vista's en jumping puzzels

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Railguy.5890

Railguy.5890

Why is it that game creators always try to put something in a game so that people will leave??

Lets put in jumping puzzels for the people who like to do that. Well thats a good idea, i dont like them so i won’t do them.

Lets put in a world exploration, thats nice i like that.

O kitten, well then let’s put vista’s on top of jumping puzzels, so they wont be able to do a complete exploration.

Well thnx alot

Posted by: Tradewind.6913

Tradewind.6913

What’s wrong with jumping puzzles? Also, there’s a difference between actual jumping puzzles and having to climb something to get to a vista. Namely, getting to a vista often requires nothing more than hopping up a few rocks.

Posted by: Railguy.5890

Railguy.5890

try dredgehaunt cliffs, those are not just jumping some rocks

Posted by: Algreg.3629

Algreg.3629

the vistas do usually not require a lot of skills, mostly its finding the first “step” that is hard.

Posted by: Eochaidh.4106

Eochaidh.4106

I love jumping puzzles. Either way, you’re not forced to seek the vistas.

Posted by: Clem.2963

Clem.2963

None of the vista are hard to get to, once you know the right path.

Posted by: notebene.3190

notebene.3190

I’m fairly certain I’ll be able to get them all, though I was worried about it myself, but even if I manage to do it, I would have to agree. Jumping in any game is not for everyone, but it seems like tying something that requires some skill, agility, and frankly…youth, to an achievement which really should be a bit more casual (an opinion), is a bit harsh.

I did a nasty one today I was worried about at the top of a tower in the big keep in the SW corner of EB today. Jumping from beam to beam up a spiral. Those are rough. Not to mention certain death if you fall (I didn’t).

I think that jumping should have it’s own achievement outside of exploration. There are a lot of jumping puzzles in the game, some in the WvW areas as well. Wrap them up in a meta-achievement. And then a ‘few’ of those Vistas could be toned down so there isn’t any death defying jumping, and you’d be done.

Now, I’m a bit mixed on whether WvW should be included in exploration. If you asked me 5 days ago, I would have said no. Today? I’m glad I went out to see if I could get some, as I’ve been getting a bit addicted to WvW the past few days.

Posted by: PaybackPrahl.3192

PaybackPrahl.3192

Jumping Puzzles and Vistas are rarely intertwined. The jumping you need to reach most Vistas is such that I would hardly call it a ‘puzzle’. The path is always laid out pretty clearly.

I actually can’t think of any actual Jumping Puzzle I’ve done (stuff like Morgan’s Spiral or Sharkmaw Cavern) that ended in a Vista.