unbound magic reduced by 40%?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: william dj.6953

william dj.6953

Thanks anet. let people abuse the ab farm for months, Others who wish to earn gold without abusing the system you destroy.

Posted by: Ok I Did It.2854

Ok I Did It.2854

40% you must be getting good RnG when I used the berry’s it was given me 17-28 magic, so a 40-60% reduction, im not sure why they nerf one thing so hard and leave another one untouched.

When I seen the reduction I was thinking its not so bad, people can still farm these for a small boost, then I seen your comment and thought you know what your right, people will just abandon the new map and go back to AFK mode in AB for the 2 hour farm.

Poor show anet, poor show.

10-20% reduction would have been plenty.

Posted by: Lahmia.2193

Lahmia.2193

You know this was a kind nerf. They could have gone full Bloodstone Fen and made the amount of berries you could farm from nodes per account instead of per character.

Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death.

Posted by: Ok I Did It.2854

Ok I Did It.2854

You know this was a kind nerf. They could have gone full Bloodstone Fen and made the amount of berries you could farm from nodes per account instead of per character.

They didn’t do that because

1, look at Bloodstone Fen now, its a dead map
2, look at Ember Bay now, its a dead map

So they went slight nerf hoping the same fate doesn’t happen to the new map again, but people will just bail on it, but the OPs point remains, why is it that the AB Multi loot is fine to farm for months on end, yet the new map is not, it was restricted by reset everyday, AB can be farmed every 2 hours of the day, why not make it that the AB can only be done once per day per character then also?

william dj.6953

Ok I Did It.2854 I based the 40% reduction off of consuming 1000 berries. Before I avg. 10k magic per stack give or take a hundred or 2. But it was pretty consistent. This time for each stack I earned around 6k magic.

Posted by: jugo.7014

jugo.7014

I looked forward to playing the new map every day because it wasn’t as painful a grind as the others. So much for that.

Posted by: Orangensaft.7139

Orangensaft.7139

wow… i just saved my berries so far and this means i just lost 40.000 unbound magic
in comparison to what i could have had if used before the patch?

We Glitched Out Of All [MAPS]
26x lvl 80 Characters
Most fabulous Character: http://i.imgur.com/5JtcBI1.jpg?1

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

I find Bloodstone Fen to be less annoying but I haven’t bother gathering from any of the maps for a while anyway.

Since they didn’t(I assume they didn’t since it wasn’t mentioned in the notes but that is not always reliable either) change the berry cost at the vendor I don’t really care …

Posted by: AuTomA.2459

AuTomA.2459

Thanks anet. let people abuse the ab farm for months, Others who wish to earn gold without abusing the system you destroy.

Berryfarm had to be nerfed,free ascendent trinkets and tons of unbound magic for free everyday is just wrong THE SAME AS is wrong AB MULTILOOT AND THEY AREN’T NERFING IT.

Look at ectos : Stacks of ectos popping up on tp every minute because FUN.

I don’t know why they’re not nerfing it,this is just wrong,very very wrong.

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Except they’ve already mentioned that ABML will be getting nerfed …

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

When the patch first hit people in-game were saying it was an 80% difference. Which would have been absurd. 40% is fine. Brings them more in-line with the rest of the S3 currencies, which come in smaller quantities from vendors and not in guaranteed harvests like the others. And helps with future maps too, since we know UBM is going to be a season-wide currency, having a way to get huge amounts of it was never going to be good for the life of new maps.

Berries are still the best way to get extra unbound magic without a lot of RNG blessing (especially with the new “Consume All” option for convenience). The difference just isn’t as dramatic now.

As for Auric Basin… you can’t seriously be comparing the two. Changing the amount of Unbound Magic you get from using a berry is a much, much, MUCH easier change to make than changing the entire mechanics of a map reward system. And we already know they’re looking into AB anyway, but being a much more complicated change its going to take a while.

william dj.6953

Berryfarm had to be nerfed,free ascendent trinkets and tons of unbound magic for free everyday is just wrong THE SAME AS is wrong AB MULTILOOT AND THEY AREN’T NERFING IT.

Unlike you I had to actually earn the berries I got. Took time. How did you get Anet to give them to you for “free” did they just appear in your inventory when you logged in?
Look at ecto? really that’s your remark? go to gw2tp or gw2bltp look back half and year you will see ecto has been dropping for a long time waaaaaayy before berry farming came along. AB abuse is what contributes to the fall off ecto prices.

(edited by william dj.6953)

william dj.6953

When the patch first hit people in-game were saying it was an 80% difference. Which would have been absurd. 40% is fine. Brings them more in-line with the rest of the S3 currencies, which come in smaller quantities from vendors and not in guaranteed harvests like the others. And helps with future maps too, since we know UBM is going to be a season-wide currency, having a way to get huge amounts of it was never going to be good for the life of new maps.

