uhm... how?

uhm... how?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Steve Whitley.8359

Steve Whitley.8359

we’ve had (heard a lot of complaints about certain activities) and i log in and see this.

but nothing is ever done about stuff the illegit stuff. almost like its just condoned.

i just cant see how this type of stuff is done and arena net not do anything about it unless they really just dont care (or there is a legit way to get on top of these things in wvw).

Attachments:

Old Janx // [THG] Jade Quarry / Seafarer’s Rest
secessit viri bellatores

(edited by Steve Whitley.8359)

uhm... how?

Posted by: Lazaar.9123

Lazaar.9123

If the person doing it is doing something against the rules, report them in-game under botting so an in-game GM knows about it.

uhm... how?

Steve Whitley.8359

nobody saw anything, we found it them that way.

secessit viri bellatores

uhm... how?

Posted by: Nyta.4769

Nyta.4769

First one you can do legitimately with an ele + mesmer (or at least, used to. Been a long time since I’ve gotten on top of those things, so not sure if any invis walls were added.) Not sure how the second one’s done; never tried to get on top of the portals before. lol

uhm... how?

Posted by: Lorgus.6148

Lorgus.6148

As other users have mentioned it is not a clear cut case of hacking. Clever portal use may have allowed this to occur legitimately.

uhm... how?

Posted by: Squee.7829

Squee.7829

Looks like someone was just being silly or trolling. There is literally no way for people to ever stop that. If it bothers you THAT much, report it, and you can do away with that one particular troll (if you can catch them in action), but there will be another to replace it next week. The complete inability to control the minds and actions of its players is not “bad programming” or lazy developing. Unless you happen to have some precogs lying around they can use.

Leader and sole member of the “Bring Penguins to Tyria” movement.

uhm... how?

Posted by: serenke.4806

serenke.4806

Haha, that’s creative.

uhm... how?

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

First one you can do legitimately with an ele + mesmer (or at least, used to. Been a long time since I’ve gotten on top of those things, so not sure if any invis walls were added.) Not sure how the second one’s done; never tried to get on top of the portals before. lol

If you pay attention, two of the golems in the second picture are actually hovering in air.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

uhm... how?

Posted by: GuzziHero.2467

GuzziHero.2467

If you pay attention, two of the golems in the second picture are actually hovering in air.

That is called Collision Volume. Imagine an invisible box around every item with a contact area which you can’t pass through. Stand on any object and you can be mostly off the thing visually before you fall. Items which aren’t intended to be walked on can have larger collision volumes.

uhm... how?

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

Unless the opposing maps can somehow get in and take over control of the golems I can’t see this as an exploit or even an issue.
Looks kind of cool and took quite a bit of trial and error I am sure to figure it out. Since whoever did it needed to pay for the golems can’t see how anyone can lose.

uhm... how?

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

The question is, were these Golems parked at spawn for safe keeping and a troll moved them on the owner? Or, did someone build these and then leave them there themself? If it was a troll, then they really should get banned. As I can imagine the most likely scenario was that the golems were parked for future use and an enemy fly hacker moved them like this.

Makes me wish there was a Guild Garage instance at spawn.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

(edited by DeWolfe.2174)

uhm... how?

Steve Whitley.8359

it was done in a matter of seconds (refresh timers all the same). i wp’d in, they were all at spawn, i ran out to meet the zerg at garrison, i ran into sw tower to take supply (it was empty) started for sw camp and noticed they all wp’d back. when i wp’d back to spawn they were all where you see them. my question is 1. is it actually possible, if it is… kitten … if its not, then 2. something needs to be done about this type of thing imo.

the programming comment was about hobo commander event not starting even though there’s like 40 ppl standing on him (unless you all move outside his range, then back on him again, not anything to do w/ the golems, and yea, as a programmer myself, i’ll stand by that comment as i have some of those myself).

secessit viri bellatores