transmutation stones

transmutation stones

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Nightcore.5621

Nightcore.5621

I have 5 of the same armor stats just another skin and 1000 of weapon in bank just for the skin a world whit out transmutation stones would be a better world please

transmutation stones

Posted by: Hevoskuuri.3891

Hevoskuuri.3891

I agree, and have always agreed. The transmutation charge system is really unfair, when PvP’rs get hundreds of them and you practically don’t get them anywhere else. 2 charges per a 8-hour WvW track is ridiculous, and one possibly drops when you complete a map.

As I seriously doubt they bring much of a cash flow either for Anet, they should remove them or place a permanent TM stone in the gem shop for 800 or 1000 gems. I’m sure alot of people would be happy.

transmutation stones

Posted by: Nightcore.5621

Nightcore.5621

I agere 100% what you Are sayin

transmutation stones

Posted by: Nikal.4921

Nikal.4921

This transmutation stone system is outdated and clunky, and really holds back players who don’t PvP and like to get creative, experiment, change up as mood dictates. Every game I’ve played previously allows players to change their clothes for free. And some even store looks (wardrobe slots). Let’s get with the times! How can this be Fashion Wars 2 with such limitations?

transmutation stones

Posted by: Kako.1930

Kako.1930

They nerfed how many you get in PvP and you can farm them easily by just doing exploration on the starter city maps over and over. Just keep one character slot open and you can get 6 in like 30 mins, rinse and repeat.

transmutation stones

Hevoskuuri.3891

They nerfed how many you get in PvP and you can farm them easily by just doing exploration on the starter city maps over and over. Just keep one character slot open and you can get 6 in like 30 mins, rinse and repeat.

Boring, useless exploration over and over again just to change your clothes. 6 in 30 minutes hardly seems worthwhile.

This is exactly why we need to get rid of the TM system. Seriously, there’s so many good suggestions Anet could think of:

-remove the TM stones entirely and switch skins with no cost
-make them dirt cheap in the gem store (1 gem per 1 charge), or let us buy in bulks (i.e 700 gems for 500 stones)
-sell an account-wide permanent stone for 1000 gems
-make them tradeable so those who never change their looks can sell away their hundreds of charges
-at the very least make them easier to obtain, like being able to buy them with tomes/gold/karma/whatever.

This is a nightmare for us who, like someone above said, want to experiment and regularly change our skins. The only reliable way to get them is to waste gold on gems, buy with real money, or go to PvP when the season is active.

transmutation stones

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

Play PvP or buy them.

That’s how it is intended to work.

Server: Devona’s Rest

transmutation stones

Posted by: thuras.4537

thuras.4537

jup, clunky system, which keeps me away from changing skins.

Seeing a Charr burn gives a whole new perspective to the word charcoal

transmutation stones

mtpelion.4562

Play PvP or buy them.

That’s how it is intended to work.

Yeah. Also, women can’t go to work or vote, racial and religious diversity is not allowed, and worshipping false gods will see you hang. Because this is how it’s intended to work. And what’s intended to work must be good and right.

Oh wait, that was hundreds of years ago! Silly me.

Real cute attempt a false equivalency there.

I’ll agree with the last sentence of your post though.

transmutation stones

Posted by: Jahroots.6791

Jahroots.6791

Real cute attempt a false equivalency there.

I’ll agree with the last sentence of your post though.

No, it’s a perfectly valid (if a bit dramatic) assessment of your logic.

‘Accept the system because it has been intentionally established’

I definitely agree that the wardrobe system should be revisited though. It’s not terribly difficult to obtain transmutation charges, but changing looks feels a little restrictive. We ought to be able to play around freely with the skins we’ve unlocked, not sit and think about whether it’s worth losing one look for another.

transmutation stones

mtpelion.4562

ArenaNet sets the policy as such because they want to incentivize people to play PvP or buy with real cash. They have two goals and the current policy works to move people towards those goals.

If you want to propose a revision, it will also need to comply with those goals.

This is not an example of the people petitioning the government for redress of grievances. This is would be an example of customers demanding free items from a business. When inside the game, ArenaNet is the sole owner and entitled to do as they please. You have no rights.

transmutation stones

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Most people don’t feel the need to change skins much. Very few want to change them regularly. There are plenty of xmute charges available for the first group; ANet is asking the rest to pay, either in cash or coin.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

transmutation stones

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

Most people don’t feel the need to change skins much. Very few want to change them regularly. There are plenty of xmute charges available for the first group; ANet is asking the rest to pay, either in cash or coin.

Or simply be patient. Daily log-in rewards also grace a few charges every month. (I don’t recall the actual number.)

And since PvE dailies are still half trash, there’s always PvP daily rooms if a player wants to surf a reward track for more charges.

