use alts as ai party members

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: HipposWild.7185

HipposWild.7185

It would be really nice if we could use our alts as ai party members. This could make a lot more of the content assessable to players. People complain a lot about group world events being unplayable if someone else doesn’t happen by and it would be really nice if you could play all your characters at once when you don’t have a ton of time to play. It’d also add a level of customization I find lacking at the moment.

You can boot them on full servers and handle loot however you please it would just be a nice addition.

#1 of all #1 players as ranked by a fair and unbiased committee

Posted by: Togashi Jack.9531

Togashi Jack.9531

So you want GW1 Mercernaries back.. and you want them to be controlled by the AI that deals with the like of Logan Thackeray and other friendly NPCs.

HipposWild.7185

No not exactly and yeah sure it would suck if it sucked… Just like everything else.. Not really sure what else to say about that.

Posted by: Vol.7601

Vol.7601

This would be extremely complicated to code. I can’t even get my head around it now.

Posted by: Awe.1096

Awe.1096

I loved the hero/hench system in GW1. The problem is, GW1 was designed with it in mind from the the ground up. GW2 is not designed in this way. It would be very difficult and clunky to try and implement it now.

Posted by: Bladorthin.6429

Bladorthin.6429

I loved Henchmen in GW, but as Awe says, the game isn’t designed for it. While the feature could be introduced, I am nervous considering the current pet/pathing issues.

Posted by: Rash.6514

Rash.6514

Oh no, please, please no NPCs to help us.

Frankly, this is a problem I see on the whole Guild Wars community more than any other MMO. People don’t like playing together and the challenging contents ANet adds make that clearer every time. We’re supposed to play together, win together. I don’t know why that plague lives on Guild Wars. Maybe ANet’s fault because of the henchmen on the first game?

Posted by: Tolmos.8395

Tolmos.8395

Heh man… I can’t tell you how much fun I would have with that. I put so many hours into GW1 because of the Hero/Mercenary system. It would absolutely amazing, and I would be absolutely in love if GW2 implemented it.

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

I do miss my heroes and mercenaries…

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Posted by: Nurgle.6597

Nurgle.6597

So you want GW1 Mercernaries back.. and you want them to be controlled by the AI that deals with the like of Logan Thackeray and other friendly NPCs.

Oh god I hate that guy, most of the time he just stands there doing nothing while I’m dieing, or he runs up to an enemy and then just stares at them

Posted by: Raine.1394

Raine.1394

Interesting! This could be the answer to the problem of vertical progression for the altoholic. If they allowed you to use alts as pets you could keep up with the power curve through a sheer force of numbers. Not a bad idea!

Posted by: Vick.6805

Vick.6805

No, thanks.

Heroes ruined many aspects of the community in GW, and I have no interest in seeing a repeat performance in this game.

Posted by: Nat.4029

Nat.4029

Ahhh this brought back some GW nostalgia.

“kitten it, Alesia!!!”

Orion casts Fire Storm after every fight is over.

Valar Morghulis

Posted by: xarallei.4279

xarallei.4279

I do miss heroes. Not sure if you can implement that system into this game, but it would be awfully nice if you could. That and bring back GW1 style missions while you’re at it.

HipposWild.7185

Yeah it might be tough to implement but if they built a system where u determine what skills are used when it would be a lot easier. Not to mention if you could take control of the mercs and switch which characters are currently on ai a lot of fun would be had.

An example would be use a certain skill chain when all involved skills are ready… mash the shorter cd spells till longest cd is ready. Not terribly hard to program that either just a series of nested if else statements based on ur set up.

They could give a series of situations and u pick the reactions.