what else is good title besides gwamm?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Redxon.6832

Redxon.6832

I can’t get gwamm i been playing gw1 for years but i just cant do it so what else can i get for a good title? i do have closer to the stars but its not good enough. is there anything else or should i just quit this game cus considering i ended up in the hospital couple weeks ago cus of this game i just cant take it anymore.

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

Combat Healer

The Burninator

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

If the ‘game’ is causing you distress or injury, you should probably find something else that is more suited to your preferences.

A title is just that..a title. Who says ‘Closer to the Stars’ is not good enough? Truly, no one really cares what title anyone displays. The only one I’ve really tried for was ‘Been There Done That’, and that was only after 2 years of working on it when the fancy struck me.

Just do/play things that make you happy, and stay away from things that cause distress.

Good luck.

Edit: Reading through your previous posts, you really have to get away from all that worrying about what others think about your pixels. Truly, truly, it is of the least importance. Just play for you, never for anyone else.

Again, good luck.

(edited by Inculpatus cedo.9234)

Redxon.6832

If the ‘game’ is causing you distress or injury, you should probably find something else that is more suited to your preferences.

A title is just that..a title. Who says ‘Closer to the Stars’ is not good enough? Truly, no one really cares what title anyone displays. The only one I’ve really tried for was ‘Been There Done That’, and that was only after 2 years of working on it when the fancy struck me.

Just do/play things that make you happy, and stay away from things that cause distress.

Good luck.

Edit: Reading through your previous posts, you really have to get away from all that worrying about what others think about your pixels. Truly, truly, it is of the least importance. Just play for you, never for anyone else.

Again, good luck.

Yeah but gw2 is one of the only games i can get into atm and i dont really like many other things out side of mmos.

Gwamm just carries its weight because when you see someone in LA with GWAMM and map completion star, and glasses and commander tag, it just doesn’t get much better than that. and knowing ill never have that makes me not want to play gw2, but at the same time i dont really have anything else to play that i like.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

If you think a title, and an easily purchased icon over your head is the ‘be all – end all’, there isn’t much anyone can say.

You can either work towards the baubles, or covet them from afar. Your choice. /shrug

Good luck.

Posted by: Cavalier.9064

Cavalier.9064

… and knowing ill never have that makes me not want to play gw2, but at the same time i dont really have anything else to play that i like.

This part of your post bothers me immensely, because it makes me wonder if you are like this in real life as well, and how miserable that must make someone in your position.

Posted by: Chameleon Dude.1564

Chameleon Dude.1564

When I see GWAMM, I just see someone who used necro heroes to do hard mode with no effort and ground a load of money for certain other titles – it’s nice to use if you have it, but it doesn’t mean anything. Glasses are just a discontinued helmet skin, pure luck on whether or not you bought them when they were available – nothing to beat yourself up over.

As for map completion and a commander tag : go for those slowly if you want – they are very achievable and can be done a little at a time. Remember, this is Trahearne’s your story! Your game is about you, not some random person in Lion’s Arch who uses fifty accounts to play the trading post for eight hours a day.

Posted by: Lady Elvea.2847

Lady Elvea.2847

When I see GWAMM, I just see someone who used necro heroes to do hard mode with no effort and ground a load of money for certain other titles

That’s a shame, because there are plenty of people who, like me, actually got their GWAMM the hard way… by playing with other people, working out their own builds, and figuring out how the heck to even get a vanquish or HM mission done before three necros got meta or before there were a million walkthroughs around. Most importantly… many people did it because it offered a variety of challenges and was fun.

Is it cheapened by people who got there taking lazy shortcuts? Probably. That still doesn’t mean every GWAMM out there should have their time and effort dismissed as such. You could just appreciate that the person you see with it could have gotten there the easy or the hard way and accept that as long as they had fun along the way, it was a worthwhile title for them to get.

I certainly felt a sense of satisfaction and accomplishment when I got mine, just as I did when I maxed out my HoM achievements. I don’t wear it for anyone else, I wear it for myself, because I can and I know I earned it.

Ultimately titles and their value are entirely personal. The reward is that you have it, not how others may perceive it. If you can earn it by doing something you enjoy, go for it and wear it with pride. (Haters gonna hate!)

Mine?
Mesmer – GWAMM after her GW1 namesake who earned it, first lvl 80 and 100% map explorer in GW2
Necro – Been There Done That; second lvl80 and 100% map explorer
Thief – Master Carver… because lolwut
Guardian – Saviour of Lions Arch (or whatever) because she farmed the heck out of it

Make them personal, change them for the occasion, do whatever you like… just so long as you do it for you. I apply mine with my own (bad) sense of humour and the only one who’s in on the joke (or needs to be) is me.

