umm ANET you forgot something.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Rikimaru.7890

Rikimaru.7890

Yes you forgot to add a way to obtain Sigils of Mischief and Runes of Snowfall.
Superior Sigil of Mischief was 1g yesterday and it went up to 3g today.
Probably because today is the day a lot of new players need it for Sous-Chef Seimur Oxbone to get 3rd food for Grawnk.

Also very soon a lot of people will be completing Winter’s Presence collection, for which they will need 50 Superior Sigils of Mischief to make Essence of Mischief, and 50 Superior Runes of Snowfall for Essence of Snowfall.
Doesn’t really concern me as I already did Winter’s Presence last year and fed Grawnk 2 years ago. But very soon the price will skyrocket even more and a lot of players will not have a very merry wintersday.

So can you please add them back into the presents? Or give some other way to acquire them? Like a new merchant that sells them for Snowflakes and/or Karma?

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

There are mystic forge recipes for each.

Additionally, prices might be high today because people are anxious to get their shinies today. But prices will go back down, as they did this past year. Only a few parts of the collection need to be finished this month.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Aku Punksha.1542

Aku Punksha.1542

Don’t agree. The recipes exist but they cost even higher prices (ie 4 mystic coins for 1 sigil or rune) than buying off TP for 3 gold. And your theory of prices coming down later – why would that be the case, because there is no new supply except for new creation at more than ;4 gold per sigil.

Maybe Anet thought there was sufficient supply to leave out this year, but they should know that no supply of a highly needed item = smart entrepreneur taking profits. Hopefully they wake up and put some supply of sigils back in the presents.

Posted by: Rin of Rivvinda.4971

Rin of Rivvinda.4971

i agree this is something that needs adressing. I opened plenty of gifts but indeed no sigil drops at all, thus it won’t be long before the prizes on the TP match those of the 4 mystic coin mystic forge recipe. Also don’t forget that you need 50 sigils and 50 runes for the Winter’s Presence collection NEXT to the 150 mystic coins it already need for the Essence of Mischief (50) Essence of Snowfall (50) and Magnanimous Obsidian Crystal (50). If you have to forge all the sigils that would be 550!! mystic coins for it which is way more then you need for a legendary weapon….

If nothing is done… chances are that either a lot of players are going to be disapointed after they finally have the wintersday drinks part done… (+ likely push up Mistic coin prizes even higher).

The event line for the tree is intended for all i think and should not require such an expensive item (last year prizes were 1 silver or less).

Vin Lady Venture, of The Rising Falcons [RiFa]
member of the Fissure of Woe (FoW) community

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

As someone who actually uses Sigils of Mischief on one characters’ weapons…

Agreed, they need to add the sigils and runes back into Wintersday Gifts. Either as straight drops or in the form of the Conquerer kits from last year. It seems weird that they removed them in first place, maybe a simple oversight. If they for some reason wanted to make the Winter’s Presence items harder to get (which I don’t believe is the case since they did other things to make them easier to get, like adding the Rare quality drinks which give 10x credit towards the drink achieve) then Sigils and Runes aren’t the way to go about it.

Probably won’t happen this year. I don’t really expect they’re going to be doing much changing to the Wintersday content this year. But certainly something for next year.

Posted by: Essence Snow.3194

Essence Snow.3194

They need to get a team together and go over recipes as a whole. There are a lot in the game which, due to other changes, have become ridiculous.

Serenity now~Insanity later

Posted by: Rashagar.8349

Rashagar.8349

Yeah I’m praying it’s an oversight that gets patched, but if not then I doubt my characters will be having a white Wintersday.

Maybe not even a drunk Wintersday…

Posted by: Zaron.1987

Zaron.1987

I ve already bought sigills and runes yesterday for my winters presence. would be unfair for that one already bouhgt it if anet fix it now :O

So pls no fix during this wintersday, do it next year when you fix the instance is full error

Posted by: Neural.1824

Neural.1824

Yeah I’m praying it’s an oversight that gets patched, but if not then I doubt my characters will be having a white Wintersday.

Maybe not even a drunk Wintersday…

Very unlikely it is an oversight at all. Anet won’t touch Mystic Coins because apparently everyone and their brother has 200 stacks of them just sitting in their guild bank.
People aren’t going to just magically dump them on the market like John Smith seems to think is going to happen. As the price goes up, they will continue to hoard them because the high end cosmetic stuff (Like legendary weapons, and potentially legendary armor) require so many Mystic Coins.
People aren’t hoarding them to flip on the TP for profit, they are hoarding them for future use so they don’t have to spend hundreds of gold to make the items they want to make.
As he said a few months ago in a thread about the economy. They aren’t going to touch it (what exactly he is being paid to do is beyond me if he’s the economist and his current stance is to not do anything to the economy).

Where are my gem sales? I want gem sales! Nerf EVERYTHING!

Posted by: Aisling.2340

Aisling.2340

These not showing up this year is extremely disappointing.

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

They do drop from gifts. They just have a really low drop rate this time around (i got maybe two of those since the beginning of the event).
(not sure though whether they drop from normal gifts or personalized ones, as i just open both types without checking what came from which)

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

They do drop from gifts. They just have a really low drop rate this time around (i got maybe two of those since the beginning of the event).
(not sure though whether they drop from normal gifts or personalized ones, as i just open both types without checking what came from which)

The preview option shows that regular gifts only drop the Sigil of Generosity, which is not used in the recipes. (It has a drop rate of ~4 per 10,000, so yes, very low.)

The personalized gifts also only drop the same sigil, at a higher rate (‘uncommon’ rather than ‘rare’).

