unlock the UI. no custom ui's just unlock it.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Assassin X.8573

Assassin X.8573

Unlock the ui. I dont want to be able to load custom uis. i just want to be able to move/resize/rescale/readjust the position of the current windows on the ui.

Darkhaven Gold Tiger Assassin X [JPGN][Sold][VII]
Videos on Youtube

Posted by: Miriam.9241

Miriam.9241

Yes also long waiting for this one and hoped the coming Update got this once. But it seems not.

Posted by: danbuter.2314

danbuter.2314

I would also really like this. Every other mmo lets you move stuff around, but not this one.

Posted by: KarateKid.5648

KarateKid.5648

I would also really like this. Every other mmo lets you move stuff around, but not this one.

Just copy the UI of this game’s predecessor – it would be fantastic.

Posted by: Mungrul.9358

Mungrul.9358

Just copy the UI of this game’s predecessor – it would be fantastic.

Yeah, one of the first things I tried to do when playing Beta was unlock the interface and I was confused when I couldn’t.

Please note that due to restrictions placed on my account, I am only allowed 1 post per hour.
Therefore I may take some time replying to you.

Posted by: sinzer.4018

sinzer.4018

Don’t forget transparencies!

I’m ofc in favour of this. I’d resize pretty much everything.

Posted by: Mungrul.9358

Mungrul.9358

Oh, and tear-off chat panes.

Please note that due to restrictions placed on my account, I am only allowed 1 post per hour.
Therefore I may take some time replying to you.

Posted by: scerevisiae.1972

scerevisiae.1972

This. The current ui is a horrible UX. One of the worst aspects is that some of the most important elements (buffs, conditions) are tiny and located in the noisiest area of the UI. The game has way too many particle effects to be relied upon for info so it all comes down to reading tiny icons.

It’s also ridiculous you can’t turn off the quest tracker.

Horrible ui.

downed state is bad for PVP

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

Idk. I’ve gotten used to seeing the game through a tunnel of UI elements above, below to the right and to the left. If I could actually see the environment around me and not feel like I’m wearing blinders like a horse, it wouldn’t feel like Guild Wars 2.

Attachments:

Posted by: Dean Calaway.9718

Dean Calaway.9718

Take the God kitten target info from the top of the screen!
Countless are the times I’m aiming an AoE, get too close up there and the thing just casts at my feet.

Victoria Cross [VC] – Desolation [EU]

Posted by: Naz.2607

Naz.2607

yesplz
why do games that are uber inferior to gw2 have this option, yet we’re still stuck w this ui after almost 2 years?

Naz ©

Posted by: serow.6524

serow.6524

Please enable this function in a future feature update!
I’m good with no custom UI as well, just let me move/resize things!

Current 80s: Ranger, Mesmer, Guardian, Elementalist, Revenant, Necromancer.
Working on: Engineer

Posted by: Tranquillity.8697

Tranquillity.8697

Countless are the times I’m aiming an AoE, get too close up there and the thing just casts at my feet.

So much this.

How about an option that disables the entire ui for the short time we are aiming our aoes?

[Elona Reach]

Posted by: Plok.5873

Plok.5873

Amen. I’ve been asking for that since release. It’s blocking ground targeting, distance sight and boss mobs.
Also, please normalize the camera height, at least when zoomed out. So tired of having the camera slide under my asura whenever I look up.

Pry Bar in yo’ face, You big disgrace / Box of Nails all over the place
Pet project: Outfit overhaul.

Assassin X.8573

60% of the time it missfires at the ground everytime.

Videos on Youtube

Posted by: scerevisiae.1972

scerevisiae.1972

I think there’s plenty of players for whom the UI is pretty dysfunctional but who have given up hope of change. Don’t.

downed state is bad for PVP

Posted by: OmaiGodman.2098

OmaiGodman.2098

Idk. I’ve gotten used to seeing the game through a tunnel of UI elements above, below to the right and to the left. If I could actually see the environment around me and not feel like I’m wearing blinders like a horse, it wouldn’t feel like Guild Wars 2.

If GW2 is a “tunnel” of UI elements, then what is this?

