unusual TP items

unusual TP items

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Vukorep.3081

Vukorep.3081

https://www.gw2tp.com/item/37629-staff?full=1

https://www.gw2tp.com/item/46449-ghostly-spineguard

Im starting to think i should keep some of the similar items i randomly find in the world and when something like this happends i just put my item for sale at 1 copper less and see what happends ..

unusual TP items

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

Im starting to think i should keep some of the similar items i randomly find in the world and when something like this happends i just put my item for sale at 1 copper less and see what happends ..

The problem is that the similar items you randomly find in the world arent the ones you linked.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

unusual TP items

Posted by: electricwater.1572

electricwater.1572

Nothing will happen. It’s just some usual junk put up for ridiculous price. You can do it with any item yourself, if you’re willing to pay the listing price for smth no one will ever buy lol.

unusual TP items

Posted by: mauried.5608

mauried.5608

Does the TP have a maximum time that an item can be for sale?
The listing fee only applies if the sale is cancelled and the item taken down.

unusual TP items

Posted by: Ulion.5476

Ulion.5476

No. I have items that have been up for years. Its just not worth taking them down anymore.

Ele – Tarnished Coast
“Quoth the raven nevermore”
Platinum Scout: 300% MF

unusual TP items

Posted by: onevstheworld.2419

onevstheworld.2419

Does the TP have a maximum time that an item can be for sale?
The listing fee only applies if the sale is cancelled and the item taken down.

The 5% listing fee is applied immediately, regardless if a sale is made or not, so those sellers have already paid the 100s of gold. The total TP tax for a successful sale is 15%.

There’s no time limit for listings.

(edited by onevstheworld.2419)

unusual TP items

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

what would happen is you losing gold to see your item sit 1 copper less then a gold buyer, that will make for kitten sure that the gold seller buy theirs instead of yours.

unusual TP items

Posted by: Abelisk.4527

Abelisk.4527

I saw a bow once that’s name was just a bunch of numbers and symbols on sale for 100 something gold.

unusual TP items

Posted by: mauried.5608

mauried.5608

So does this mean that if someone lists an item for 9999g 99s 99c , that they instantly pay
5% of this or 500G for the priveledge.

unusual TP items

Wanze.8410

what would happen is you losing gold to see your item sit 1 copper less then a gold buyer, that will make for kitten sure that the gold seller buy theirs instead of yours.

what do gold buyers have to do with this?

unusual TP items

Posted by: Bruno.3812

Bruno.3812

Cheaper items sell before more expensive items. If your item is one copper less it will sell first.

unusual TP items

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

So does this mean that if someone lists an item for 9999g 99s 99c , that they instantly pay
5% of this or 500G for the priveledge.

Yes. The instant you list something for sale 5% of the sale price is taken from your current gold.

Another 10% of the sale price will be taken when the item actually sells.

Server: Devona’s Rest

unusual TP items

Linken.6345

why else would you list a level 75 backpiece for 7000 gold if it was not to get a gold seller to buy it?
That you email with outside game ofcourse to tell what item and for how much, to hopefully launder the money that way.

unusual TP items

Wanze.8410

why else would you list a level 75 backpiece for 7000 gold if it was not to get a gold seller to buy it?
That you email with outside game ofcourse to tell what item and for how much, to hopefully launder the money that way.

Sounds like a fool proof strategy to scam some scammers out of tons of gold and you should definately spend the 375g listing fee to prove that you are right.

It will be my pleasure to undercut you again. Well lets not get ahead of ourselves. You dont have that item anyways and probably not even the listing fee.

To answer your first question: I did it because i can. And I think that item is worth 7777g and someone else will agree eventually and buy it.

(edited by Wanze.8410)

unusual TP items

Linken.6345

Sounds like a fool proof strategy to scam some scammers out of tons of gold and you should definately spend the 375g listing fee to prove that you are right.

It will be my pleasure to undercut you again. Well lets not get ahead of ourselves. You dont have that item anyways and probably not even the listing fee.

To answer your first question: I did it because i can. And I think that item is worth 7777g and someone else will agree eventually and buy it.

How would you scam them out of money mate?

Cant see anyone buying ascalonian catacombs/frozen maw drop for close to 8k gold ever

unusual TP items

Wanze.8410

Cant see anyone buying ascalonian catacombs/frozen maw drop for close to 8k gold ever

You just claimed this is a scheme between the item seller and some RMT to transfer illicit gold and now you claim that nobody will buy it. What is it?

And where exactly does the svanir shaman drop it? is it a direct drop from him or does it drop from the icy strongbox? If its from the icy strongbox, wouldnt it be farmable from every svanir champ? And if its a direct drop,….wait, we still get direct drops from champs?