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Astralporing.1957

The preview option shows that regular gifts only drop the Sigil of Generosity, which is not used in the recipes. (It has a drop rate of ~4 per 10,000, so yes, very low.)

The personalized gifts also only drop the same sigil, at a higher rate (‘uncommon’ rather than ‘rare’).

Oh, okay, must have confused those.

Actions, not words.

Posted by: Rikimaru.7890

Rikimaru.7890

Ok so a while back I wrote here about the Sigils of Mischief and Runes of Snowfall missing from the presents this year:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/umm-ANET-you-forgot-something/first#post6433700

Now as it turns out the Minor versions are available for a bit of karma and 1s.
But here is the rub – to turn them into superior versions you need A LOT of Mystic Coins.
1 Superior Rune requires 6 Mystic coins to achieve by elevating it from Minor ones.
So to get 50 required for Winter’s Presence you need 300 coins. But wait there is more!
To get 1 Superior Sigil of Mischief through elevating Minor versions requires 20 Mystic Coins. So yes to get the required 50 it would require (drum roll) 1000 Mystic Coins.
So that is 1300 Mystic Coins or 1450 if we include the 150 that is always required.
For now this isn’t a real problem as there are still leftovers from last year.
But sooner or later they will run out and then we will have Major Sigils of mischief which cost around 4g on TP and superior ones which are +16g.
Or even more as once event is over the Minor Runes/Sigils may go up in price too.
So yes those that don’t have Winter’s Presence yet have a wonderful future ahead of them.

Posted by: Towatha.4671

Towatha.4671

I want them to address this publically. I feel burned that they changed this – I sunk hours into the jp to collect their inflated amount of drinks then they go and eliminate the sigil/rune drops.

Unhappy customer, I won’t be wearing my gw2 cap in game for a very very long time. Disappointed.

Posted by: Jwake.7013

Jwake.7013

Very odd they made this change, which significantly altered how you can go after an achievement and they don’t say a word, even after many threads made and most of the way through the festival now and not even an explanation on why the change. Very disappointed.

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Looking at the charts for both the rune and sigil it’s my impression that players simply did not take advantage of the low prices for both before Wintersday started. It’s not like this was an unknown quantity, the collection for the shoulder piece hadn’t changed and you could craft the gifts off season.

Did players honestly think the price was going to drop below the 25-30s each once Wintersday started, that was last year’s price.

One possible positive outcome is since fewer players are able to progress with the gifts, the drinks are now extremely cheap. It’s quite possible that overall the cost of Winter’s Presence is actually cheaper now than before Wintersday started.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

Looking at the charts for both the rune and sigil it’s my impression that players simply did not take advantage of the low prices for both before Wintersday started. It’s not like this was an unknown quantity, the collection for the shoulder piece hadn’t changed and you could craft the gifts off season.

Did players honestly think the price was going to drop below the 25-30s each once Wintersday started, that was last year’s price.

One possible positive outcome is since fewer players are able to progress with the gifts, the drinks are now extremely cheap. It’s quite possible that overall the cost of Winter’s Presence is actually cheaper now than before Wintersday started.

Its less about players “not taking advantage” of buying sigils before Wintersday, and more about the fact that they no longer drop. Players didn’t have any reason to suspect they wouldn’t drop this year, and they panicked when, about a week ago, there were less than 100 sup sigils on the TP.

Astralporing.1957

No. the players, however, did honestly think that the sigil and rune will be obtainable during the event in the normal way.
Turns out, players were mistaken on that, but it’s hardly their fault, as it was a reasonable assumption.

It’s quite possible that overall the cost of Winter’s Presence is actually cheaper now than before Wintersday started.

No, it isn’t. Quite the opposite.

Actions, not words.

Posted by: Pifil.5193

Pifil.5193

If the market got flooded with new sigil and runes like last year then yeah, the price would drop; the price of drinks halved after all, why shouldn’t the price of sigils and runes? But arena net removed them as drops for one reason or another so the price rose instead.

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

If the market got flooded with new sigil and runes like last year then yeah, the price would drop; the price of drinks halved after all, why shouldn’t the price of sigils and runes? But arena net removed them as drops for one reason or another so the price rose instead.

But the market didnt get flooded last year because they already took the superior runes and sigils off the wintersday gift loot table and the pvp reward track last year. Just nobody cried about that fact because they only contributed 30g to the overall costs of WP.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

Astralporing.1957

But the market didnt get flooded last year because they already took the superior runes and sigils off the wintersday gift loot table and the pvp reward track last year. Just nobody cried about that fact because they only contributed 30g to the overall costs of WP.

Indeed, the original problem was relatively small, when viewed within the context of economic conditions at that time. It became much, much bigger because those conditions changed. And Anet didn’t bother to correct the situation. Most likely, because they (as usual) simply forgot about it.

Actions, not words.

Wanze.8410

Indeed, the original problem was relatively small, when viewed within the context of economic conditions at that time. It became much, much bigger because those conditions changed. And Anet didn’t bother to correct the situation. Most likely, because they (as usual) simply forgot about it.

Yeah, i totally agree. They should have reintroduced new supply apart from the forge recipe this year and my guess would also be that it was an overnight. I just didnt like the argument that was brought up by several posters who thought the community could expect them dropping because they also dropped last year, which isnt true.

They wont change anything this wintersday anymore, so the big question will be, if they will change it next wintersday. If no new faucet is introduced, they will most definately reach forging value in 12 months time.

(edited by Wanze.8410)

Posted by: Pifil.5193

Pifil.5193

Just to clarify, by last year I mean wintersday 2015 when you could still get them from the personalised gifts.

Wanze.8410

Just to clarify, by last year I mean wintersday 2015 when you could still get them from the personalised gifts.

True, I forgot the personalized gifts.