Attachments:

Any plan that involves dead quaggans is, by design, foolproof. I’m an unmitigated genius!

Posted by: Lishtenbird.2814

Lishtenbird.2814

Yes! Most displays come with a 16:9 aspect ratio nowadays, and I’m so tired of having to lower down the camera till the floor to see boss animations (like Dwayna’s particle shower, not even speaking about Holos) – which also means till the moment that the camera zooms into my character again.

I would be so happy to be able to move target’s bar down to the skillbar. It will both help see target’s visual cues and let me control both my skill cooldowns and target’s buffs in events similar to Assault Knights and champs with reataliation/protection/defiance.

20 level 80s and counting.

Posted by: sminkiottone.6972

sminkiottone.6972

Would be fantastic to be able to remove few things from the Ui like the achievements panel and the objective panel, I know a lot of people who find it disturbing.

Posted by: Kumu Honua.2751

Kumu Honua.2751

And to have specific windows remember location.

I want that merchant window in the same place ever time. Same with Hero and BLTC windows.

Sylvari Guardian. – Dragonbrand.

Posted by: ProtoGunner.4953

ProtoGunner.4953

+1 from me. If you are doing the UI: Please Anet, let us implement Sidebars, so we can have all our food, tonics etc. there. It is very annyoing to open the inventory all the time for this.

And if you are doing this: let us place the skills where WE want it.

I understand the UI is made simple so most people won’t be too confused (some sick WoW UIs come to my mind). But please let the ones that play seriously customize the UI freely as they like.

‘would have/would’ve been’ —> correct
‘would of been’ —> wrong

Posted by: Zahld.4956

Zahld.4956

Do this. Whatever it is. But for mother of scarlet do not do omaigodman attachment lol :-D

Naz.2607

I want that merchant window in the same place ever time. Same with Hero and BLTC windows.

This^

+1 from me. If you are doing the UI: Please Anet, let us implement Sidebars, so we can have all our food, tonics etc. there. It is very annyoing to open the inventory all the time for this.

And if you are doing this: let us place the skills where WE want it.

I understand the UI is made simple so most people won’t be too confused (some sick WoW UIs come to my mind). But please let the ones that play seriously customize the UI freely as they like.

aaand this^

Naz ©

Posted by: Blude.6812

Blude.6812

and fix the cursor that you can’t see during large battles as well (options to customize it)

Posted by: X The Manimal.5293

X The Manimal.5293

Lol, a magnificent display of player choice and customization I would say. Loved WoW’s UI and its flexibility thanks to add-ons.

Posted by: Jocksy.3415

Jocksy.3415

This
is
horribe…

and fix the cursor that you can’t see during large battles as well (options to customize it)

Full support to that… looked for an option for it, and was sad to find none… bad to have to use ground targetting ability to try to find the pointer…

Posted by: mcarswell.3768

mcarswell.3768

+1. all i want is to be able to move my target down to the bottom of the screen, and get rid of the unnecessarily huge portait icon attached to it.

Berner | Nitzerebb | Suna | Shivayanama
[TSFR] – Jade Quarry

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

The problem as always is development time…

Just let us design and use add-ons. Players are happy to do the work for you, you just need to let them.

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

I agree with the UI stuff. Also, GW1’s target locking was the best ever. The target locking in this game is horrendous. First person camera should be in the game. I would play against giant bosses with the first person camera. I have to look up at them to see their tells. My character gets in the way. With a first person camera my character wouldn’t be “clutter” in those fights.

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

Naz.2607

~thread bannered~

Naz ©

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

One of the reasons my friend bailed from GW2 before even hitting 80 was that he couldn’t move things around. Meh. :|

Though, I wouldn’t mind being able to move the charge bar to under my feet instead of slicing me in half. It’s mildly distracting.

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Posted by: digitalruse.9085

digitalruse.9085

An artist who didn’t know how to use their brush.

From 2007 when I stopped playing:

Attachments:

Qwerkk – Asuran Engineer

digitalruse.9085

I too greatly miss the customization of the UI available in other MMOs, or even this one’s predecessor. It would be a huge QoL win to see a change.

