triple trouble: the power of one guild

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Dinks.2478

Dinks.2478

More people who just log in and expect other people to organize for them. Guess what you wanted to raid in WoW? You joined a guild and participated and people volunteered to run the raid and organize and you’d all get on a voip to coordinate. If you’re too lazy to coordinate yourself then you will follow the instructions of the people who will coordinate and do what they say or you won’t get in. Nobody is stopping you from forming your own guild and killing Triple Trouble by yourselves, only you are because you’re too lazy to learn the fight enough to coordinate with other people.

Posted by: Windsagio.1340

Windsagio.1340

More people who just log in and expect other people to organize for them. Guess what you wanted to raid in WoW? You joined a guild and participated and people volunteered to run the raid and organize and you’d all get on a voip to coordinate. If you’re too lazy to coordinate yourself then you will follow the instructions of the people who will coordinate and do what they say or you won’t get in. Nobody is stopping you from forming your own guild and killing Triple Trouble by yourselves, only you are because you’re too lazy to learn the fight enough to coordinate with other people.

I barely care about triple trouble, but this ‘do it yourself’ stuff from people who almost assuredly are just following in is a little silly.

It’s a classic pat response, and everyone knows that it’s not only substantially more difficult and time-intensive to try to organize a guild that does that kind of thing, it also requires more than a little bit of luck to make it stick.

~~~

Again though, even though its in no way required content. If guilds are exploiting the megaserver system in order to exclude people from content, that’s a legitimate issue either on those guilds side or on Anets side.

it’s on Anet if the exclusion is actually required to complete the content, they need to rework the encounter.

It’s on the guilds if they’re forcing the servers and it’s not really required to defeat the event.

(edited by Windsagio.1340)

Posted by: Leo Paul.1659

Leo Paul.1659

I barely care about triple trouble, but this ‘do it yourself’ stuff from people who almost assuredly are just following in is a little silly.

It’s a classic pat response, and everyone knows that it’s not only substantially more difficult and time-intensive to try to organize a guild that does that kind of thing, it also requires more than a little bit of luck to make it stick.

~~~

Again though, even though its in no way required content. If guilds are exploiting the megaserver system in order to exclude people from content, that’s a legitimate issue either on those guilds side or on Anets side.

it’s on Anet if the exclusion is actually required to complete the content, they need to rework the encounter.

It’s on the guilds if they’re forcing the servers and it’s not really required to defeat the event.

Ever since Anet introduced Guild World Events, I think Anet indirectly gave an indirect sanction towards forced instances. I’m not sure whether this is intended, but I don’t think they are exploiting if they choose to do so however questionable it might be ethically (by purposely excluding people outside their guilds). They are using their guilds resources after all. I’m still on the fence regarding timed/normal encounters though. /shrug

Queen Of The Moors (Blackgate)
Deaths Fear [Fear] / The Hardcore Caravan [HC]
Forum Warrior: Black Belt in Ninja Edits

Posted by: sirian.4981

sirian.4981

In short, you want people to carry you

If we’re going to go there, then I will say that you can easily be carried, even with making the commitment to get on a third party voice chat and listen to someone call out instructions in your ear.

Don’t act like it takes any great amount of personal skill to listen to a voice in your ear and follow the herd.

As far as I can tell, wurm requires a handful of skilled players, strong coordination to kill the heads at the right time, and a bunch of zerglings with good gear and the ability to follow instructions. Go ahead and correct me if I’m wrong, but I seriously doubt I am.

All I’m saying is that if you are “joining” in an organized raid and you’re not the one organizing the raid, at least put an effort to follow the rules they set.

People who act like “I wanna do this but I don’t like going to TS but TS is required wa wa wa” annoys me. Show some respect to the organizers by following their instructions. Not like they are getting paid.

It’s like posting for lfg – “zerk only” and some cleric dude joins, got kicked and QQ’s that the party is elitist. Duh.

big guilds making rules like that is a dangerous trend to get into, today its voice chat maybe tomorrow its a malicious website, its an exploitable thing to have so much power in an outside organization

You’re over thinking it.

It’s not like TTS requires 100% rep. They are not some kind of Illuminati, you know.

So, if you don’t want to join TS, don’t. No one can make you use it by force anyways. But please, don’t QQ if TTS leaves map and leaves you behind. Their raid, their requirements.

TTS is pretty cool and I have nothing against them. My main issue is that map jumping games are not fun. You show up 30+ minutes early in order to get on comms and jump maps just to have a chance to get into a tts raid. Certainly not TTS’s fault, but its boring.

This is an issue that Arenanet should deal with.

Posted by: sirian.4981

sirian.4981

Map stuffing seems a bit, well ‘unintended’ if it’s actually happening.

If it’s happening and necessary, they probably blew their tuning on the event.

Its not strictly necessary, but it makes worm a lot easier. You can succeed on worm with fewer people and some pugs, but you have a much higher chance of failure.

Its definitely something that Arenanet did not intend. I would like for a better system, but its difficult to solve. I don’t think making it easier would necessarily be an improvement. Any fight that is hard enough it can’t be zerged will benefit from map stacking. If you want hard rewarding open world events in the game, then this will happen under the current system.