what does kitten even mean

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: greg.3792

greg.3792

The other thread was closed before I could ask – it was talking about kitten being a replacement for a swear word.

However I have seen it used in lots and lots of other contexts and so I am confused to the definition.

Maybe nobody knows – which would be typical of kids today i guess. Just one example in the context of talking about the guardian healer role someone said

“It so perfectly melds role of protector with a level in kitten”

Now come on that cant be a swear word I think.

Edit, another example talking about end game

“If I were you, I would continue to have kittenn and not worry about what level you are or how soon you will get there.”

Ok so he misspelled it but again either kids have the worse possible grammar or kitten is just thrown around without anyone knowing what it means.

(edited by greg.3792)

Posted by: TabMorte.5297

TabMorte.5297

Well ANet just slots it in in the place of any curse word so you have to just figure it out via context.

That said, I’ve just started using the word kitten rather then curses all over the place because of it. I am thinking in that context it might mean bottomkicking.

Golemancy 101: total and complete catastrophic
failure is still a monumental success, assuming
losses remain within acceptable parameters.

Posted by: mulch.2586

mulch.2586

The second quote is taking letters f and u and replacing them with kitten, because it’s a mean thing to say to someone. Unless you really love them.

Posted by: Talyjta.9081

Talyjta.9081

But honestly… replacing it inside common words like full (.f.u.l.l ) and funny (.f.u.n.n.y) doen’t make a lot of sense, does it?

Posted by: CC Charles.3675

CC Charles.3675

Community Coordinator

Now that the answer has been given by TabMorte, I will close this thread.

Thank you.