website to match precise dye to armor/weapons

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: leftyboy.9358

leftyboy.9358

Q:

Wondered for awhile now if there’s a site which matches dyes to armor/weapons to take the guess work out of it. Most recently I’ve been trying to match the colors of ad infinitum to armor dyes. I’ve come pretty close but I guess I’m just kinda anal and want perfect match colors.

Posted by: Hoaxintelligence.4628

Hoaxintelligence.4628

You’re Just kinda anal? Whut? Btw, you can preview dyes, incase you didnt knew yet

Sît[MII]Ultimate Dominator
U N D E R W O R L D
W v W-r o a m e r

Posted by: leftyboy.9358

leftyboy.9358

Thanks for troll response. Now that you feel better about yourself maybe someone will have something more than sarcasm to share; he said sarcastically :P

Posted by: OneYenShort.3189

OneYenShort.3189

I’ll be honest and tell you I don’t know of any. To make matters absolutely worse, what gets released with tinting, shading, etc. due to “materials” often won’t even match the original colors released.

Case in point, the Auric Backpack. I have found NO shade/armor combination that will match it exactly. I’ve gotten close but that is the best I can do.
The artists can create some wonderful looking stuff but they never put it up against the rest of the stuff to see if can actually match what things look like in game. So from this aspect, all the skins in the world… and they all look like dog vomit because of special for them (skin in question) rendering.

Anyway, enough of my complains. This is the best I can do to help. Good luck.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/What-is-this-yellow