Posted by: Roybe.5896

Roybe.5896

I enjoy the ‘Honorary Skritt’ title. /15chars

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

I usually wear titles that fit my characters personality. ‘Volunteer’, ‘Traveller’, ‘Guild Warrior’ and ‘Emissary of the Mad King’ are common choices.

I have a friend who always wears ‘The Sunbringer’ or ‘The Blazing Light’ because her characters whole look is based on being as shiny as possible.

I do find it interesting when I see someone with GWAMM, but only because it tells me they’re most likely someone who actually played GW1 instead of rushing through it for HoM rewards to use in GW2.

Titles to me are like skins. There’s no definite ‘most impressive’ choice, and I’m much more interested in seeing an interesting one that fits that character than one someone is hoping will impress random strangers.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

All the titles introduced in this patch are pretty epic. Not very hard to get, but cool titles.

Posted by: Sariel V.7024

Sariel V.7024

When I see GWAMM, I just see someone who used necro heroes to do hard mode with no effort and ground a load of money for certain other titles.

Not true in either case for me. I was out vanqing before SABway was the common thing (and before you could do the full hero party), and more often than not I was able to convince allies to come with. Even set up a night to clear out Lornar’s and everything south of it. Never got the itch to farm ecto and I’ve rarely been rich. It took forever to get all that alcohol and candy.

But like has already been said, I rarely notice titles on other people. Even then, I stop caring 10 seconds after I read it.

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

When I see GWAMM, I just see someone who used necro heroes to do hard mode with no effort and ground a load of money for certain other titles – it’s nice to use if you have it, but it doesn’t mean anything.

Some parts still took effort. I didn’t bother with any of the extra stuff in GW1 until GW2 announced the HoM. Originally, I basically beat the game with henchmen and quit. With heroes, most of the stuff could be done very easily, as in c-space and AFK (target closest and initiate attack), letting the heroes do all the work. There were parts however that required manual skill usage and proper positioning, both in the setup and during combat.

Personally, I played the game 100% solo, not even trading with another player – and currently stuck with the RNG gods at 49/50. I did all the dungeons however, so I can see where one might buy their way into skipping all that.

Posted by: Algreg.3629

Algreg.3629

if I ever saw bait, it is this. In case I am wrong, unfathomably sad.

Posted by: Castrin.8972

Castrin.8972

Been there, done that.

I respect that title as it notes that you really went everywhere in Tyria in GW2. Even to places that it’s dang hard to explore. It took me two years to get it.

Peace.

Grandmaster
Order of the Empyrean Shield [OES]

Posted by: Neko Dudley.2495

Neko Dudley.2495

Crabgrabber: I’m at 68/1000, but I’m in no great hurry.
Yakslapper: good luck on that one.
Been there, done that: yeah, some day I’ll get on with it.
Veteran of the Mists: you should already have this one.
(something) toymaker: coming soon
Master Carver: I wear mine with pride.

Gate of Madness [MAL] EB
Yarr! I be keeping me pirate runes, Matey. Yarr! You’re welcome. Yarr!

Posted by: Paradox.1380

Paradox.1380

Dungeon Master, Best Title in the game. And I cant’ tell if you are trolling or not >.>;

-It’s Lady Paradox- Sweet Adrenaline
“What Part Of Living Says You Gotta Die?
I Plan On Burnin Through Another 9 Lives”

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

been there, done that
distinction/honors in applied jumping
the blazing light
dungeoneer
any wvw title

all of these show a commitment to master/grind a certain content. someone else cant carry you, either because you have to do it or the effort required is enormous. if you dont notice them, its not our fault.

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

Posted by: Afya.5842

Afya.5842

Quit the game. If that is what makes you stay in the game, quit it. Plus I dunno how the heck the game got you in hospital but maybe you should pay attention to “You have been playing for _ hours please take a break”.

Posted by: Kysin.6349

Kysin.6349

If the game actually did cause you to harm yourself, I would suggest quitting ASAP. Try to find a game that relaxes you, that you can come home and take a sigh of relief and relax while playing.

If you like progression in games with a focus on character customization, then I can suggest many single player games. Where you don’t need to worry about staying/getting “at the top” with other players. Also, I hope you have a professional therapist, because game forums are a horrible place to look for real life advice/counsel.

Co-leader of Knights of Eminence[Sir] – PvX
Reap The Weak[Reap] – WvW 5-man havok
-Blackgate

Posted by: Aro.8275

Aro.8275

My main has Champion of the Gods.

