please add a warning if u sell acendend gear to vendor

I almost accidentl sold a waepon today

no warning at at all

please that will spare tears in the future

warning for acendend sell

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: DaedSaint.6190

DaedSaint.6190

There is an amazing feature at the vendors called ’buyback". If you accidentally sell something you can simply buy it back for the vendor cost. Be advised though this is only something that works if you immediately realize what you have done.

Saint Acardos – [INCO]/[VoX] – DR
“Why do I need damage? I brought a thief.”

Posted by: Solandri.9640

Solandri.9640

Unfortunately, for buyback to work, you have to know you sold something you wanted to keep. Often when you accidentally sell something, you didn’t realize you sold it.

Of course the answer to that is invisible bags, so your important stuff never shows up in the sell list. If they’d just fix the stupid bug where switching from 1h weapons to a 2h weapon results in the off-hand weapon going into your main inventory.

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

Unfortunately, for buyback to work, you have to know you sold something you wanted to keep. Often when you accidentally sell something, you didn’t realize you sold it.

Of course the answer to that is invisible bags, so your important stuff never shows up in the sell list. If they’d just fix the stupid bug where switching from 1h weapons to a 2h weapon results in the off-hand weapon going into your main inventory.

I don’t think that’s a bug… just a poor QoL feature.

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

I’m pretty sure this is part of the reason for having different text colours for different rarities. If you’re at a merchant selling a bunch of green and blue items and you see pink text in the list that is your reminder to stop and check what you’re selling.

Technically it’s a lack of a feature. The off-hand is using the default behaviour for any item going into your inventory – going into the first free slot. There are no special features for it. Now if Anet said they had changed it so any weapon you unequip goes into the bottom most free slot, or into a specific kind of bag and it didn’t happen that would be a bug.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: southbeatz.2780

southbeatz.2780

An easy solution is to craft or buy an invisible slot bag that hides items in it from being able to be sold or you could of course try paying attention when selling items to a merchant.

Posted by: Ark Bladesteele.2943

Ark Bladesteele.2943

I’m pretty sure this is part of the reason for having different text colours for different rarities. If you’re at a merchant selling a bunch of green and blue items and you see pink text in the list that is your reminder to stop and check what you’re selling.

Technically it’s a lack of a feature. The off-hand is using the default behaviour for any item going into your inventory – going into the first free slot. There are no special features for it. Now if Anet said they had changed it so any weapon you unequip goes into the bottom most free slot, or into a specific kind of bag and it didn’t happen that would be a bug.

A really nifty feature of this since the April 15th update (or maybe it was before, I wasn’t using a dual 1h build and swapping to a 2h until recently) is that it somehow remembers the offhand weapon that I had last equipped if I double-click the primary to equip it. I use sword/shield and axe/mace in WvW, GS and axe/mace in PvE, but when I equip my sword the shield gets auto-equipped as well. Oddly, if I view the equipment page in my hero panel, it tells me the shield isn’t equipped, and the shield is still visible in my inventory.

I actually like that! It’s a bug I’m sure, or a feature that was not fully implemented (I can almost picture the comments in the code: // @todo: finish offhand auto-equip on 2h → 1h swap), but it’s nice.

It is annoying to see my shield go into the first open inv slot, though. Not a huge issue since I’m not constantly swapping back and forth between 1h/offhand to 2h, but I wouldn’t mind a small QoL change to address it.

NSP’s resident crazy-eyed sylvari

Posted by: Khorrax.2108

Khorrax.2108

When I played Lord of the Rings Online, you could put a lock on items to prevent them from being accidentally sold. It would be nice if something similar was added to GW2.

Posted by: trampled underfoot.4523

trampled underfoot.4523

They do have some failsafe’s in place as I learned about 2 months ago. Before the new patch, I was trashing a legendary PVP weapon. You could buy for nothing at the time, it was just for show.

As I tried to trash it I received a prompt that asked me to type in the entire name of the weapon (for example “The Bitfrost”) in order to trash it.

Obviously I am not going to try it for my PVE legendary, but I have to assume (I hope) there are similar protections as well. I have sometimes switched a weapon onto my character while salvaging a large number of items for example and almnsot salavaged the weapon I normally use. Shyte happens eh? We just have to be careful.

Posted by: Lishtenbird.2814

Lishtenbird.2814

An easy solution is to craft or buy an invisible slot bag that hides items in it from being able to be sold or you could of course try paying attention when selling items to a merchant.

When you have two 1-handers and switch to one 2-hander, one of the 1-handers jumps to a usual bag regardless.

20 level 80s and counting.