Qwerkk – Asuran Engineer

Posted by: Ominous.7583

Ominous.7583

Yeah Im in major favor of resizing it. I wouldn’t be opposed to customization either.

-Ironcurtain

Posted by: Kraag Deadsoul.2789

Kraag Deadsoul.2789

+1

Guild Wars 1 got it right; virtually complete control over the scale and position of all UI elements as well as the ability to toggle on or off any element.

Why try to re-invent the wheel with Guild Wars 2? The implementation in GW1 worked and worked well. Just copy what GW1 did with the UI control and we’re good to go.

So many souls, so little time. ~ Kraag Deadsoul

Posted by: Melora.7418

Melora.7418

+1

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

Big things are probably coming for the UI soon.

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

Posted by: Aenaos.8160

Aenaos.8160

An artist who didn’t know how to use their brush.

From 2007 when I stopped playing:

I still play.(I know I’m a big kitten,GW2 and WoW.I have access to both forums)
The point is you can do just about whatever you like with your UI.
Have it as empty or as full as you wish.
Comparing that with a UI that has only a few movable and resizable windows….
Oh and btw.Check right corner under the minimap.Expand/hide button for objectives.
Alien tech from area 51.Since 2004.Unfathomable.
I just hope UI customization,including a total revamp of the archaic
nameplate system,is in their radar.

Attachments:

-Win a pip,lose a pip,win a pip,lose a pip,lose a pip,
lose a pip,win 2 pips,lose a pip,lose a pip…………..-
-Go go Espartz.-

digitalruse.9085

Yeah. Totally. My example was more just that a raid UI didn’t need to look like someone vomited on the screen. When I was just going around by myself or in small groups? My screen was nearly empty except for the bottom.

Agreed on all other points, otherwise.

Qwerkk – Asuran Engineer

Posted by: Nury.3062

Nury.3062

I don’t see the problem with the UI,is one of the best UI i saw in a game,it doesn’t take much from your screen,the skill,hp,buffs are well placed.
I think you are too used with the other games where you can move everything.
And i don’t think they will ever allow the players to move things around.The UI is like a trademark ,when you watch a pic or a video if you saw the UI you just know is GW2 without any aditional infos etc.
Anyway,i can understand why would you guys want to move things around…resize,played many mmos in the past, but imo the only thing that should be added would be a resize only,not sidebars etc. To be able to hotkey food etc. would be the only thing i wouldn’t mind having in the game.
But this is just my opinion…

—-Balthazar Order [Gods]—-
“We are now! We are forever!”

Posted by: OneManArmy.9732

OneManArmy.9732

resize
move
transparency

even 3rd quality korean f2p-p2w mmorpg has those BASIC options.
yes, this is basic options, nowadays its a standart mmo set. like resolution or shader version or shadows ,. etc

and gw2 pretend to be AAA game.

upd: when my friend started game first time he asked : “so…can i resize or move or …”
my another friend asks the same
another one refused playing coz “i dont like UI”. “lol wut man, this game is awesome?”. “whatever, i dont like ui”. well, that was during free weekends, so i think he is glad for saving his money.

(edited by OneManArmy.9732)

Posted by: lorazcyk.8927

lorazcyk.8927

Keep in mind not everyone plays on giant screens. So maybe the UI is fine for you, but for some of us, it’s claustrophobic. Screens also come in different aspect ratios, which can make it worse or better depending on what you have.
Even if we have same screen sizes, if you have a higher resolution and/or higher aspect ratio, your UI will look smaller than mine.

This is because of FOV (on certain screens). Try shrinking your game window, and you’ll see the UI get smaller and roomier. See my signature link/attachments for examples.

Combined with a low FOV, the top WvW bar + enemy bar can take up too much screen at the top middle of the screen. Unfortunately this led to me making my character walk sideways like a crab, so I can see the enemies I’m fighting. And I turn the camera to the side so I’m looking at the enemy on the leftmost part of the screen, instead of ahead of me where I should be looking. This would make me a really predictable enemy in PvP.

