wearing more than one helmet cosmetic

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: AncientYs.8613

AncientYs.8613

Hi guys, so recently i had this idea of wearing more than one transumted helm, now hear me out.

This is a screenshot i took of me wearing the Radiant Helmet Skin then quickly switch to the Bloodstone Visage.

So as seen on the picture i clearly have both on but it is currently not possible ingame to have both on simultaneously.

BUT! in the picture it is clearly shown that i have both on.

So in the future could we possibly have a way to combine more than one helmet cosmetic together?

Attachments:

Posted by: Duke Darkwood.4237

Duke Darkwood.4237

I don’t know if that would be possible (graphical glitch notwithstanding), but you reminded me of how in GW1, you could mix/match wearing a Costume’s headgear with your standard armor, or your actual headgear with a costume outfit, and I’m wondering if that could be done here. (Dunno how hard it would be from a programming perspective; from a visual perspective, the only potential snag I can see is the usual – clipping.)

And clipping is most likely what would prohibit your suggestion as well, since most headgear are physical, unlike those glowing eye ones or the tattoo ones. Maybe the eyepatches, I don’t recall how “substantial” they are. Imagine trying to wear the Radiant Helm at the same time as the Draconic Helm – the clipping would look plain ugly.

The next-best solution – and again, I’m no programmer so I have no idea how viable this would be to implement – would be for “facial cosmetics” to be a separate thing from headgear, encompassing the eyes, tattoos, and anything that is more a feature of the face itself than headgear placed upon it.

AncientYs.8613

I don’t know if that would be possible (graphical glitch notwithstanding), but you reminded me of how in GW1, you could mix/match wearing a Costume’s headgear with your standard armor, or your actual headgear with a costume outfit, and I’m wondering if that could be done here. (Dunno how hard it would be from a programming perspective; from a visual perspective, the only potential snag I can see is the usual – clipping.)

And clipping is most likely what would prohibit your suggestion as well, since most headgear are physical, unlike those glowing eye ones or the tattoo ones. Maybe the eyepatches, I don’t recall how “substantial” they are. Imagine trying to wear the Radiant Helm at the same time as the Draconic Helm – the clipping would look plain ugly.

The next-best solution – and again, I’m no programmer so I have no idea how viable this would be to implement – would be for “facial cosmetics” to be a separate thing from headgear, encompassing the eyes, tattoos, and anything that is more a feature of the face itself than headgear placed upon it.

yeah :> i hope this will be implemented.

Posted by: Liewec.2896

Liewec.2896

they could always add a “face” purely cosmetic slot for things like glasses, glowey eyes, face paints etc,
and let people use it at their own risk, ofcourse if you use a full face helmet and glasses it will clip and look stupid so use your brain!

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

I just want more…. earrings There is only ONE headpiece (to my knowledge) in entire game with an earring (which also sadly involves ugly tomato on the eye).

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

Posted by: Khailyn.6248

Khailyn.6248

it actually was possible to combine armor with the hats of costumes at one point in time. when the game first came out i used the witches hat and dry bones armor. however with the town cloths update, AN made this no longer possible. still a little salty about it and wish AN would make it possible again.

‘Death smiles at us all. All a man can do is smile back.’

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

It would be awfully nice if they could allow us to mix and match armor headpieces or allow us to wear an armor headpiece with an outfit.

they could always add a “face” purely cosmetic slot for things like glasses, glowey eyes, face paints etc,
and let people use it at their own risk, ofcourse if you use a full face helmet and glasses it will clip and look stupid so use your brain!

Maybe that’s a possibility. Rather than having two headpieces, you can chose one headpiece from the armor wardrobe and choose a second from a cosmetic wardrobe, and let any clipping be ignored by ANet.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

(edited by Just a flesh wound.3589)

Posted by: Ashantara.8731

Ashantara.8731

BUT! in the picture it is clearly shown that i have both on.

This is a preview bug with animated armor pieces, or at least with these two: Bloodstone Visage, Nightfury.

You always have to disable them repeatedly for the preview to adapt correctly. Hasn’t been fixed in years.

AncientYs.8613

this idea is good! to prevent clipping from occuring we could have a seperate slot for each piece,

so for example we could place a slot for each armor piece in the wardrobe panel,

preferably next to the armor slot itself would be a cosmetic slot so that we could have a slot for each individual piece, Helmet, Eye wear, shoulder, chest,glove legging and boot!

so this will enable us to mix and match cosmetically. Using this method to implement would also allow me to use both the radiant helmet and bloodstone visage at the same time.

Please take this suggestion into account Arena Net. Perhaps for the future in the next expansion.