And how do you even confirm two different sources from an item that only ever had a maximum of 2 listings on the tp since it got introduced? Let me guess, you read it on the internet?

unusual TP items

electricwater.1572

You just claimed this is a scheme between the item seller and some RMT to transfer illicit gold and now you claim that nobody will buy it. What is it?

And where exactly does the svanir shaman drop it? is it a direct drop from him or does it drop from the icy strongbox? If its from the icy strongbox, wouldnt it be farmable from every svanir champ? And if its a direct drop,….wait, we still get direct drops from champs?

And how do you even confirm two different sources from an item that only ever had a maximum of 2 listings on the tp since it got introduced? Let me guess, you read it on the internet?

Regardless of where it comes from, it’s a yellow rarity back item lol. Who in their right mind would buy a rare-quality item for 7,8k that is not a part of any collection, doesn’t give any achievements, no auras and has a pretty mediocre upgrade worth 38 silver. Get real.

Chak egg sac that costs 10k is the hardest item to get in game and gives an aura (and is exotic at least) so that could justify the price. But ghostly spineguard and that staff for such money? No way.

The only reason they are on tp is either trolling or goldselling. If you really think this will sell, you’re pretty naive. The only way this would ever happen is if some noob who knows nothing about the game (and somehow has thousands of gold) will buy it.

unusual TP items

Wanze.8410

Regardless of where it comes from, it’s a yellow rarity back item lol. Who in their right mind would buy a rare-quality item for 7,8k that is not a part of any collection, doesn’t give any achievements, no auras and has a pretty mediocre upgrade worth 38 silver. Get real.

Chak egg sac that costs 10k is the hardest item to get in game and gives an aura (and is exotic at least) so that could justify the price. But ghostly spineguard and that staff for such money? No way.

The only reason they are on tp is either trolling or goldselling. If you really think this will sell, you’re pretty naive. The only way this would ever happen is if some noob who knows nothing about the game (and somehow has thousands of gold) will buy it.

Just because something doesnt seem logical to you, doesnt mean that it wont happen.
You made it pretty clear that even the act of listing it for such a high price seems illogical to you, yet it happened anyways.

Listing any item is a bad idea and it stays that way. Until it is sold.

Regarding your functionality for value estimation of the item: Where do you base it on? Did you ever own one? How do you know that it doesnt give an aura and that it doesnt have a functionality that isnt documented? Maybe you can forge the 4 rare lower level ghostly spineguards into an Chak Egg or another infusion?

And maybe there is functionality in the rarity of the item that you probably dont value at all. First of all, people pay premium for rare kittens. For me, its irrational as well but they do. Heavy Bag of Coins is a prime example. Ever since they got discontinued in the BL chests 6 months after launch, they got traded for double-digit gold values even though all they do is give you 1.5g at the most and a couple of silver on average. not even a year ago, I made a couple of hundred gold profit per month flipping them.

Then its also possible for an RMT to purchase it for gold transfers, I would lie, if I said that I didnt consider this and it definately influenced my decision. However, I never was and never will be involved in RMT. I have no influence on who buys my listings and what they use it for, thats for Anet to figure out, not me. I just use the trading post as intended.

And finally, there is a 3rd functionality, which is the real reason, why I listed it for such a high price.

(edited by Wanze.8410)

unusual TP items

electricwater.1572

Just because something doesnt seem logical to you, doesnt mean that it wont happen.
You made it pretty clear that even the act of listing it for such a high price seems illogical to you, yet it happened anyways.

Listing any item is a bad idea and it stays that way. Until it is sold.

Regarding your functionality for value estimation of the item: Where do you base it on? Did you ever own one? How do you know that it doesnt give an aura and that it doesnt have a functionality that isnt documented? Maybe you can forge the 4 rare lower level ghostly spineguards into an Chak Egg or another infusion?

And maybe there is functionality in the rarity of the item that you probably dont value at all. First of all, people pay premium for rare kittens. For me, its irrational as well but they do. Heavy Bag of Coins is a prime example. Ever since they got discontinued in the BL chests 6 months after launch, they got traded for double-digit gold values even though all they do is give you 1.5g at the most and a couple of silver on average. not even a year ago, I made a couple of hundred gold profit per month flipping them.

Then its also possible for an RMT to purchase it for gold transfers, I would lie, if I said that I didnt consider this and it definately influenced my decision. However, I never was and never will be involved in RMT. I have no influence on who buys my listings and what they use it for, thats for Anet to figure out, not me. I just use the trading post as intended.

And finally, there is a 3rd functionality, which is the real reason, why I listed it for such a high price.

There are plenty of these ghostly spineguards dropping from AC and Frozen maw and I have had few of them. They and that tp item share the same skin (hard to call it a skin even because it’s just invisible backpack with stats). So no, it doesn’t have any aura. Nor does forging it with 4 others give you anything special (getting an infusion from mixing 4 rares, are you serious?).

