want to change my home server.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Malleus.6391

Malleus.6391

I recently found out that servers are able to change tiers by how well they do. I DID not know this fact. I strayed away from a friend’s server because his was slaying the ones he was in a tier with and i wanted to be in something balanced.

Now I just want to play with my friend. Is there anyway to do this? Can i delete my characters from my home to start a new on his?

Or am i stuck now

Posted by: ensoriki.5789

ensoriki.5789

You can purchase a server transfer.
Either pay with money, or farm up some gold for the process.
When you press world selection in the character select screen you can either “Guest” to a server or Transfer to it making it your home server for WvW.

The great forum duppy.

Posted by: CHOAM.7852

CHOAM.7852

Yes to deleting characters. Editing in source: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Just-bought-game-want-to-change-server/first#post1383490

If you do not want to delete characters because you have already made progress you do not want to erase, you can also change servers with Gems. Provided the destination server is not “Full”

(edited by CHOAM.7852)

Posted by: Max Lexandre.6279

Max Lexandre.6279

Only paying gems now for transfer. Or you can guest in the server you want.
About gems to transfer you may wait untill the server you want to go is short of medium pop for pay cheaper for transfer.

I’m The Best in Everything.
Asura thing.

Posted by: Fernling.1729

Fernling.1729

either pay, or you can delete all your characters.

Posted by: Malleus.6391

Malleus.6391

well i deleted.

We started on stormbluff. deleted and transfered when we thought it was overpopulated and unbalanced. Just deleted from Borlis. Now it says I have to wait 5 days… kitten No playing for a week. So sad

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

don’t worry….. time flies very fast nowadays….. just do your other things for now, and come back in a week afresh….

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

Posted by: SchuMidas.4782

SchuMidas.4782

paid transfer and still got 7 day timer is dumb. illogically

SchuMidas – Guardian
Guild Pro Baddies [Pro] @ Tarnished Coast

Posted by: CETheLucid.3964

CETheLucid.3964

It’s to prevent abuse by people who are asinine enough to abuse the system to mess with the WvW ladder. Yes, they exist. Yes, they would pay to do it.

So with that in mind, it’s completely logical. Do something else for seven days.

Posted by: SchuMidas.4782

SchuMidas.4782

It’s to prevent abuse by people who are asinine enough to abuse the system to mess with the WvW ladder. Yes, they exist. Yes, they would pay to do it.

So with that in mind, it’s completely logical. Do something else for seven days.

if its something to prevent abuse, yes it does make sense.
but it does screw somebody else with different intention like OP.

SchuMidas – Guardian
Guild Pro Baddies [Pro] @ Tarnished Coast

Posted by: Sujikahalwa.4920

Sujikahalwa.4920

Anyone else think this is ridiculous? A friend just bought the game to play with me only to find out that he has to choose a world, and stormbluff is full, so he picked borlis. Since my characters are on stormbluff I now can’t play with my friend who only purchased the game to play with me. No. I will not pay extra to have the PRIVILEGE of playing an MMO with my friend. Get it right. I should be able to make a new character on a new world WITHOUT a five day wait. thanks a lot arenanet – we may never play a game of your company again – at least twelve of us and growing. kitten.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

You have resurrected a 4-year old thread that has nothing to do with the way Servers work now.

Since both Servers chosen are in the same region (NA), you can play together anywhere in the game world with the exception of WvW. (Players in different regions can not play together in PvE maps.) You both travel to the same map, and if you find you are not together, join up in a party, right-click on their name, and choose ‘Join (friend) in Map’.

The Wiki is a great resource for all things Guild Wars 2 (link above).

Good luck.