Not that I would be against a permanent item, but you can bet it’d either be at least 2000 gems (maybe 2500) or it’d be a super-rare, ultra-expensive drop from a Black Lion Chest.

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

transmutation stones

Posted by: Kumouta.4985

Kumouta.4985

make a character and complete cities if you want transmutation charges so badly.
You only need the stupid amount you get from PvP if you change style every five seconds.

I can apply over 3 stacks of bleeding.

(edited by Kumouta.4985)

transmutation stones

Hevoskuuri.3891

ArenaNet sets the policy as such because they want to incentivize people to play PvP or buy with real cash. They have two goals and the current policy works to move people towards those goals.

If you want to propose a revision, it will also need to comply with those goals.

So what’s wrong with my proposal of introducing a permanent TM charge in the gem store for 1000 gems? I am quite sure this would actually increase the cash flow, since plenty of people from previous similar threads seem to be struggling with low amount of charges and little ways of getting them outside PvP. At the current price of 150 gems minimum, I dare to say not many players put real money into it, but rather buy them with gold instead. A 1000 gem pricetag would likely pull in more paying customers, and generally make everyone struggling with this happy.

It’s like the special access passes. You can buy a temporary one for 150 gems, and a permanent one for a higher price.

That’s where the problem lies. Those who don’t change much gather hundreds of charges that are essentially useless to them. But for those who do want to change their looks often, there’s simply no easy option for that. Since one of the core elements of the endgame is indeed fashion, restricting it like this feels very wrong to me.

transmutation stones

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

The 39 a year from login rewards and 1 a week from exploring DR with my keyfarmer is more than enough for me. Not to mention they are one of the cheapest things on the Gem Shop.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

transmutation stones

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

I like to change my characters’ looks very often. Making a keyfarming character once a week and map completing all of the cities, combined with any I might get from log-in rewards and my weekly keys, is more than enough for me. I wouldn’t be against a permanent transmutation charge being sold in the gem store, but it’d probably cost more than 1000 gems (and rightly so).

transmutation stones

Posted by: Anchoku.8142

Anchoku.8142

Transmutation stones used to only be available through the gem store. Fashion Wars is a large part of revenue.

transmutation stones

mtpelion.4562

So what’s wrong with my proposal of introducing a permanent TM charge in the gem store for 1000 gems? I am quite sure this would actually increase the cash flow, since plenty of people from previous similar threads seem to be struggling with low amount of charges and little ways of getting them outside PvP. At the current price of 150 gems minimum, I dare to say not many players put real money into it, but rather buy them with gold instead. A 1000 gem pricetag would likely pull in more paying customers, and generally make everyone struggling with this happy.

It’s like the special access passes. You can buy a temporary one for 150 gems, and a permanent one for a higher price.

That’s where the problem lies. Those who don’t change much gather hundreds of charges that are essentially useless to them. But for those who do want to change their looks often, there’s simply no easy option for that. Since one of the core elements of the endgame is indeed fashion, restricting it like this feels very wrong to me.

A more realistic idea would be to have a Permanent Skin Unlock Stone that applies to a single skin that you use it on, making that skin permanently free to apply. A realistic price would be 300 gems.

transmutation stones

Posted by: Moonyeti.3296

Moonyeti.3296

A more realistic idea would be to have a Permanent Skin Unlock Stone that applies to a single skin that you use it on, making that skin permanently free to apply. A realistic price would be 300 gems.

Nice! Good middle ground between revenue fir Anet and quality of life for players.

transmutation stones

Posted by: BlaqueFyre.5678

BlaqueFyre.5678

Hmm let’s see people complain that Pvp get more charges, yet it is one of the worst Gamemodes for getting gear and Gold, while all other Gamemodes get all of those a lot easier, like getting well over 50g in one hour of PvE…. just saying Transmutation charges are an optional thing that provide a convenience, they are not necessary for anything in game unlike Gear and Gold……

transmutation stones

Posted by: xikira.3264

xikira.3264

Another possible idea is add them to the world boss chest where you get one per a world boss per a day. Or even add it to the event maps in hot where if you reach 100% participation and sucsessfully complete the meta you get a charge. Another thing they can do it after a certain amount of keeeps you claim in wvw you get a transmute. It would be nice if they put a permanant transmute on the gem store though. The way it is set up right now is hard for people that play wvw they only get 2 transmutes in 8 hrs. They would have to do exploration in pve which is time consuming or do pvp. A lot of people do not enjoy pvp it just isnt their game mode of choice. It is also hard for pve’s after exploring and mapping so much it becomes mind numbing and a hastle. Plus exploration will only give you a certain amount. If you map on all your toons 100% and you run out of transmutes. You are forced to either erase a toon, by a new slot, or play pvp or wvw. The way the system is done is extremly outdated.

“My potions are too strong for you, traveler.”
Potion Sella