…i ended up in the hospital couple weeks ago cus of this game…

Probably time to take a break instead of worrying about titles.

Posted by: Silvia.9130

Silvia.9130

The only title I am after is Champion Magus, but if you can’t rely on a PvP full team, it’s quite a far thingie to achieve

>>Lady Carlie Castle<
>>=<

Posted by: tyler.2569

tyler.2569

… Sanctum Sprinter

no doubt about, most coveted, dishonorable, and illustrious title that exists. sure, it wasn’t too hard to get; but it came with a cost. you couldn’t get it by just playing well: you had to play dirty too! you had to zap fools in the air, and leave obstacles between tight places, knocking your fellow racers to a momentary doom! and to learn these mischievous tricks, well, one had to be humbled by falling for them them self. it was a dirty little game… but it was worth it.

plus, anything that has to do with Zephyrites is just better than anything else; and with the Zephyr sanctum being demolished, this here title is a token of a time that once was, but sadly – oh so sadly! – no longer is.

Sanctum Sprinter, baby.
ain’t no way chu gone get betta den dat. mmm mhmph!

Posted by: sunset.3056

sunset.3056

When I don’t wear my GWAMM, I wear Champion Hunter. I love those titles and it shows you aren’t completely braindead.

Posted by: Megastorm.6219

Megastorm.6219

Greatsaw+Master Carver

Posted by: Copestetic.5174

Copestetic.5174

Legendary Champion. Get that.

Posted by: Neko Dudley.2495

Neko Dudley.2495

Keep in mind that no title is worth time in the hospital. Take care of your health first.

Gate of Madness [MAL] EB
Yarr! I be keeping me pirate runes, Matey. Yarr! You’re welcome. Yarr!

Posted by: kolompi.1287

kolompi.1287

GWAMM and Champion of the Gods. Don’t bother with the others.

Posted by: fireflyry.7023

fireflyry.7023

Ignore them.

The majority equate to “I grind lots…..look at me”.

If your having adventurer problems I feel bad for you son, I dodged 99 arrows till my knee took one.

Posted by: Furesy.6935

Furesy.6935

and if u guys think I’m trolling, I can post pics of the burn marks on my arm from last week?

Too much Citadel of Flame for you my friend!

Posted by: Kaos.9162

Kaos.9162

Pick one that you like personally, and don’t bother what other people think of it, I’d say.

For example, I really love the synergy between the Chosen title and the name Balthamel I have on one of my characters, but most people won’t get the connection and Chosen isn’t really impressive on its own.

Posted by: innocens.1582

innocens.1582

gwamm, grinding without any meaning and/or measure 8-).

titles are just cosmetic. i never have a title on, didnt in gw1 and wont in gw2,
because it doesnt say anything.

doing teq with people displaying ‘sunbringer’ and stil they dont know what to do when
there are no commanders 8-P

a man who doesnt make mistakes doesnt do anything

Posted by: kolompi.1287

kolompi.1287

Is what people say if they cannot be bothered to get it. “Grind”? Maybe, but what makes it meaningful is that you have that goal you wanted to achieve.

Meaningless would be if you would do all those things and not get a title for it.

I’m glad you are happy without showing titles, at least you don’t have the issues that OP does.

Posted by: yorick.1305

yorick.1305

Don’t bother trying 50/50 then (!)

You just have too stick with it. GW1 doesn’t give some of it titles away easily.

fireflyry.7023

Is what people say if they cannot be bothered to get it. “Grind”? Maybe, but what makes it meaningful is that you have that goal you wanted to achieve.

Nope. GWAMM is/was grind.Period.

If one chooses to change their personal definition of what that means all good. That doesn’t change that the fact that it took aeons of grind to attain and it is a huge pink neon “I grinded a lot” sign above someone’s head.

If your having adventurer problems I feel bad for you son, I dodged 99 arrows till my knee took one.

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

If you see me walking around with a GWAMM title, you can rest assured that I earned it legit. By playing since release, and doing everything in the game. But yes, I suppose there are plenty of players that got it the easy way.

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

Posted by: hybrid.5027

hybrid.5027

When I see GWAMM, I just see someone who used necro heroes to do hard mode with no effort and ground a load of money for certain other titles -

I used mesmer ritway. Much more powerful than sabway.

I know who I am, do you know who you are?

Posted by: Invictus.1503

Invictus.1503

I do have the glasses, commander tag and map completion done already. and most of the titels here listed I have, just not gwamm, but its ok ill just ignore it because i like my hom titles and gwamm is just too hard for me.

and if u guys think I’m trolling, I can post pics of the burn marks on my arm from last week?