My “solution” was to shrink the window to half it’s vertical size. In other words, I made my GW2 window skinny. This makes the UI shrink and I can see more, even though the window is much smaller!
Letting me make the FOV higher (to my particular needs) without having to shrink the window would pretty much improve things for me.

The enemy bar at the top screen makes it so I have to aim the camera up when fighting tall enemies, so I can see their tells. Otherwise all I can see are their feet. When I look up my character’s butt gets in the way, though!

I need to zoom in when playing melee so I can see the enemy tells amid all the skill effect fireworks. But when I do this, I can’t see the battlefield at the top middle of the screen because of enemy bar, or WvW bar. Again, I need to walk/look sideways when fighting, so I can actually see the enemy.

The buttons at the top left of the screen shouldn’t be there all the time. You either use the keybinds, or you click the icons. The icons needn’t be visible all the time. They should only appear if you put your mouse there.

The grungy black window border hides too much of the battlefield. Don’t believe me? Hit Ctrl Shift H. Again, this depends on your FOV. Shrink your window to see. The border looks thinner or fatter depending on your FOV / aspect ratio.

The experience bar doesn’t need to be visible at all times, only when you get lots of experience at once like when finishing a personal story or dungeon, or when leveling up.

I could go on but atleast those would be common sense.

Posted by: TheMagickDoll.7594

TheMagickDoll.7594

Unlock the ui. I dont want to be able to load custom uis. i just want to be able to move/resize/rescale/readjust the position of the current windows on the ui.

Now this is an improvement that this game could really use. It baffles me that so many games before this one a player could do this, but alas, not here and I still do not understand why. (Even could do this in GW1)

Naz.2607

60% of the time it missfires at the ground everytime.

Don’t even get me started on trying to target arrow cart skills. (and I’m using “small intercace”)

Naz ©

Assassin X.8573

Warbannering this thread! Bloodlust in the borderlands and fail/success defense/capture sidebars also still prrveny me from targetting things on the right side of my screen, brcause it either closes the notification or minimizes the “event” status.

Videos on Youtube

Posted by: Finaldeath.1059

Finaldeath.1059

I would be happy just with the ui scale settings getting fixed so text is actually readable on anything other then default scale. This has been broken since day 1 and i have seen devs post a few times saying they would look at it and it has yet to be fixed.

Posted by: Zepidel.5349

Zepidel.5349

think of the implications this would have on the GW2 ESPORTS™ scene if players were allowed to use heavily modded UI’s to gain an advantage!

CAN YOU SAY SCANDALOUS?

Posted by: Finaldeath.1059

Finaldeath.1059

think of the implications this would have on the GW2 ESPORTS™ scene if players were allowed to use heavily modded UI’s to gain an advantage!

CAN YOU SAY SCANDALOUS?

This thread is about rearranging current ui elements not adding new ones, no one would have an advantage over anyone else.

Posted by: Elrond.9486

Elrond.9486

I don’t see the problem with the UI,is one of the best UI i saw in a game,it doesn’t take much from your screen,the skill,hp,buffs are well placed.
I think you are too used with the other games where you can move everything.
And i don’t think they will ever allow the players to move things around.The UI is like a trademark ,when you watch a pic or a video if you saw the UI you just know is GW2 without any aditional infos etc.
Anyway,i can understand why would you guys want to move things around…resize,played many mmos in the past, but imo the only thing that should be added would be a resize only,not sidebars etc. To be able to hotkey food etc. would be the only thing i wouldn’t mind having in the game.
But this is just my opinion…

The whole point is freedom. It might just be perfect for you, but for me or whoever it might not be. Instead of trying to make something that’s “one size fits all”, why not give us control? And not even anything that could possibly risk giving advantages, just let us turn things off.

Zeus Thorsson – Guardian
Silver Moon [MOON]
The Toast

Assassin X.8573

Just to reiterate: this is a request to unlock the current ui. This is not a request to allow us to load custom modifications. I do not want to add custom ui mods like dmg meters etc. I want to be able to turn off event windows, resize or remove current windows.

Videos on Youtube

(edited by Assassin X.8573)