weapon sigils...whats the best?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Tom.6478

Tom.6478

I understand that it can be how you use them, but for overall PVE roaming…. not fractals or raids.

I’m talking about 2 hand weapons.

If you look on TP, you get an idea as to what is best. However, some are just hard to get and do not really say how useful they are.

Right now, I have Torment and fire.

Would fire and air be better, or something else?

Posted by: Cyninja.2954

Cyninja.2954

There is no best sigil.

Sigils are directly connected to your build and which game mode you are playing in.

If there is maybe a close to must use sigil it might be Superior Sigil of Force on most pve builds.

Price of Sigils is not only dictated by demand but also supply. Some of the very expensive sigils on the TP just have a very low supply, thus they are very expensive even though they are not that useful.

As far as overall pve open world, it doesn’t matter what you use. I’d probably place Superior Sigil of Energey quite high simply because it’s 1 extra dodge every 10 seconds thus making survival a tad easier. It’s certainly not must use though.

Are you using condition damage? Which class are you playing? Torment isn’t usually a first pick as far as sigils go unless you have a coockie cutter build for it.

(edited by Cyninja.2954)

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

There is no best sigil.

Sigils are directly connected to your build and which game mode you are playing in.

If there is maybe a close to must use sigil it might be Superior Sigil of Force on most pve builds.

Price of Sigils is not only dictated by demand but also supply. Some of the very expensive sigils on the TP just have a very low supply, thus they are very expensive even though they are not that useful.

As far as overall pve open world, it doesn’t matter what you use. I’d probably place Superior Sigil of Energey quite high simply because it’s 1 extra dodge every 10 seconds thus making survival a tad easier. It’s certainly not must use though.

Are you using condition damage? Which class are you playing? Torment isn’t usually a first pick as far as sigils go unless you have a coockie cutter build for it.

That really reinforce the “directly connected to your build” since a thief could also use that extra dodge for more damage as well.

Posted by: PaxTheGreatOne.9472

PaxTheGreatOne.9472

I agree, there is no best sigil

However Certain sigils will have more value for certain builds:

for healers
1 transference
2 water
3 renewal
(life)

for power builds
1 force
2 accuracy
(bloodlust)
(precepton)

For condi builds
1 malice
2 condition stacking sigils like earth and such and geomancy
3 duration sigils
4 bursting
(corruption)

For support builds:
1 concentration
2 Strength

Then there are some sigils which can be usefull for dmg like
1 Air
2 Fire (can AoE aggro enemies, whcih can be a problem with non cleaving weapons.)

Cleansing sigils:
1 generosity
2 purity
3 cleansing

Lifesteal sigild
1 draining
2 leaching

And there are a lot of sigils which are maybe non standard and less valuable in many eye’s like stacking sigils (mentioned in above lists in brackets) but they have significance in WvW and in PvP

This leaves a lot of sigils unmentioned

There are sigils to keep up endurance for more dodges
- energy
- stamina

There are sigils for farming
- speed

23 lvl 80’s, 9 times map, 4ele, 4ncr, 3war, 3grd, 3rgr, 2thf, 2msm, 1eng, 1 rev.
Been There, Done That & Will do it again…except maybe world completion.

Posted by: Tom.6478

Tom.6478

Thanks for the replies.

I should have been more specific.

I wanted to know pure damage regardless of build.

Kind of sounds like Fire and Air is the way to go….

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

Kind of sounds like Fire and Air is the way to go….

Only if you have a high crit rate. Otherwise, they won’t go off often enough to make them worth slotting.

On power builds, I kind of like to go with Bloodlust. It takes some time to build, but it’s a nice bonus at the end. Just make sure to slot it on an underwater weapon as well, so you don’t lose the stacked bonus when you go into the water.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

Force for power builds as it is straight up +5% damage. For any other pve builds it just doesn’t matter so long as you take one related to what you are trying to accomplish.

Posted by: zoomborg.9462

zoomborg.9462

Both these sigils also scale with power. It would be a waste on a primarily condi build.