed all the rounds and got the loot. I think the only thing that we didn’t get was the present drop at the end of each round.

As for “you don’t have to do it”, that concept may not be flawed but it is horribly weak. No-one has to do anything. We don’t even have to play. Anet doesn’t have to make a game.

Where are my gem sales? I want gem sales! Nerf EVERYTHING!

Fluffball.8307

As for “you don’t have to do it”, that concept may not be flawed but it is horribly weak. No-one has to do anything. We don’t even have to play. Anet doesn’t have to make a game.

Well there is no penalty for NOT doing it, and you also have like 14 other choices for completing your optional daily. I challenge you to find someone outside of this that cares “toypocalypse takes too long but also give me lots of video game gold.”

Posted by: Shaman.4513

Shaman.4513

don’t do it, 5 winter’s daily, u need 3.

Duke Nukem.6783

or…..we could ask for it to be improved

the skritt one is also broken and the orphan one is just a pain, not doing those ones either

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

the skritt one is also broken and the orphan one is just a pain, not doing those ones either

Orphan is a pain? really its 10-15 mins of running and giving presents to children.

Sure skritt hit is broken hence why I dont do that one and I dont enjoy the spvp so skip that to all others are easily done.

Find it kinda funny your starting this thread when another is on the first page complaning its to easy.

Edit

I guess you havent done any of the hot metas if this quick activity is to long for ya.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

why do i have to get all the way to round 10? every other daily just makes me do ONE round of the minigames

A lot of people probably read the the original post to be whining rather than a suggestion for how to improve things: it offers only a complaint.

A suggestion would read something like: “Next year, can we get credit for Toypacalypse daily after a single round? Or even after each Toxx kill? I’d like to see the reward-for-effort closer to the other activity-related dailies.”

I’ve never done Toypacalypse for the dailies for the very reason you’ve outlined: it takes longer than the others. All the same, I’ve never missed on the dailies because I didn’t want to spend 10 rounds of “smash & build.”

The skritt one isn’t broken: there are plenty of threads in these very forums explaining how to do it. (Simplest: head to Skrittsburgh; use Package of Snowballs.) It is, however, like Toypacalypse a lot more effort than similar dailies (hit 10x skritt, but only 3x other players).

The orphan one is only as big a pain as you make it, as others have noted above.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Kruhljak.2705

Kruhljak.2705

Orphan is a pain? really its 10-15 mins of running and giving presents to children.

If you can remember where your chosen orphans are (who cares about the reset of the little urchins?!), you can do it in 3-4 minutes, if not faster with good mobility.

Posted by: ShinjoNaomi.1896

ShinjoNaomi.1896

-facepalms-
You’re too lazy to do the Dailies, then you don’t get the rewards for it.
Too bad for you.

“If half as many people were half as brave in real life as they were online…
… The human race would never have to worry about be oppressed again.”
I think trolls should have their computers smashed. ’Its all part of the game. U mad bro?’

Posted by: drunkenpilot.9837

drunkenpilot.9837

-facepalms-
You’re too lazy to do the Dailies, then you don’t get the rewards for it.
Too bad for you.

This, absolutely. There are 5 Wintersday dailies to choose from, not including the 10 (15?) other non-Wintersday dailies you could do.

If you don’t want to spend the brief amount of time it takes to get the Wintersday dailies completed, you don’t gain progress on the Wintersday daily meta achieve and thus you won’t get the gift skins. If you want the skins, do the dailies.

If you don’t want to do any of the other dailies on offer, you don’t get the 2g and 10AP. Want the gold and achievement points? Do the dailies.

The entitlement in these daily threads always irks me. It would be different if dailies took a few hours to complete, but c’mon guys, it takes at most 20 minutes to do this stuff (and usually you can have them done much, much faster).

Also, skip dailies sometimes if you feel it becoming too much of a chore. As someone else said earlier in this thread, by realizing that sometimes you just don’t have the time nor the inclination to complete your daily achievements, you might actually start to enjoy yourself more. The game will feel like less of a ‘checklist of things to complete’ and more like, well, a game.

Life goes on.