underwater stacking problems

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Nabrok.9023

Nabrok.9023

Have we heard anything on if this is going to be fixed or not?

Getting tired of losing my stacks every time I drop underwater. If it’s not going to be fixed soon I’m going to have to bite the bullet and buy a second sigil for an underwater weapon.

This is a really big problem on WvW border maps.

“I’m not a PvE, WvW, or PvP player – I am a Guild Wars 2 player”
Tarnished Coast – Dissentient [DIS]
All classes

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

I love, when a bunch of enemies chase me, i jump into the water and they lose all their stacks.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

I despise underwater combat.

The Burninator

Posted by: Shemsu.8721

Shemsu.8721

you have underwater weapons, put a sigil on one of them

/thread

Posted by: MasterYoda.8563

MasterYoda.8563

Working as intended as they fixed a sigil bug/exploit

Game Security Lead “Closing this thread,
your account,and your 384 other accounts”
GG Anet

Posted by: FrostSpectre.4198

FrostSpectre.4198

Nope, I tested it, you can retain the stacks, IF you don’t have sigil on land weapon but have one underwater weapon.

Up to 24 stacks, you retain them, dive into water or get out from there, even if land weapon set has no sigil. Now that’s silly.

Highlighting: Up to 24 stacks, and having sigil on underwater weapon set but not on land weapon set, you retain the stacks, even if you quickly switch between land and underwater

More like the intended function: Stacks can be gained with same weapon, same sigil, any extra sigil will not give you stacks. Only unequipping the used weapon with sigil removes the stacks.

I’m a casual PvE adventurer, I enjoy combat, adventure and helping, but not farming.
I rarely do PvP or Hard PvE, unless it’s organized.

Posted by: Chase.8415

Chase.8415

This happens because players kept exploiting the stacks with fighting underwater monsters with a aquatic sigil weapon and going back to land with a +dmg digil.

Posted by: Nabrok.9023

Nabrok.9023

I despise underwater combat.

That’s neither here nor there. This isn’t about underwater combat, it’s about what happens to your stacks just travelling through water whether you fight or not.

This happens because players kept exploiting the stacks with fighting underwater monsters with a aquatic sigil weapon and going back to land with a +dmg digil.

I know why it was done, I’m just saying the solution they came up with sucks, especially as it’s very difficult to ensure that you don’t drop below the surface even if there’s only a very slight drop into the water.

“I’m not a PvE, WvW, or PvP player – I am a Guild Wars 2 player”
Tarnished Coast – Dissentient [DIS]
All classes