trading post lockout

trading post lockout

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: BearsgoMeow.1053

BearsgoMeow.1053

I purchased this alt account to join friends on the NA servers in WvW that have just recently moved there, i opted to make a new account instead, now this is only for WvW so i instantly leveled upto 80 got my gear and off i could go, except for the fact that i found out that the trading post is locked on me, for 4 days though im sure its past that now but anyway 19hours to go, none the less it is somewhat debilitating when trying to set up a new character with different gear sets and foods and other creature comforts etc etc that im used to on my main account, i have verified this account and all that jazz but i dont like the idea of having services withheld from me after i have purchased the game, not happy about it at all. I dont remember seeing any warnings of this and it certainly (as best i remember) wasnt around when i purchased the game when it first came out.

trading post lockout

Posted by: Hannelore.8153

Hannelore.8153

Doesn’t it go away if you verify your account? Its to prevent gold farmers, bots and other things like that from destroying the game’s econemy.

Daisuki [SUKI] LGBT-Friendly Guild Leader | NA – Jade Quarry
I’m usually really sweet… but this an internet forum and you know how it has to be.
/i’m a lesbiab… lesbiam… less bien… GIRLS/

(edited by Hannelore.8153)

trading post lockout

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

There’s a number of timegates on new accounts, mostly to prevent crooks from laundering funds using them, after purchasing the game via stolen card etc. So there are limits on trading, for example.

There are all sorts of warnings about it in various places, but even when I know about them, I usually forget/don’t notice until I try to do something and go “oh yeah, that’s a block”.

Obviously it’s inconvenient for new players, especially those trying to take immediate advantage of the L80 booster. However, it would be a lot worse for the game if we didn’t have the restrictions. Life in the age of hacking. :/

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

trading post lockout

Posted by: Berelious.3290

Berelious.3290

All of the warnings are in the fine print, easily overlooked. Most things on a new account unlock between 72 hours and a week after activation.

Corwin Grimjaw: Guardian (80)
Yak’s Bend Server
Crimethink [ct]

trading post lockout

Posted by: nacario.9417

nacario.9417

First you have to wait 4 or 5 days after purchase, then you have to wait a full month for them to unlock you being able to recieve and send stuff.

Power Ranger PvP
I used to be a power ranger, now not sure anymore

trading post lockout

Posted by: Faaris.8013

Faaris.8013

I think this policy needs an update. When I use my credit card to purchase the game, then PoF, and regularly purchase gems with that credit card, always from the same network, logged in with 2-factor authentification, and then buy a second account using the same means, probably with the same email-address…well, then I should be able to use all features the service I payed for provides, from day 1.

They even get my mobile phone number, which I use for both accounts, so they could actually get a confirmation that I really intended to make that purchase.

In the case where a hacker gets all these information and physical access to your devices at home, there’s a good chance he can wait 4 days to proceed with his scam anyway.

For new players, I don’t think it’s a big deal. When I started, I didn’t use the TP anyway, I had nothing of value to trade. I just played the story and explored. But there should be a way to remove the restrictions from people who pay their bills for years and buy another account.

Herleve – Ruins of Surmia

trading post lockout

Posted by: BearsgoMeow.1053

BearsgoMeow.1053

I think this policy needs an update. When I use my credit card to purchase the game, then PoF, and regularly purchase gems with that credit card, always from the same network, logged in with 2-factor authentification, and then buy a second account using the same means, probably with the same email-address…well, then I should be able to use all features the service I payed for provides, from day 1.

They even get my mobile phone number, which I use for both accounts, so they could actually get a confirmation that I really intended to make that purchase.

In the case where a hacker gets all these information and physical access to your devices at home, there’s a good chance he can wait 4 days to proceed with his scam anyway.

For new players, I don’t think it’s a big deal. When I started, I didn’t use the TP anyway, I had nothing of value to trade. I just played the story and explored. But there should be a way to remove the restrictions from people who pay their bills for years and buy another account.

Yes both my accounts are verified and linked to the same phone, my main account has been around since the beginning.

trading post lockout

Posted by: Xbon.9086

Xbon.9086

you bought a new account, you’re a new player, period. it could be another person in the house using it, even if you go through all the work to prove it’s you using it, your week timer for newbie still will be over

trading post lockout

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

Keep in mind that even if you unlock the trading post after a few days/week on a f2p account, you will only be able to buy and sell a limited amount of different items, for example basic materials or crafted gear. Lots of stuff, like containers, fluff items etc will be greyed out and you wont be able to trade them unless you upgrade that account.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.