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Ghostly_Spineguard_

As for heavy bag of coins, the ‘buy’ price never went higher than 45g. I have no idea why people would buy that, because as you said it drops 1,5g at best. But even then, unique item that is 150g it goes for nowadays is far away from 7.7k-9,9k stuff that has similar items that normally go for 65 silver.

https://www.gw2bltc.com/en/item/20317-Heavy-Bag-of-Coins

And what would that 3rd functionality be?

unusual TP items

Wanze.8410

Then this item can also be used to legally transfer gold between accounts. For example, I have 3 personal accounts, my main account and 2 trading accounts which I used to use for research purposes that required plenty of logistics, like mass salvaging, forging, crafting, opening containers etc. Later on, I used them for trading in certain markets and bulk trading or just for storage. Each account has 3 fully upgraded storage guilds and my 2 trading accounts probably have each a worth between 50-100k gold. Transferring huge amounts of gold between accounts is slow due to the 500g limit per week. Now I havent really logged into my 2 alt accounts in over half a year (no time) and I am thinking of maybe starting to liquidize their assets this year and transferring the gold to my main account. I estimate that I could probably sell items worth 5k gold every week from each account with around 1 hour of trading per day (and without crashing too much markets). That would mean I would have to transfer around 10k gold per week to my main account? So how do i do that?

The safe way over the guild banks would only mean i could pick up 26k gold per year for the next fistful of years. I could do it by sending valuable items that I buy with my alt accounts, mail them to my main and then sell. This would mean that I lose 15% fees and taxes anyways and I would buy and sell to different players, not myself. Thats basically flipping the item meaning I would need to flip items worth 10k gold per week and on top of that, would need to mail every single item once. That doesnt sound very appealing to me considering I flipped items worth 9k gold within the last 3 months.

With the ghostly spineguard, I can transfer 10k gold instantly, without restrictions and a base 1500g fee. This might seem alot to most people but it would enable me to extract 170k gold within 20 weeks instead of 200k gold over the next 400 weeks.

So I understand that you might only bid a couple of silver for this item because thats what its worth to you. But for me it would be worth significantly more because it enables me to accumulate 8k more gold per week for the next 20 weeks.

unusual TP items

electricwater.1572

Then this item can also be used to legally transfer gold between accounts. For example, I have 3 personal accounts, my main account and 2 trading accounts which I used to use for research purposes that required plenty of logistics, like mass salvaging, forging, crafting, opening containers etc. Later on, I used them for trading in certain markets and bulk trading or just for storage. Each account has 3 fully upgraded storage guilds and my 2 trading accounts probably have each a worth between 50-100k gold. Transferring huge amounts of gold between accounts is slow due to the 500g limit per week. Now I havent really logged into my 2 alt accounts in over half a year (no time) and I am thinking of maybe starting to liquidize their assets this year and transferring the gold to my main account. I estimate that I could probably sell items worth 5k gold every week from each account with around 1 hour of trading per day (and without crashing too much markets). That would mean I would have to transfer around 10k gold per week to my main account? So how do i do that?

The safe way over the guild banks would only mean i could pick up 26k gold per year for the next fistful of years. I could do it by sending valuable items that I buy with my alt accounts, mail them to my main and then sell. This would mean that I lose 15% fees and taxes anyways and I would buy and sell to different players, not myself. Thats basically flipping the item meaning I would need to flip items worth 10k gold per week and on top of that, would need to mail every single item once. That doesnt sound very appealing to me considering I flipped items worth 9k gold within the last 3 months.

With the ghostly spineguard, I can transfer 10k gold instantly, without restrictions and a base 1500g fee. This might seem alot to most people but it would enable me to extract 170k gold within 20 weeks instead of 200k gold over the next 400 weeks.

So I understand that you might only bid a couple of silver for this item because thats what its worth to you. But for me it would be worth significantly more because it enables me to accumulate 8k more gold per week for the next 20 weeks.

Ok, I see how YOU could use it to mail gold back and forth to yourself, but the point was that you said this thing would sell. It won’t sell, because no one but you would buy it, because it’s worthless.
Other than that, yeah pretty handy to send gold to your alt account. So how come it’s still on tp tho? XD

unusual TP items

Wanze.8410

Ok, I see how YOU could use it to mail gold back and forth to yourself, but the point was that you said this thing would sell. It won’t sell, because no one but you would buy it, because it’s worthless.
Other than that, yeah pretty handy to send gold to your alt account. So how come it’s still on tp tho? XD

even, if I buy it with my alt account. its still a sale. There are multiple reasons I didnt do it yet. First of all, i wanted to see, if someone else will buy it. Thats also why i didnt list it for 10k gold. At 7777g, someone might still decide to buy it to flip it for 10k gold.