Berries are still the best way to get extra unbound magic without a lot of RNG blessing (especially with the new “Consume All” option for convenience). The difference just isn’t as dramatic now.

As for Auric Basin… you can’t seriously be comparing the two. Changing the amount of Unbound Magic you get from using a berry is a much, much, MUCH easier change to make than changing the entire mechanics of a map reward system. And we already know they’re looking into AB anyway, but being a much more complicated change its going to take a while.

I’m comparing the ability to earn money. Not one event or action against the other. One is not abuse, the other is. But what does anet do? they go after the one that is not abuse.

I agree it should have been nerfed some. I just wasn’t expecting this much.

Posted by: Spook.5847

Spook.5847

I looked forward to playing the new map every day because it wasn’t as painful a grind as the others. So much for that.

No, but the pain comes from the overpopulated, instantly respawning, chill-spamming zerg of mobs.

I got a couple of items from the merchant and haven’t bothered to play it since completing my story there.

Posted by: Spook.5847

Spook.5847

In which case there will be no reason at all to grind that horrid map event. In fact, that was a losing proposition from the get-go, especially since they haven’t bothered to upgrade the servers to handle larger populations (and let’s hear it for the MEGASERVER!!!), so people are always getting shut out. It’s just not worth the frustration/hassles.

AuTomA.2459

Unlike you I had to actually earn the berries I got. Took time. How did you get Anet to give them to you for “free” did they just appear in your inventory when you logged in?
Look at ecto? really that’s your remark? go to gw2tp or gw2bltp look back half and year you will see ecto has been dropping for a long time waaaaaayy before berry farming came along. AB abuse is what contributes to the fall off ecto prices.

it seems you didn’t read a single word i typed.
w/e.

Posted by: Djinn.9245

Djinn.9245

w/e.

He read exactly what you typed:

Berryfarm had to be nerfed,free ascendent trinkets and tons of unbound magic for free everyday is just wrong

I also wondered why you were talking about stuff being free.

it’s this luck based mystic toilet that we’re all so sick of flushing our money down. -Salamol

Posted by: DresdenAllblack.1249

DresdenAllblack.1249

With AB they can just remove the event altogether, and leave the golden city free and clear of baddies. Sure, it will kill the map, but it’s not like it would be the only empty map in game.

Angelina is free game again.
Crystal Desert

Posted by: Jwake.7013

Jwake.7013

Yeah it’s funny anet mentioned AB will be getting nurfed cause people don’t do other farms enough and then they nurf heavy on the new farm.

Posted by: LordEnki.9283

LordEnki.9283

Yeah, no warning and ridiculously high nerf. There are days I can hit every bloodstone node in Bloodstone Fen and be lucky to get three or four bloodstones. It’s my guess they cared less about people making money off of the unbound magic and WAY more about making this map and grind content to drag on as long as humanly possible.

AuTomA.2459

w/e.

He read exactly what you typed:

Berryfarm had to be nerfed,free ascendent trinkets and tons of unbound magic for free everyday is just wrong

I also wondered why you were talking about stuff being free.

Saying free is just a figure of speech,open your mind like sometimes.

Posted by: Baldrick.8967

Baldrick.8967

So, bots and people who spent 24 hours a day farming like mad have caused Anet to nerf the rate so much that more casual players or newer players will now get such a pitiful return that they won’t bother or won’t ever get enough for even one piece of ascended.

Way to go, the greedy wreck the rest, again.

WvW player. Doing another world completion for my next Legendary. Hater of mini-games.

Posted by: Soggy Biscuit.9372

Soggy Biscuit.9372

Hey, thanks for the news. All the more reason not to go to that annoying kitten map with same old looking mobs with ridiculous aggro range and pretty much permanent slows and stuns.

Posted by: NovaanVerdiano.6174

NovaanVerdiano.6174

Yes, but after months of it existing they still haven’t implemented a check that makes sure you actually did the event on that particular map and if not, you are restricted from opening the chests. Or even better, just putting an energy field in front of the entrance where the chests are where only people who participated in the event on that map can pass.

I’m sure over the course of multiple months they could’ve whipped up SOMETHING.

Posted by: Walhalla.5473

Walhalla.5473

Still doing Winterberry Farm and still getting quite a good amount of money out of it

Posted by: Vova.2640

Vova.2640

berry farm nerf was good and those stupid packets need to be nerfed further tbh.
I opened 10 packets yesterday and got 3 ascended crafting mats worth 25gold…
That is way too high of a rate considering how cheap they are…

AB is a different story. Im mindblown that it still wasn’t fixed after all this time.

Look at how effective someone is in a full Soldiers set.
Look at how effective someone is in a full Dire set.
Nice balance.

Posted by: serialkicker.5274

serialkicker.5274

Good, the only reason to visit that horrid map is gone, so I don’t have to bother with it anymore.

Posted by: Aisling.2340

Aisling.2340

Kind of glad to be honest, the enemies in that map are way too annoying for the reward.