I really don’t want to make light of your issue as it seems you have a real mental illness that you should really get treated. A game is meant for relaxing, not for causing distress. My advice is to quit the game for now and focus on getting yourself help.

It’s better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

Volunteer, Avenger of the Dispossesed.

A.k.a. Heroic Survivalist of Living Story.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

Posted by: Afya.5842

Afya.5842

The trashing on gwamm in this thread is unbelievable. It’s like saying if someone’s wearing Ultimate Dominator, that person got it by farming eotm uplevels.

Posted by: Berelious.3290

Berelious.3290

Seriously, you need to find a different hobby if GW2 is putting you in the hospital. At any rate, I have a whole list of titles, either from GW1 or earned in this game. I’m proud to display any of them because I earned them. I don’t have GWAMM, but to be honest it doesn’t bother me in the least. Seriously though, if you’re injuring yourself over this game, stop playing and go run through the woods for a few hours, it’ll do you good.

Corwin Grimjaw: Guardian (80)
Yak’s Bend Server
Crimethink [ct]

Posted by: Azure The Heartless.3261

Azure The Heartless.3261

I can’t get gwamm i been playing gw1 for years

i ended up in the hospital couple weeks ago cus of this game

quit.

A phrase above your video game character’s head that many people wont even recognize the significance of isn’t worth your health.

put that effort into something more constructive.

Resident Disgruntled, Coffee-drinking Charr.
Zarin Mistcloak(THF) Valkyrie Mistblade(WAR) Kossori Mistwalker(REV) Durendal Mistward(GRD)
I used to think (build op, pls nerf) like you, but then I took a nerf to the knee.

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

I always considered the GWAMM title to be merely a sort of recognition for those GW1 players that have stuck to them game long enough to get it. It requires that you basically complete everything in the game, which is not something that happens over night. It is a title that people were meant to take very long to get. Now you could of course grind your way to the title in a much shorter period, that is probably not how it was intended, and you shouldn’t do that to yourself.

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

fireflyry.7023

The trashing on gwamm in this thread is unbelievable. It’s like saying if someone’s wearing Ultimate Dominator, that person got it by farming eotm uplevels.

lol.wut?

GWAMM equates to grind. Theres no getting around that. The very mechanics of the title stipulate that you grinded for hundreds of hours to attain it. It’s not trashing the title at all, it’s stating exactly what it took to attain it. Grind, grind and then some more grind. Problem is most, not all, GWAMM title holders act like it’s a hierarchal sign of skill.

It’s time/goldsink. Period.

Redxon.6832

I agree that gwamm is too grindy and a pain to get, but at the same time its improtnat because whenever you see someone who says “did u play gw1” they are going to flash their GWAMM title and if all you have is ur hom title they are gonna say “oh, too bad :P” happens to me every single day.

Furesy.6935

You surround yourself with funny people. I don’t wear any titles from GW1, I couldn’t care less about the titles in the game, they mean nothing.

When someone asks me “did u play gw1” I answer with yes.

Redxon.6832

You surround yourself with funny people. I don’t wear any titles from GW1, I couldn’t care less about the titles in the game, they mean nothing.

yeah i wish it was as simple as that, but if you didn’t have gwamm what would you say? what you say when they turn on their gwamm title?

Posted by: AdaephonDelat.3890

AdaephonDelat.3890

yeah i wish it was as simple as that, but if you didn’t have gwamm what would you say? what you say when they turn on their gwamm title?

“Nice title. Can we kill this dragon now?”

[BAD] a casual PvE guild on Aurora Glade.
http://bad-eu.guildlaunch.com
The Family Deuce. Asuran Adventure Specialists.

Posted by: Tachenon.5270

Tachenon.5270

GWAMM =

Go West And Meet Madonna?
George Washington Ate Magic Mushrooms?
Got Wammo And Mesmo Mains?
Gwen Was A Motor Mouth?
Godzilla Waltzing Among Miniature Models?

Just kidding. I know what it means: Guys Where Are My Mounts!

I don’t have that title, btw. I think I got up to… uh… I don’t remember. :-O

The table is a fable.

Furesy.6935

I’d say exactly the same, seeing I don’t have the GWAMM title.

I merely got 30/50 in HoM simply because it meant I could get all the special HoM items in GW2 and I conveniently already had 27/30 when they implemented the HoM system and was still playing through some of the campaigns on hard mode.

You see though, you assumed I had GWAMM because I played GW1 and cared little for it. It means nothing.