And then, I havent decided yet, wether I want to turn my alt accounts into gold. As I described, this will probably take several months of daily trading and I am not sure yet, if I have time for that. Because I would also have to sort through a very long pick up tab on both accounts, just picking it all up and getting an overview of what I have on hand will take 50 hours game time easily. I havent even started with that yet and I am not sure I will do that any time soon. So no need for me to buy it yet.

Edit: And I dont think that I said that this listing will definately sell (to someone else), I just ruled out that its impossible to sell for that price.

(edited by Wanze.8410)

unusual TP items

Linken.6345

I see dident even cross my mind that someone would tp flip on two other accounts and use trash items to transfer gold to their flip accounts.

Since listing the items on the main account was sending the gold the wrong way.

Have a hard time getting time to play my 1 account with so many games out there

unusual TP items

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Wanze has offered a plausible reason why such items might be listed and sell, although not why there’s a persistent offer (since, obviously, in Wanze’s scenario, the item would list and sell within the same day if not the same minute).

Here’s another one: some players love to collect impossible-to-obtain items. Some do it for some sort of mild OCD reason (“I must have EVERYTHING!”) and some do it because (a) they are bored and (b) because they can afford to.

This is partly why Sam used to sell at a huge premium well before it was part of a coveted collection: cute icon, but valueless compared to any other exotic zerk acccessory.

In short: no matter how crazy you think the price is for something, there’s almost always someone will (eventually) think it’s worth it.

(On the seller side: people with too much money will list hard-to-obtain items for crazy prices because, well, because they can. “I’m Rich You Know” isn’t just a meme.)

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

unusual TP items

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

Sometimes you have so much gold that you’re not sure what to spend it all. You might not even know what to buy, only that you need to spend. A legendary or maybe a decoration that people would see.

But maybe you’re so vain that you don’t believe everyone is basking in your glory anyways. So why not immortalize yourself by making insane TP prices? I mean, you could also scale it down and say list it for 2000 gold— you’d just lose 100 gold.

And there’s always that off chance it sells by someone just as vain. xD

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

(edited by ArchonWing.9480)

unusual TP items

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

The spineguard is only that price because no one really dose dungeons anymore. It will never sell for that price. Seeing as it dose nothing other than give you stats, that can be gotten from temples for karma. So yeah never going to sell for that price.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

unusual TP items

Wanze.8410

Wanze has offered a plausible reason why such items might be listed and sell, although not why there’s a persistent offer (since, obviously, in Wanze’s scenario, the item would list and sell within the same day if not the same minute).

Ha, you are right, I actually had a blunder, which might end up saving me the current listing fee of 389g.

When I decided to list it, I somehow thought that I would have to list it from my alt account in order to receive the gold on my main. That is of course wrong and I actually have to list it from my main account in order to get the gold to it.

I mentioned in my last post (also edited now) that I still would have to transfer the item by mail to my alt account anyways, so I was expecting to lose the listing fee anyways.

So when i wanted to list it, I thought I had to mail it to my alt first in order for my gold transfer scheme to work. But I couldnt be bothered to look for my login details for that account. I would have needed to boot up my old hard drive and OS of my old laptop via my new laptop, which means rebooting it. This also might sound stupid to most players but I rather would have lost those 389g on the listing fee than having to reboot my computer and log into my alt account.

I already mentioned that I probably wouldnt start to use that item to transfer gold to my main for another couple of months. But I wanted to use that time to check out the market for this item and see how the community reacts to a high listing for a relatively useless item like this, either through discussion like here or reddit or on the tp itself by the evolution of buy orders and sell listings over a longer period of time.

I was aware of the off chance that some clown comes around and undercuts my listing by a copper or even a great margin and that chance would get bigger over time, the longer my listing is up. But as I was planning to take the listing down anyways, if I decided to start transfering gold at some point in the future (to send it to my alt), I didnt really care about, if somebody wanted to troll me with an undercut.

I would just undercut him again and he will have the great pleasure to see his listing being undercut once a week or so and that listing selling shortly after.

unusual TP items

Posted by: JemL.3501

JemL.3501

RMT services or Friends uses the TP that is why you sometimes see lol items in high prices, they tell the guy ‘’ill put this item(s) for the -insert ammount of gold which was agreed plus taxes- so you can buy it, in that way you will pay me because yo ucant send that ammount of gold at time’’

I took an arrow to the knee

unusual TP items

Posted by: Vukorep.3081

Vukorep.3081

The spineguard is only that price because no one really dose dungeons anymore. It will never sell for that price. Seeing as it dose nothing other than give you stats, that can be gotten from temples for karma. So yeah never going to sell for that price.

Dont fool your self, plenty of people are doing AC all the time.

Also, i think Wanze made a reddit post where he mentions the 7777g backpiece is his
https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/5n6t6a/long_term_gw2_trader_ama/?st=ixumt4q1&sh=73dcb962